Chapter Eleven:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 When she woke up the next morning, she was surprised to hear the tv still blasting. Feeling annoyed that Namjoon couldn’t even turn off the tv from last night, she went downstairs to do it herself to find Namjoon’s head bobbing, forcing himself to stay awake.

 “Why are you awake?”

“I never slept”

“Why”

 Namjoon gave her a look that indicated her thoughts. She scrunched her face, “Aish. I thought your night terrors would have been gone by now. Why didn’t you tell me?” she complained as she rubbed her temples.

 Namjoon gave her another annoyed face, “Just sit down and let me sleep for a few hours”. “Oh no no~ You can’t sleep too long or else you won’t go to bed tonight”.

 “Just let me sleep god damn it! I’ll sleep tonight, don’t ing worry. ” he groaned as he turned over on the couch and closed his eyes. Mimi rolled her eyes at the cranky guy and sat down on the couch and flipped through the channels.

 It seemed like only ten minutes had passed by until the doorbell rang. Mimi turned her head confused who would be here so early in the morning.

 She got off the couch and opened the door to find a delivery man with a vase of flowers. “Are you Minyoung?” he asked, as he looked at a card that held her information. “Yes” she smiled.

 The man handed her the flowers and left. Mimi looked through the flowers for a name tag of who sent them but was unable to locate it. “Hmm” she hummed before taking them inside and placing them on the kitchen counter.

 She smiled as she smelled them, they were heavenly.

 “They’re probably poisonous.” she heard from behind her. Namjoon startled her from behind, dark circles encasing his eyes making his appearance almost zombie-like.

 “Oh be quiet. They’re nice!” she barked at him, he always had to ruin the mood. He shrugged, “It was just a suggestion”.

 “I wish I knew who sent them so I could thank them” she frowned as she cut the stems off the flowers and placed them in a vase. “You don’t know?” he questioned back.

 “The only person I can think of is Jin” she smiled, “But I don’t know why he would send them when it’s not my birthday”

 “Why would he?”

 “Because he is nice”

 “Whatever! Hurry up, I’m exhausted” he whined and went back downstairs.

Mimi sat by Namjoon’s side, her hand entangled in his hair while he slept for a couple hours, while he slept- she watched television. About four hours later, Namjoon stirred in his sleep and finally woke up. “Morning” she smiled down at him.

 The boy ignored her and rolled over on the couch so that he could bury his face in the cushions. “Oh no no~ If you sleep more, you won’t go to bed tonight” she lectured him, like a mom.

 “Bull” he hissed, still not moving from his spot.

 “No~ Come on, get up” she nudged him.

 “Leave me alone!”

 “I’ll annoy you until you get up”

 “I’ll murder you”

 “You always say that, but I’m still here”

 She ended up getting annoyed by him not getting up, so the next best thing she could possibly do is sit on him. He let out a grunt when she put all her weight on him.

 “Get off of me fatty!” he hollered loudly.

 “I’m not fat…. Am I?” she asked looking down at her stomach.

 “You are!” he spat and kicked her off the couch. Mimi landed on her and shot right back up and jumped on him again. Namjoon grew irritated and the two ended up fighting on the couch and rolled off the couch and crashed onto the floor.

 Mimi groans as she landed on her elbow, her shirt slipping off her shoulder a bit. Namjoon caught a glimpse at her skin. It was the first time seeing her skin that was so scarred from fights. The knife wound from when he stabbed her and the pipe burn. His eyes gravitated towards her wrists, that were still slightly raw from the third degree burns, and her still bruised and swollen nose.

 He had finally seen what he had done to her and the guilt hit him harder than anything before.

 Mimi sat up and rubbed her elbow, “You jerk. Why did you pull me down so hard?” she barked and turned her head to look behind her, only to see Namjoon’s face, tears rolling down his cheek and nose slightly red.

 “Oh no~ Are you alright Namjoon? Did you hurt yourself? Did I hurt you?” she blabbered on and she scanned his body for any injuries that may have occurred from falling.

 “Why ask if I am alright when you’re not….” he muttered.

 She blinked at his question, unsure of what he meant. “I’m alright. My elbow is a little sore, but it’ll go away in a few minutes. You look more unwell. Why are you crying?” she asked, wiping his tears away with the back of her hand in the process.

 “I don’t know. It’s bull. I’m not weak, so I don’t know why seeing your injuries is making me cry. Men don’t cry!” he stated.

 “What injuries? Oh my shoulder?” she asked and pulled her shirt back into position so that he could no longer see it. “My shoulder is fine. As for you, it’s okay to cry. Men cry. It’s human nature to cry. It’s nothing to be ashamed of” she explained, trying to comfort him.

 He let out a long breath, trying to subdue the sadness that had dwelled inside him.

 “Are you feeling sadness because you hurt me?” she asked. “I don’t know what I’m feeling. I really hate this feeling, I hate it more than guilt.” he proclaimed.

 “These are just the bad emotions you are dealing with, I promise the best emotions will come to you soon- hopefully” she smiled. He rolled his eyes at her as he blinked away the last of the tears that brimmed his eyes.

 The doorbell rang again.

 “Who now?” she muttered. Helping herself off the ground and Namjoon as well, she made her way to the door again and to see the same delivery guy as before.

 “Delivery, again” he chuckled as he handed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter