Chapter Fourteen

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mimi woke up to being constricted. She allowed her eyes to adjust to the morning rays shining through the window when she noticed that she was facing a sleeping Namjoon. He had her wrapped in his arms, as if scared that she would run away during the night because of what he did to her.

All she could do is stare at his face. She scanned every part of his face. “He is so handsome” and there she heard it again. A rapid and deep thump. It was her heart, pounding so hard it could be heard across the room. The same feeling she had before when Namjoon let her fall down the stairs.

Mimi was embarrassed. Namjoon stirred in his sleep a bit until he finally woke up and looked at her. Her face blushed when they made eye contact and he immediately pushed her away.

“What the hell” he groaned as he stretched before sitting up in bed. “Don’t ask me, you’re the one who held me!” she groaned as she rubbed her arm. “I did no such thing. It was probably another dumb dream I had” he mentioned, brushing it off to the best of his ability.

There was an awkward silence as they both remembered last night. “I’m going to make breakfast” she stammered before ushering out of the room. Namjoon cocked his head back, he can feel the awkward tension in the air and he still couldn’t believe he did that to her.

He rubbed his face as he laid back into bed.

Mimi began chopping vegetables, trying to take her mind off her rapidly beating heart. She was trying to do everything possible to completely rid these feelings that have been trying to invade her heart.

“Mimi”

She flinched as she turned around, knife still in hand. Namjoon was leaning against the kitchen wall, hand twiddling around like a nervous habit.

“Yeah?”

His eyes focused on the knife in her hand.

She looked down, “Oops. I’m sorry. Yeah?” she panicked and tossed the knife on the counter behind her. There was still awkward tension in the air and the atmosphere was kind of tense.

“What is it Namjoon?” she smiled, she could tell he was hesitating.

He walked slowly over to her and dropped to his knees. Mimi’s eyes widened and bent down next to him, baffled by his behavior. “What’s wrong? Huh? Get up” she muttered to him.

His eyes never left the ground.

Mimi grabbed his face and forced him to look at her, “Namjoon, what is the matter? Tell me. I can’t help you if you don’t talk to me”

His eyes beamed into hers and for a moment her ears burned in embarrassment. His eyes, almost puppy like. The best way she could describe the look she got from him was when Maki would accidently potty in the house and she wanted to be forgiven.

“You once told me that if you do something wrong, you must bow in apology” He muttered. Mimi blinked at him, surprised that he held onto that comment. He bowed his head deeply.

She was a little frozen on the outside, but on the inside she was screaming “Bow down to the queeeeeen~”

“Are you going to take me back to Jongkook?” he said suddenly.

Mimi blinked. That question came out of nowhere.

“Why would I send you back to him?”

“You know”

Mimi sighed a bit and bent down so she could sit on the floor. “Look. I will completely forget about what happened last night. I could blame it on the alcohol, I could blame it on the fact that I wasn’t touching you, or I could blame your mind for bringing back memories. The fact that you stopped and didn’t continue proves that you knew what you were doing was wrong.”

 

She put her hand on the top of his head and pet his hair, “You keep beating yourself up. Please stop. It makes me sad. I promised you that the guilt, sadness, and pain feeling would go away; and it will. I’m sorry I keep making you sad. I don’t mean to. You haven’t experienced this before and you don’t know what to do. It’s new. I meant it when I told you that I will never send you back to that ”.

She grabbed him by his chin and tilted his head up so she could look him in the eye, “You’re stuck to me like glue. Understand?”

Namjoon stared at her. His hand reached down to his heart and he gripped it. His face scrunched up and he let out a small groan.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know. My heart hurt for a moment”

“Was what I said that touching?” Mimi smirked. Namjoon pushed her back a bit, “Oh off” he smiled, exposing his dimples one more time. Mimi stared at him and grabbed his face again. “There they are” she grinned as she examined those deep cheek indents that blessed his face. It was like she had found a fairy, she was so happy.

Namjoon tried to get his face away from her hands, but she was so firm and held his chin with her hand, staring intensely at his cheeks.

Time stopped for a second when Mimi’s eyes left his dimples and down to his lips. She gulped a bit, cheeks burning and quickly stood up and went back to making breakfast. Namjoon sat there on the floor, puzzled what had just happened.

“I’ll go” he said loudly enough for her to hear in the kitchen. He rose from the floor and went next to her side. “Go where?” Mimi replied, eyes focused on the vegetables that she was cutting.

“I will go to the Temple, if that will help me…. be less of a monster” he stammered. Mimi put down her knife and looked at him with such glee in her eyes and face. Her smile radiated her face at the thought.

“Do you really mean it?” she shrieked.

Namjoon flinched at her sudden change in pitch. “Yeah. I’ll go.” he said again. Mimi smiled brightly at him again and returned to her cooking, chopping the vegetables faster than she was before.

Namjoon sat down at the table and waited as he watched Mimi hum and dance around the kitchen happily.



 

In the car, Mimi is humming to herself as she makes her way to the Temple. “Why are you so happy about me going?” he asked, staring out the window.

“Well, I’m not sure. It could be because you’re doing your own self-healing or it could be because I can show you where I grew up” she chuckled, wiggling around in her seat. “Stop dancing, it’s dangerous” Namjoon grabbed onto his seat belt.

“I’m happy. I can’t help it”

“Obviously”

The two pulled into the parking lot of the Temple. Mimi and Namjoon got out of the car, but she tugged on his arm and pulled him back before they got closer to the entrance. Nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter