Prologue

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Give me your hand, please” Mimi said softly as she extended her hand to the small girl who was trapped in a small cramped cage, hostage. The small girl grabbed her hand through the bars and let out a few sniffles. Mimi got down on one knee and stared at the girl with loving eyes, “I will get you out, okay?” she smiled, trying her best to reassure her safety.

 

The little girl was terrified and wasn’t sure if she could trust the older girl, especially not after being kidnapped. Mimi let go of the small hand and went to search for the who kidnapped her.

“What are you doing here?” a voice hollered as she locked eyes with a man who was wearing a key around his neck. “Are you the one who took her?” she knitted her eyebrows together.

“That’s none of your business. Who are you and how the did you get inside?” he hollered again, his stance a little more colder.

“I asked you, are you the one who took her?” she repeated again, not backing down.

The man got tired of waiting for her answer as he stormed over to attack the girl. Mimi curled her hand into a ball and jabbed the man hard in the center of his gut, which took the breath from his lungs. She kicked the back of his knee which made him fall down to his knee as she brought him to a solid chokehold.

“Now answer my question, are you the one who brought her here?” she gritted her teeth getting fed up with the man and putting a tighter grip on him.

“No!” he choked for air, “Dumb ”.

Mimi struck him hard on the back of the neck rendering him unconscious and taking the key from him. When she turned around, she jumped back as her shoulder was shredded by a sharp blade wielded by the person who had actually taken the little girl.

She cupped her shoulder as she glared at the man who had a disgustingly dirty look on his face.

“Looking for me?” he chuckled.  “Of course” she smirked, showing no signs of freight.

“How about I trade the child for you? You would do much better!” he said referring to the black market where he normally sold the kids to for trafficking.

“Alright. Let me set the girl free thought” she stared at him offering to make a deal with him. The man stared at her for a bit before agreeing and allowed the older girl access to the smaller one.

Mimi started to unlock the cage and helped the small girl out of it. She bent down to look at her in the eyes, “Stay here, okay? I will bring you to your mom soon!” she smiled trying to reassure her that the little girl had no more reason to be scared anymore.

“Look out” the girl shrieked.

Mimi extended her foot backwards and jammed her foot into the man's throat, whom immediately stopped all actions. Mimi dug her foot into the back of his knees, bringing him down to the floor and forced him inside the cage where the small girl was once held.

“You -” he began coughing.

“HEY! There is a child present. Watch your mouth. This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t try to attack me from behind like a coward. Your fault, not mine!” she lectured him as she took a phone out of her pocket to call her squad.

“Mission complete. Come remove him, now!” she ordered and shut the phone abruptly with a loud snap.

She picked up the small girl off the ground and cradled her, “Let’s go!” she h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter