Chapter Two:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mimi woke up an hour before her alarm had gone off to a disgusting smell. Maki had farted and her was facing Mimi’s face. Mimi shoved her face into her pillow. “You’re so disgusting, Maki” she moaned into her pillow, trying to use the pillow as an air filter.

 

Maki was still asleep, but Mimi couldn’t go back to sleep. Her mind was filled with curiosity about Namjoon. So to put her mind at ease since she couldn’t wait for later in the day to find out, she went to investigate. She puts on her rob and heads to the other room across the hall and turns on her computer. She turns on the lamp next to her and puts in her password into the computer system. She begins to look up anything she could about him and his gang on Naver.

 

“Mass murder group terrorizes the city by assassinating Korea’s president's bodyguards- failing to get to the president and fled before being caught” “Gang takes orphans and brutally trains them to become murderers. Are they truly killers or perhaps mentally ill?” “Gang member sets aflame woman, leaving her for dead” “God of Destruction, caught on video tape killing security guard for getting in the way”

 

‘What is wrong with this guy?’ she thought to herself.

 

Mimi leaned back in her chair and thought for a couple minutes about as she stared at her Masters degree in Psychology.

 

“If someone at a young age was taught that it was alright to kill someone, are they truly a murderer or is their mind wired the wrong way?” she said out loud thinking to herself, “If he is wired the wrong way, over time there could be a way to rewire this way of thinking? Is that possible? Ugh, I don’t know. It's too early for this” Mimi rubbed her face.

 

She pulled out a sticky note from her desk and wrote a reminder to call her mentor to ask about the question and taped it to the front of the computer screen.

 

She logged back off and went to start getting her morning started by dragging Maki out of bed and outside to use the bathroom. Another typical morning, she made herself some breakfast and prepared for the eventful day.

 

This day was going to be an adventure.

   

Gearing up at work, her other fellow officers are strapping on their vests and lacing up their shoes while she sat there in her regular clothes.

 

“Are you nervous, General?” Mimi asked to her superior who was in a daze like manner. “No. I’m thinking.” he replied. “About?” she replied back.

 

“A plan B if our plan falls through” he sighed before opening up his cigarette box and placing one in his mouth.

 

“You know, I was thinking the same thing this morning. I did some brainstorming and thought of a few ideas- just allow me to take care of everything” Mimi smiled as she patted her general officer on the back.

 

“If Mimi did some brainstorming than we practically got this in the bag” Seokjin hollered. “Right Ok Hyunjin? You’re gonna be alright!” Jungkook smiled.

 

The General raised his eyebrow, “Ok Hyunjin? I wasn’t aware we were on first name basis, first class officer Jeon Jungkook” he said in a strict voice as he took a drag of his cigarette.

 

Jungkook gulped before getting on his knees and raising his arms above his head, “I apologize General. I, Jeon Jungkook, first class officer, was out of place in the line of work. My deepest apologies, sir. I will discipline myself with 10 laps around the building as punishment when we come back from the mission!” he stated with such a textbook like manner.

 

“See to it that you do” he smirked before tossing out his cigarette.

 

Seokjin smacked Jungkook in the back of the head before walking away shaking his head like a disapproving father.

 

“I’ll run with you, Jungkook” Mimi smiled as she place a hand on his shoulder and headed to her desk to pick up a few items.

 

“GENERAL!” a woman shouted from the corridor, panting. “Chaerin, what is it?” Ok Hyunjin asked.

 

“They arrived earlier than expected. We need to move!” she panted, sweat forming on her forehead from running down the stairs from the top floor.

 

“!” he cursed, “LET’S GO!” he shouted shortly after.

 

The squad had packed up and taken off into the squad cars to Hongdae. Sirens went off and the cars on the street tried their best to get out of the way as they passed. The group was fixing any needed things before the squad car stopped and they hopped out and stormed the streets of Hongdae, but the one thing that was different about them was that Mimi had told them that they would blend better if they were in regular clothing.

 

The protesters who were originally there had become aware of the high alert the police were in and started to pack up their things to quickly leave; not wanting to be arrested for their illegal protest.

 

The officers scoured the streets and hid, making mental note of anyone they believe was apart of the gang. Seokjin and another high ranking officer accompanied the General, making sure that he was absolutely safe and well protected.

 

Mimi took cover inside of a store, pretending to be a bystander who wanted a cup of tea. She kept an eye out in the streets- especially for Namjoon.

     

The gang had taken spots in Hongdae, also hidden amongst the crowd. The only difference is that they wore a face mask to cover their mouths, to hide their identity a bit more without blocking their view.

 

“I’m going to find the General. I’m sure he is heavily guarded somewhere around here. I know they arrived, I received word that their van was spotted close by.” he muttered through his teeth as his eyes scanned through the crowd like a hawk.

 

“Namjoon and I will search through the streets looking for that one chick!” Yoongi suggested. Namjoon rose his eyebrow at him. Both had completely two different agendas, but it was just a matter of time of who was going to prevail first.

 

“Good. Get a move on it” the boss flicked his wrist before he walked off down an alleyway.

 

Namjoon and Yoongi made their way through the alleyways of Hongdae, avoiding any potential people who were packing anything that seemed like police equipment.

 

“Let’s sit in there!” Yoongi motioned to a shop close by to sit and watch. Namjoon was unpleased about just sitting and waiting, followed orders. Mimi locked eyes onto Namjoon immediately when he stepped through the doors.

 

None of them realizing who she was.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter