Chapter Nineteen

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The following day, Namjoon paced around the hospital corridors, waiting for the nurse to come out to help direct them to Mimi's room. Jin had gotten a call earlier that morning saying that they think Mimi was waking up and if she did, they needed to be there to sign paperwork for her.

He wanted to see her so bad, his palms were twitching in anticipation. “You need to calm down and take a moment to yourself” Jin mentioned, it was giving him a headache watching Namjoon act crazy like this. He didn't particularly like Namjoon, but anything was better than watching him pace.

“I can't. My heart is racing so fast and I feel so nervous for some reason. I feel so anxious" Namjoon mentioned as he used his hand and clenched his heart. "Anxiety. It’s normal" Jin yawned, still exhausted since the nurse who called earlier had woken him up.

"Not for me, it isn’t" Namjoon breathed out, "I feel like I'm going to vomit". He looked out the window of the hospital until the nurse finally came out to get them and show them the room. “I’m gonna go buy drinks real quick” Jin hummed and left, purposely giving Namjoon some alone time with Mimi first.

Namjoon laid eyes on Mimi who was hooked so many tubes and machines. The sound of the breathing machine was the only sound in the room besides her heart monitor that remained at a steady beat. The scent of bleach filled his nose that it stung.

Namjoon pulled over a chair and sat right next to her bed and stared at her bruised and broken face. "I ruined that doll-like face of yours" he said lowly, "Mimi. I am so sorry". He began to weep into the palm of her hand. He didn't know why he was acting like this. Mimi wasn't around to even explain to him why there was a sudden lump in his chest, why there was always a constant sadness whenever he looked at her, why the tears never stopped flowing, why did he have an overwhelming amount of guilt.

 His heart felt so heavy and it ached so bad every time he thought about her and what had happened. It felt like guilt, but multiplied by ten. His body shook and his trembling hand squeezed onto hers.

 Jin waited outside until Namjoon composed himself and then came into the room with some juice in hand. That is why he left in the first place, so Namjoon could let everything out without feeling embarrassed. 

 “It's not your fault that she is like this. Don't beat yourself up over this” Jin sighed, as he pulled a chair up next to him. "I should have protected her." Namjoon stared at her face, eyes never leaving her face.

 "You did the best you could"

"My best wasn't my best"

 "She's done so much for you. I've never seen her so passionate towards someone that she is willing to die protecting them; actually no, she would die for anyone. What she did for you, is not your fault" Jin rocked in his chair. "She is such a stupid girl" Namjoon put his head down.

"But you care for her" Jin threw off Namjoon with that statement.

"I...... can’t explain what I feel for her"

"You will some day" Jin stood up and looked around the room, "You know, I don’t know what she sees in you. Obviously she likes you, reasons unknown to me. She knows feelings in a trial like this will get her kicked off the investigation- but she is still trying to prove your innocence. Her judgement has never failed her, so I will trust her to you. Take care of her"

"What about you?" Namjoon stared at Jin’s back, "Obviously there is something you feel too"

"Minyoung and I.... I will always love her. She saw me as a brother and I wanted to make her mine, but she.." Jin began to snicker to himself.

"What?"

"She has poor judgement on guys" he turned his head back to look at Namjoon. Namjoon smiled at Jin’s comment. "Aw. I see why she likes you now. Personality wise, I’m not sure. Physically- Your dimples"

 "What’s so great about them?" he questioned, holding onto his cheek. "Her father had dimples" Jin replied.

 Namjoon's face scrunches up as he recalled the last two times she fangirled over his dimples. It didn’t click until Jin had mentioned it. He should have known that she had a reason for her obsession over his dimples.

 "I don't know why she invested so much time into me. She is so stupid for protecting me. I could have been in her place, I should have." Namjoon held onto her hand again.

"That's just the type of person she is"

"I know that all too well"

 

There was a moment of silence before Jin sighed and stood up, "It was nice talking to you, but I have a job and gotta go. Do you want to stay or do you wanna head back to the station with me?" Jin fumbled through his pocket for his car keys.

"I want to stay with her"

"I’ll pick you up at 8pm after my shift then"

"I want to stay with her all night"

"Then I will go get your clothes from Mimi’s"

"Thanks"

“The other officers will be dropping by periodically through the next few days. The commander will probably be down- he might be rude to you considering who you are, so be nice unless you want to sit in a jail cell until Mimi wakes up and is recovered. Even then, he may assign someone to you instead of Mimi while she recovers”.

“Got it”

 Namjoon stayed by her side the entire night, holding onto her hand and praying for the first time that everything would go well for her. He wanted her to wake up so bad. He wanted to see those big eyes of hers, looking at him once more.

 If she died, he would never forgive himself.

  

The next morning, Namjoon was resting next to her in bed. He knew that he shouldn’t be next to her in case something happened, but he wanted to hold her like she did for him. He wanted to make sure she would be okay, that if anything happened, she would die by his side.

Mimi’s heart monitor began to pick up pace quickly and she twitched a bit in the process as the monitor continued to rapidly beat. He opened his eyes and quickly pressed the emergency button that was connected to her bed and the nurses came in quickly a few seconds later.

They came in and began to quickly assess the situation and then she stopped moving and the heart monitor went back to normal. They talked amongst themselves, “You should get the doctor” one of the nurses said, and the other walked out.

“What the hell just happened?” Namjoon asked, standing up and making his way to the nurse a little angry that no one was telling him anything. “When the doctor comes, he will let you know” she bowed and left the room. Namjoon returned to her side and held onto her hand.

“You’ll be okay” he muttered softly as he played with her fingers to help calm his nerves. The doctor soon appeared through the door and greeted him, “Hello”.

Namjoon blinked and greeted him back.

The doctor pressed down onto Mimi’s stomach and began to take a flashlight and opened her eyes to view her pupils. He nodded to himself and wrote some things down on the whiteboard for the nurses.

“Can you explain to me what just happened with her? Was she having a seizure? Explain!” Namjoon freaked, eyes never leaving Mimi’s face, "In the most basic non-doctor terms, please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter