Chapter Six:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following four weeks had continued to be the same. It was short answers from him and constant push and pull from Mimi. She had to think of more ways to get him up to open up because nothing seemed to be working. She had to think of ways and incentives that would make him open up or put him in situations that would make him express himself more.

 

The only incentive she could think of was to release him completely from his handcuffs. It was a hassle to unlock them and relock them whenever he put on clothes or even using the bathroom, but it had only been a month since he was in her care and she couldn't get herself to reason that it was plenty of time for her to trust him completely, but it was a worth a shot.

 

Namjoon was eating breakfast like they normally did, but Mimi just stirred her food around.

 

“Eat your food or leave the table, the clinking of the chopsticks and plate is so annoying” he grumbled.

Mimi placed her chopsticks down quietly and crossed her hands together so she could rest her chin on them. “Let’s make a deal!” she smiled.

Namjoon didn’t look at her, he continued to place food into his mouth uninterested.

“Come with me and pretend to enjoy yourself and I’ll take your cuffs off permanently. I know how much you hate them” she persuaded, still having a smile on her face as if that would make him say yes.

He cocked his eyebrow and gave his attention fully towards her once she mentioned the handcuffs, “Deal.”

Mimi smiled happily and began to finish her meal, choked a bit, and continued to eat. Namjoon got up disgusted with her. “Out of all the people to take me in, I got the weirdest person on ing Earth!” he left the kitchen, absolutely done with the girls antics.

“I WAS SUPPOSE TO TAKE IN SOME BLOOD THIRSTY MURDERER, I WASN’T AWARE I WAS TAKING IN SUCH A WHINER!” she hollered back.

“Do you want me to kill you?” He retaliated.

“I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR IT FOR A MONTH NOW!” she teased back before shoveling her cold food into .



 

It was quite known that their relationship had turned into Tom And Jerry. Both knew it, and they accepted it. Over the course of the month that Namjoon had been living with her, she realized that as long as he was not around his gang members- he was not a monster. He was just naturally in a bad mood, and still secretive and quiet as ever.

Mimi had to do a lot of research in her Psych books, but it was when her mentor had mentioned children. “You know how Children only act upon their actions if their parents tell them to do something? It’s the same way. His leader is the “parent” so his actions follow after his order. If he didn't have any orders to follow, he had no reason to kill her- thus the reason why she hasn't been attacked yet.

If Mimi could rewire his brain from the child-parent concept then perhaps she could get him to open up to her as friends! That was her plan for today, to have fun so that he would start to chip away at the wall that he had built around himself.

Once she could break that wall down, she could truly see into who Namjoon really was.


 

The two had gotten ready and packed themselves into the car and took off down the street. “Can you guess where we are going?” she asked, making a left turn from the street they had just drove down.

“I could care less”

“JUST GUESS, GRUMPY!” she puffed out her cheeks.

“The park? I don’t ing know!” he stated back, annoyed.

“Nope. Guess again” she smiled.

He slammed his hand down on the dashboard, startling her. “I don’t really ing care where we are going. I just want these damn cuffs off! You told me if I went with you, they would be off” he barked.

“I will take them off when we arrive! Don’t worry and stop nagging!” she huffed growing annoyed by his constant bad temper. "Don't do that again, the airbag might deploy and it will be really painful for you"

“I really want to grab the wheel and cause a crash! That would be more painful” he glared at her.

“You’ll be the one buying me a new car and paying for the medical bills…. And adding more time on your prison sentence for public endangerment!” she warned him. She figured he wouldn’t do anything like that because it could cause him harm as well- but she didn’t really know with him sometimes. Is it capable of putting himself in danger like that?

“Just shut up and drive!”

“Oh! You’re a fan of Rihanna?”

“Who?”

“Nevermind”


 

The two had finally reached their destination. Namjoon sunk into his seat annoyed. The least place he wanted to visit was the mall. He hated wasting time trying on clothes, seeing people, carrying clothes. It was a waste of his time.

 

Mimi turned in her seat, “We had a deal, remember? You pretend to have a good time and I’ll take these off” she said grabbing onto his handcuffs and shaking them. He pulled his hands away from her, “Then take them off! Damn!”

 

She reached into her pocket and took out the key and unlocked his cuffs; placing them in her pocket for emergency cases. Namjoon rubbed his wrists together, feeling free. “Don’t try any funny business. I don’t want to have to embarrass you in front of hundreds of people!” she smiled.

 

“The only thing that is embarrassing is that my P.O looks like a damn child!” he said glaring around at the people walking through the parking lot through the window.

“Hey! Don’t hate because I look like I’m 16 and you look like you’re 40!” she snickered. Namjoon grabbed her shirt, “You want me to make you look a bit older?”. She grabbed his arms, “You want me to kiss you?” Namjoon scooted back, “What the ?”

She laughed and opened up the car door, “Come on!  It’s probably going to rain and if my hair gets wet, you’re blow drying it!”.

The two walked into the mall, it was busy and that already put Namjoon in a bad mood. Mimi could tell when he started to tense up, so she linked arms with him and pulled him along. He tried to pull his arm back, but she clung to it and continued to pull him into a men’s suit store.

 

“Hi Welcome, What can I do for you?” asked a young pretty lady in a tight pencil skirt. Mimi smiled happily and pat Namjoon on the side, “He needs some dress shirts and dress pants.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes, and let out a breath of annoyance.

“Yes ma’am. I will get a measuring tape and I will get his size, if he could remov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter