Chapter One:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mimi awoke once her alarm had gone off at 7:30 am. She slammed her hand down on the alarm button before rolling over and throwing the covers over her head to try to get more shut eye before she had to head to work.

 

Mmmmmm~

 

Mmmmmm~

 

“Maki, stop whining!” she nagged through her pillow.

 

Mmmmmmm~ RUFF~

 

“Okay okay! I’m up! Let’s go outside and go potty!” she smiled as she sat up to see her golden retriever standing by her bed and then go in circles when she knew that her master was going to take her outside.

 

The two headed downstairs and Mimi let out Maki out back. Mimi began to make herself some coffee and chop up some fruit for her morning ‘breakfast’. A few moments later, Maki whined to get back inside. Mimi let her in and quickly knelt to the floor when Maki’s leg gave out for the umpteenth time.

 

“You better take it easy there girl. You are not a spring chicken anymore.” she muttered softly as she pet her dog’s head.

 

Mimi knew that Maki was reaching that point where death could come any day. Maki was already 11 years old, which was extremely old for a dog’s lifespan. It was only a matter of time, but it was a time that Mimi wished would never, never come true. She couldn't dare to depart from her lovely fur-baby.

 

Mimi finished breakfast and headed upstairs to finish changing into her uniform and put on some makeup before she headed to work. Heading back downstairs, she gives Maki a few more rubs and a kiss on the head before setting the security alarm on her house and leaving.

   

She arrived to work within 15 minutes and greets everyone when she gets inside. “Good morning everyone” she announced cheerfully, placing her things on her desk. “Good morning Mimi!” Seokjin smiles. “Hey Mimi~” Jungkook greets. “Did you eat breakfast yet?” one of the female members asked.

 

“Yes ma’am” she smiled gleefully before taking her seat in the center of the room and logging in onto her computer.

 

Mimi opened her emails and began to answer them when a file opened and a bunch of pictures began to pop up of a guy. “God of Destruction? What is this?” she muttered as she scanned through the file.

 

A few people turned around a gasped at the name. “He is a monster! You haven’t heard about him, Mimi?” Jungkook scoffed as he rolled his chair over to her side. “I haven’t. I’m assuming he has a huge warrant against him considering he is on a ‘Wanted’ poster” she muttered, reading over some of the comments in the articles.

 

“Ha! That is an understatement!” the head boss came into the room. The entire squad stood up and greeted their General officer. “This kid is not just some ordinary monster. The head members of the Corps have been seeking out this guy to find the boss in charge of the murder crimes that have been going on for a long time” Ok Hyunjin said as he poured himself a cup of coffee and sat in an empty seat by Mimi and the others.

 

“If we can capture him, we can get a lot of answers from him about where their location is and who the next victim is. This guy has a lot of information that the police force needs”

 

“Are the victims important people or just random civilians?”

 

“Very influential and rich people. They are responsible for the murder of five of the president's bodyguards, the murder of CEO Im SukHo from the gold manufacturer enterprise, and many other very big and rich people. The list goes on.”

 

“How come this is the first time I am hearing about this?”

 

“Because you live in a rainbow filled bubble” Jungkook muttered under his breath.

 

Mimi lightly hit Jungkook’s thigh.

 

The phone rang and one of the squad members behind them had answered while the other three were talking. They quickly hung up the phone and turned to the General.

 

“I just got word from the Corps Headquarters. They have pinpointed where those criminals are and whom the next target is, sir” he said quite seriously.

 

“Already? Good. Who is it? If we can intervene before they get there and catch them off guard, we will have a good chance at snagging them” Ok Hyunjin said as he fixed his tie.

 

“The next target is you… sir” he muttered.

 

Everyone went silent and looked at their boss in shock. “I mean, it makes sense. You are the head honcho around here. Without your orders, we wouldn’t be able to arrest anyone” Seokjin added.

 

The boss rubbed his head before standing up abruptly, “When do they plan on striking?”

 

“Tomorrow…. When we are suppose to stop that v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter