Chapter Ten:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mimi had very minimal sleep during the night, she was worried about Namjoon’s fever that she would constantly get up to change the towel on his forehead. She would sleep a little bit and would wake up when he would start to move around. She would hold onto his hand or touch his face to allow him to relax again.

When morning approached and he started to stir awake, Mimi felt his face one more time to finally determine that his fever had gone away.

His eyes opened and he blinked a bit as he stared at the ceiling trying to figure out where he was.

“Good morning” Mimi smiled when he turned his head to look at her. His eyes focused on her, trying to figure out if she was real. “I’m back?” he muttered. She nodded, “Yeah. You’re back for good.”

He turned his head back to face the ceiling before fully sitting up in bed. His stomach hurt from being kicked by Jongkook the day before, but also because he was starving.

“Let’s go get you washed up and as you’re showering, I will make you a tasty meal. Okay?” she hummed as she crawled off the bed and walked around to his side of the bed and pulled him out.

His feet collapsed a bit, but her small body held him up.

“Perhaps I should help wash you” she muttered. Namjoon looked displeased about that. “I’m not a child, I can wash myself” he said deeply. Mimi chuckled, “You can’t even stand properly. You could barely walk out of the police building yesterday. Come on, you can keep your boxers on.” she said and started to pull him out the room and into the bathroom next door.

“Strip and I will get you a fresh set of clothes” she stated as she walked back into his room and retrieved the clothes. She came back and Namjoon was still clothed.

“Yah! Undress!” she ordered.

“Leave”

“You embarrassed?” she smirked.

Namjoon didn’t say anything but Mimi knew that Namjoon didn’t want her to see his body. “Just keep your boxers on!” she stated and started to unbotton his shirt. His hands grabbed hers harshly.

“I can do it”.

She let go and he slowly started to undress. She turned her back to him and began to run the shower so that it wasn’t too hot or too cold for him and grabbed a stool for him to sit on.

When she turned around, he was already undressed but she could tell how uncomfortable he felt by his stance. “Come on in, don’t worry about covering anything up. I’m an adult, what you have I haven’t seen before” she chuckled as she pulled him into the shower.

She placed some soap onto a rag and began to gently rub it onto his bruised body. His face tensed up at certain places where his injuries were more severe.

“I have ointment for your poor face. Even beaten up you’re still handsome” she smiled and Namjoon turned his gaze to another part of the bathroom. Her compliments made him feel awkward.

“I’ll leave you to wash your hair and other body parts. I will start making food. Just call me when you are done” she smiled as she stood up and walked out the bathroom. When she was out of Namjoons sight, she bit down onto her bottom lip to prevent herself from crying.

His body was black and blue from Jongkook and it was all her fault. The guilt was eating her alive from the inside and she knows Namjoon hates her guts for it.

Mimi began to make food while Namjoon was showering.

Namjoon sat on the bench as the water burned on his skin. It felt nice to be clean but everything felt so surreal. He turned off the water and weakly stood up to wrap a towel around his waist. He didn’t call out for Mimi because he felt like it was a waste of time when he could do it himself.

He changed into fresh clothes and used his towel to slightly dry his hair before he went up the stairs to get food before he died of hunger. He could smell meat radiate around the house and the thought of it made him salivate.

“I told you to wait” Mimi said when she turned around and saw him. Namjoon looked at her and went to sit down at the table, ignoring her comment.

Mimi sighed slightly before returning to finish the last touches of the side dishes before she placed them down on the table along with fresh bowls of rice. Mimi began to serve Namjoon when he grabs the tongs from her hands so that he could do it by himself.

“Why are you acting like this?” she asked, staring at him until he looked up at her. His eyes were dark, he was angry with her.

“ off” he spat.

“Are you that upset that I abandoned you…. Like your mom?” she pulled on his heartstrings. He slammed his fist on the table to get her to shut . “You know it’s true. Your mom abandoned you and now you hate me too because I did the exact same thing”.

“Shut up!” he barked.

“I abandoned you for my own selfish reasons, but I came back. I realized my mistakes, so don’t shut me out when I am trying to make things right again” she hollered.

“I told you to shut up!” he hollered and without realizing it, threw his arm upwards and broke her nose and his body followed her. Mimi fell backwards and let out a loud howl at the pain. Her nose dripped with blood and tears fell down her face at the pain. She deserved it though for talking about his mom. She purposely did it.

His body was draped over hers, fist in the air. “Hit me harder… I deserve it” she gritted her teeth.

“Just stop talking!” his hands wrapped around , squeezing the air out of her lungs. She chokes for air, gasping. “Beg for forgiveness!” he said darkly as his hands wrapped tighter around her neck.

Mimi kept quiet. “I said beg” he hissed. She refused to beg for forgiveness and eventually Namjoon let go once he saw her face turning blue from lack of oxygen.

“I ing hate you so much. You cause my heart to hurt so bad to the point that I wish you were ing dead” he cursed as he sat next to her.

“Kill me then if it will make you feel better” she whispered, eyes fixated at the ceiling.

“I would, but your face prevents me from doing so. When I get the chance, I will get someone to do it for me.” he gritted his teeth.

“I’m sorry” she whimpered as she used her arm to shield her eyes from him so she could shed hidden tears. Namjoon turned his head away from her, “I’m thankful though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter