Chapter Five:

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All Mimi did was make one phone call to her squad and armored police trucks and helicopters lit up her surrounding neighborhood searching for Namjoon while she sat down on her couch and waited for them to bring back the escapee. It wasn’t long before her squad came through the front door with Namjoon. Maki howled at the group before Jungkook stepped up and pet Maki whom began to wag her tail rapidly upon seeing the familiar face. “You are still kicking, you old girl” Jungkook chuckled.

 

“We found him hiding in an alleyway just down the street. Let's not make a habit of this. We will take our leave now Captain!” Seokjin announced. “It’s good to see you again Jin! Glad to see you recovered well. Thanks for bringing him back!” Mimi smiled.

Jin returned the smile and the squad left. Namjoon and Mimi stood there staring at each other. Mimi smiled, “Welcome back handsome. I warned you, didn’t I?” All he did was glare at her angrily and went back to his room for the night. Mimi smirked and sat in the living room and cuddled with Maki until she decided it was time for bed.

The two left for bed and it dawned on Mimi that perhaps Namjoon would escape again during the night, or move around so she made sure that she kept an ear out for him and make sure that her door was locked securely.

But he didn’t budge at all last night.


 

The following morning, Mimi woke up and took Maki out to the bathroom. While she waited, she went downstairs to get Namjoon. She knocked on the door and then opened it, Namjoon was still asleep.

She the bedroom light, thinking it would wake him up but he remained asleep.

She crept closer and nudged Namjoon, “Get up!”

Mimi leaned her face in closer to Namjoon’s and with the loudest scream she could possibly release, screamed his name. His eyes flew right open and his hand went straight to Mimi’s neck, but she was expecting him to do that- so she quickly grabbed his hand. She laughed loudly, “Sorry!”

His eyes looked around before laying up quickly in bed, “What the ”.

“I apologize, but you sleep like a rock! I nudged you and you didn’t move. I figured you were dead” she smiled. He rubbed his face, still half asleep. He was annoyed that he was still in the this house. He was irritated that he was found, but he had to find a new way to go about things.

“I’m going to make breakfast. If you don’t eat, you won’t eat for many hours! Make your own choice” she said before exiting the room, closing the door behind her. She went back upstairs to let Maki inside before she start preparing for breakfast. She was playing with Maki for a bit and cuddling with her on the kitchen floor.

“Do you want your pills? HUH! YOU WANT THEEEEEM?” Mimi mimicked in a childish way, the normal tone that every pet parent talks to their pet. A smirk appeared on her face watching Maki try to run and hide away.

“You can’t hide forever, Maki!” she stated before starting to prepare her wet breakfast meal and shoving the pill at the bottom of the dogfood.

When she turned around, Namjoon was standing by the wall across the room staring at her in a devilish way. Mimi jumped and clutched onto her chest, “Oh god. You scared the living daylights out of me!”.

Namjoon continued to stay silent as he quietly watched the girl from afar, observing her every move.

“Go sit down at the table or something, you are making me paranoid with you just watching me!”

“Why? Afraid I’ll murder you when you’re least expecting it?”

“Trust me, I’m not afraid of death. I’m paranoid about you judging me for my food skills!” she nagged. Namjoon rolled his eyes at her.

After wrapping some food items, she turned to him, “Are you eating this time? I want to know so I don’t waste food!”

Namjoon turned his head ignoring the small girl, it would have been a lot more convincing if his stomach hadn’t growled in that moment. Mimi giggled to herself as she prepared the meal for two. “I can only imagine you’re starving. I told you to eat last night, but noooooo” she continued to poke fun at him. Namjoon grew annoyed at her constant jokes towards him, he wanted to ring her neck to keep her silent.

Mimi looked down and noticed that Maki had not touched her food, “Maki~ food!” she called out, wondering where her dog ran off to. Normally she whines about the pill, but will come anyways to eat her food.

“I smell ” he spat.

Mimi turned to him, “I just took her outside. Aw man.” she whined as she turned the corner of the room and peered into the dining room. She stopped immediately. Maki had thrown up and was having diarrhea, and excessively drooling.

Tears trickled to Mimi’s eyes as she ran down to her dogs side and held onto her. “It’ll be okay Maki! It’ll be okay! Don’t worry!” she chanted over and over again. Maki was going through another seizure. The seizure picked up and Maki’s body began to clench up and she let out small whimpers.

Mimi rubbed her and tried to calm her down by telling her it was alright and that she was not in trouble for making a mess in the house. Tears trickled down her face, this was not uncommon for Maki, but it still pained Mimi to see her suffer like this.

After a while, the seizure had subsided and Maki was left lethargic and upset. Mimi laid her down on the side of the couch while she tried to finish everything up in the kitchen and clean up the dining room.

“Why don’t you just put her out of her misery?”

“I can’t… not yet. Seizures aren’t a legit excuse to put her down”

“It’s a damn dog”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter