Chapter Fifteen

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Mimi leaned up and kissed Namjoon.

 

He was stunned about what just happened. He didn’t know how to react, this was the first time something like this had happened to him, nor did he think Mimi would do that type of thing. He couldn’t move. If he moved back, would he offend her? This is something he saw in the movies he had been watching. This wasn't something he was prepared for.

 Mimi pulled back, completely embarrassed at Namjoon’s lack of interest and movement. She apologizes and laid under the covers first, facing away from Namjoon who was still staring at her, stunned.

 “Mimi”

 “It was an accident. It won’t happen again. Good night” she muttered lowly and shut her eyes real tight and prayed that what she did was all a dream. It had to be a dream, because she wouldn't dare do something so reckless. But she did, it wasn't a dream.

 

 

 The following morning, Mimi left the bed first. The best way to cope with her sudden burst of confidence is to act like it never happened. That was how she was dealing with it, and it worked for her. At least that was her logic, but it ended up turning into be a 'Let's avoid Namjoon until I sort out my feelings' type of cope.

 She sat in her office, staring at her report that she hadn't worked on in weeks.

 I kissed him. Minyoung, what are you doing? You kissed a guy who is gonna spend many years in jail. You kissed a murderer. What are you thinking? Your feelings got in the way and now you’re stuck. My feelings should never have gotten in the way with work.  How could I do this? I can no longer stay biased in this investigation. You ruined everything, Mimi. Good job, stupid.

 Mimi snapped out of thought when she heard the downstairs shower had . She tilted back in her chair and let out a loud breath. How is she going to explain this to him? This man doesn’t even have the slightest idea how to love or even feel affection yet and yet she showed him the purest form of it. What's worse is that she is a cop and he is a criminal, this is such a Tom and Jerry moment.

Her phone buzzed, it was Jungkook.

"Hello my golden Maknae" she cooed as she twisted around in her chair. Jungkook made a small chuckle on the other end of the line, "Noona, I was wondering about something" he muttered. She leaned back in her chair, fully paying attention to what his question was.

"I was talking to the other squad members, especially Jin and Chaerin, do you have feelings for the murderer?"

Can he read my mind?

"WHAT?!" Mimi shouted, almosting knocking herself backwards out of the chair. "Dude what? No! What makes you think that?" she stammered incoherently, "And since when did my teammates decide to talk behind my back?"

"We're not saying mean things, we're just discussing the investigation. Obviously we got Hoseok and he has let us in on some information bit by bit. He was saying something about you being protective over the killer. We wanted to personally talk to you because, obviously, any romance is forbidden during this time"

Mimi's head slumped down, "I'm no idiot Jungkook. I just feel responsible for him now. That is all" she lied. "That's what we thought. Anyways, we just called to also say 'hi' and all that mushy gushy stuff. We miss you down here, the headquarters are getting hectic since the court hearing is next week. I heard Jongkook is going to be there to testify"

"WHY WOULD THAT BASTARD TESTIFY OVER SOMETHING HE HAS NO PART OF?" Mimi hollered loudly into the mic of the phone.

"OW, MY EAR!! I only have two of those, Mimi! Commander said something that he felt responsible for making sure justice is served and felt obligated to lend a hand since Namjoon was in his care at once point. He wants to make a few statements to 'persuade' the judge. If you ask me, he is gonna pull out the execution card. I know that for a fact!"

Mimi rubbed her temple, the investigation was getting messy.

"Alright" she sighed, "Thank you for letting me know. I better go back and redo my testimony. Things need to be perfect now" she sighed once more before hanging up the phone, not even giving Jungkook a moment to even give his farewell.

"GOD DAMN IT KIM JONGKOOK, YOU ING HEAD" Mimi cursed as her hands yanked on her hair in frustration. She stared at the computer screen for a while and then got back to work until she was ready to face Namjoon, not to mention cool off.

 

 

 The rest of the day after she spent three hours editing her statement, Mimi acted like nothing had happened when she was around him. Namjoon ignored it as well. She said it was an accident, so he will accept it as an accident.

 “Any particular reason why you’re watching ‘The Notebook’?” Mimi cocked her eyebrow when she entered the livingroom. Namjoon was still pressed up on the couch, eyes focused on the movie.

 “I’m assuming this is a chick movie, but the storyline pisses me the hell off. Both are so wishy washy. I heard it had good reviews, but I don’t think so” he muttered.

 “I want to get out of the house for a while. Come with me. I’ll treat you out to lunch” She suggested. He turned his head at her, “Isn’t it always your treat since I don’t have a nickel to my name?”.

 She rolled her eyes at his smart comment.

 “I will let you finish your movie, smart . Come get me when you’re done. I’ll be in my study” she stated, turning on her heels and making her way to the third floor.

 Namjoon went back to watching the movie, analyzing every bit of it. Although saying he wasn't thrilled with it, he still continued to watch it.

 

An hour had passed and Mimi was finishing up her report with her mentor on the ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter