Chapter Nine:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mimi was finishing up her praying after staying at the Temple for a little over two weeks. She had felt extremely better and finally accepted that Maki was resting in peace with her family. Her heart felt as ease, and it made her slightly happy that Maki can be reunited with her family.

As she made her way down the Temple halls, she stopped into a common room to say goodbye to Monk Gyeop and Nun Yuk and the other Holy people who resided inside the Temple.

“Are you leaving?” Nun Yuk asked placing down her teacup. “Yes! I have found the enlightenment that I needed. I sincerely thank you for allowing me back into the Temple during this time. I promise I will return soon to visit” she bowed deeply, expressing her graditute towards them.

“Take care of yourself. The Temple is always welcome to you, Minyoung” Monk Gyeop bowed back.

Mimi left the Temple with a smile on her face and drove herself back to work. She greeted everyone with her normal smile and decided that it would be better for everyone if she didn't dwell any longer and returned to her old self.

Jin and Jungkook approached her and took her into a big hug. “Welcome back, Mimi” they smiled and soon other squad members joined in the group hug, squishing Mimi's small body between theirs.

“I am sorry for worrying everyone. I was just in a very bad place, I promise it won’t ever happen again.” she pouted. “And thank you Jin, you gave me a reality check and I went back to the Temple and found enlightenment. Thank you” She bowed.

Jin nudged her, “Captain, don’t bow to me!”

“I’m not bowing to you as a Captain, I’m bowing to you as a friend who was in need.”

The General stepped out of his office, “Mimi, please come inside” he hacked on his cigar. Mimi followed behind him and sat down in the seat across from his desk. She was unsure what her General wanted, hopefully not to scold her or suggest she place in a two week notice.

“Did you get the help you needed?”

“Yes sir! Everything is all better now. I promise it won't ever happen again.”

“ happens, I understand. What is the progress on Kim Namjoon?”

“While in my care, he had a 30% increase in behavior. During his stay, he learned how to feel guilt, he showed emotion of caring in a way, he apologized for the first time in his life, and he realized when he makes mistakes. He was doing extremely well.”

“Everything you state sound like something a kid would learn at the age of 6”

“Correct sir, after he goes to bed, I’ve been receiving tips from my mentor back at my old university on his progress. Namjoon is starting at a child level sense of emotion. He hasn’t experienced anything like this, thus he is learning little by little. I’ve been putting him in scenario’s that make him think a bit. That’s why he hasn’t fled from my care since that one time nor seriously physically harmed me purposely yet”

 

“What are those burns on your arms from then?”

“This wasn’t intentional harm, it was an accident caused by both of us.”

“If you are so passionate about this project, why did you give him over to Kim Jongkook? I thought you despised him for the last time-”

“Let’s not talk about that sir" she cut him off, "Yes, I think he is a complete nutjob who can’t control himself, but perhaps he is more fit to be taking care of Namjoon. I’ve been using kindness to lure himself into telling me information about his past, but perhaps roughing him up a bit will be more effective since my method isn't working.” she twiddled her thumbs, still unsure about everything.

“It is your project, so you make the decision. You do know the commander position is no longer valid now?” he reminded her and discarded his cigar in an ashtray on his desk.

“I know, sir” she sighed.

“If that is all, please give Jongkook your paperwork for Namjoon by the end of the day.”

“Yes sir, I’ll go now”


She arrived at the Unit 16, the investigation unit to find Jongkook. After going through security and up a few levels, she began searching around the building and finally coming to the conclusion that perhaps he was not here at the moment.

“Excuse me, is Commander Jongkook here?” she asked a passing guard. The guard looked around a bit, “I think he is in the investigation room working on that famous gang murderer” he nodded in the direction of the room.

Mimi thanked the guard and started walking down the halls, she didn’t want to have to face Namjoon after all this time, but she had to deliver these papers and that would be the end of their journey once and for all.

Mimi knocked on the door, and before she could even process anything she just heard a loud smack from the other side and a grunt.

Mimi opened the door and found Jongkook over by Namjoon’s side in a threatening stance, Namjoon spitting out blood that was flowing from out his nose to his mouth.

 

Jongkook met eyes with Mimi and gave her a smile. “Welcome Minyoung”. Her face grew sour, she hated whenever he used her full name. She hated him talking to her in general. Anything he said made her skin crawl.

“I came to give you the papers” she said gritting her teeth and clutching the files in her hand. “Wonderful!” he stated as he walked towards her. Mimi’s eyes gravitated in the direction of Namjoon’s and her heart dropped into her stomach.

The person sitting in that chair was no longer the person she once knew. He was starved and skinny, black eyes, bruised face, broken nose, lethargic with empty eyes, he was defeated.

She let out a gasp of agony and pushed herself past Jongkook and next to Namjoon’s side. He could barely lift his head to look at her, his breathing heavy.

 

“What did you do to him!?” she shrieked as she snapped her head back in Jongkooks direction. "I did what I had to.” he said in a tone that was so nonchalant that made Mimi sick to her stomach. Her hands clenched with anger.

“This is absolutely SICK! What kind of monster are you?! He isn’t even himself anymore!!” she said grabbed onto Namjoon’s head and laid it against her stomach, “How dare you treat anyone like this!” she spat, tears b her eyes.

Jongkook scoffed, “HA! How dare I? It’s part of my job to get information out of people like him! Normally people crack within a few days, but he is very persistent! Not my fault he won’t open his mouth.”

Mimi clenched her fist with such anger. “I’m taking him out of your care!” she growled. He laughed, “Well well! Taking back what you abandoned because of guilt. How sad Minyoung!”

“It’s Mimi to you! Keep my name out your mouth! You freaking sadist!”

“What is the point in taking him back? You won’t be able to save someone like him. He will be executed and you know it, and you know for a fact that he deserves everything I did to him”

“No one deserves this! Why does everything have to be so ing violent with you!”

“YOU’RE WEAK AND THATS WHY YOU CAN'T STAND IT! That is why I am stationed in this facility! I don’t know who you think you’re talking to Captain Minyoung- did you forget that I am your commanding officer!”

Mimi let out a laugh, “Commanding Officer?! You are not a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter