Chapter 9- Market to Kitchen

Project: Experimental Love

It's been a week since their pilot episode and people received their program really well. Their pilot episode garnerned a massive  15% of the viewership.

"Hey oppa, have you heard about the standing of our show? They say our program really garnered a lot of viewers."

"Yeah, heard it. I think it's because I'm there that's why we got such high ratings."

"No! I think it's because of me. Maybe the viewers were curious how I'd be as a wife."

"Well, whatever the reason may be, I'm glad we're getting pretty good ratings. Mr. Lee is really happy."

"Yeah. I guess he is. So, where are we heading today?"

"Uhh, well they say we have to go the market, buy some stuff for our lunch and head on to our new location."

"Okay."

 

It took them about more than hour to arrive at the marketplace. There was traffic and the market was crowded.

"What's with all the people? Is it really this crowded on a regular basis?" Amber kept wondering why there were so many people.

"I dunno. Come on, let's go."

Apparently, the commotion was caused by their fans. They knew that the pair had to go to the market so they flooded in to see the two.

"Aigoo. Never knew we'll have so much fans in an instant oppa."

"I know. It surprises me too. Come on, we better hurry."

They bought several meat products and vegetables.

"Okay, so we are we supposed to go now? To the SHINee dorm?"

"Apparently, no. They said we should go check the GPS in our car."

 

The GPS didn't lead them back to any of their dorms. Instead into a  beautiful neighbor hood. 

 

 

"Wow, isn't this place similar to the place where you shot Hello Baby? Aigoo. It's so beautiful."

"Yeah, it is. What are we supposed to do here?"

 

There were posters of them inside and saw a greeting "Welcome to Your New Home!"

Both of their faces lit up.

"Omo. This is our new house? So cool." Key was really happy.

"I guess we have to cook now."

"But oppa, I don't know how to cook."

"It's okay. Just help me in the kitchen. Ppali!"

 

Their kitchen was pretty spacious.

"Aigoo, so what are we going to cook oppa?"

"Victoria noona's favorite."

"Samgyupsal?"

"Yeah. Please wash the meat already."

"Okay."

-------------

They were happily cooking with their hearts.

"Oppa, never knew cooking would be so much fun. But it would be better if I could cook actual dishes, not just those being fried or grilled."

"I could teach you next time."

"So, if this is our new house, does this mean this is now where we have to sleep and live for the next six months?"

"Well, So Man-nim did say we have to live together, so I suppose yeah."

 

They ate happily. Nothing is more heartwarming than eating what you cooked.

"Oppa, the way you marinated the meat is really good. So delicious!"

"I'm glad you like it. Hey, why don't we check out our rooms."

"Yeah, good idea. All that food is making me sleepy."

"Aish, why are you such a sleepyhead."

"I'm so not a sleepyhead! (merong)"

 

The staff directed them to their room. What surprised them is that there were no divisions or compartments in the room.

"Hey, PD-nim, where are our beds? Why is there only one bed here?"

"Ahh, Key-ssi, Mr. Lee instructed us to provide only one bed."

"EHH!" Both of them said with eyes wide open.

"Key oppa and I?  Will sleep on one bed??"

"Yes. Weren't you two informed?"

"Aigoo, this must be one of Mr. Lee's schemes to get higher ratings, but really one bed?"

"Amber, it's okay if we don't sleep on one bed. I bet there are futons here, I could sleep in those."

"But oppa, it's still cold."

"Aneyo, I'll be fine. Go on, I thought you were sleepy?"

"Nah, my sleepy state went off once I heard we were supposed to sleep on one bed."

 

-----------------

Nighttime came, Amber called Victoria to ask for some advice.

"Unnie! What am I supposed to do? Only one bed was provided. I don't think I can do this."

"Wah! Only one bed? Hmm, well you could just divide the bed by lots of pillows that way, both of you will be assured that you won't hit each other or anything while sleeping."

"Oh, yeah. Why didn't I think of that. Err, Pabo Amber. Thanks unnie! Bye."

"Bye! Take care of yourself over there."

 

Key was already sitting down under the covers on their bed while watching television.

Amber gulped. To break the awkward air, Amber initiated a conversation.

"Never thought a such traditional looking home would have a modern looking bedroom."

"True! When we were filming Hello Baby, we had to sleep on sleeping mats. Not on comfy beds such as these."

Amber then hurriedly sat down on her side of the bed. and covered herself.

"Yoh, Ambeo-yah. Aren't you worried or nervous at all that you'll have to sleep on a bed with me? I'm still a guy you know."

Amber's face flushed. She didn't expect Key would say such a thing. Once she got a catch of her breath she just replied.

"I am nervous. Nervous in such a sense that I don't know if I could maintain composure while sleeping. I'm really a messy sleeper. I turn around the bed and all. But I wouldn't want to be like that around other people, around you."

Key was really touched by what Amber said. "But besides that, I'm not worried at all. I trust you oppa."

Amber just looked at Key with such a warm smile. Their hearts started thumping as they looked into each other.

--------------

It was around 1am when the two of them decided to sleep. Amber's words kept replaying inside Key's head.

"I trust you oppa." Damn Amber, why do you have to be so adorable. He mumbled to himself. He then fell asleep a few minutes later.

 

However, Amber on the other hand  still can't sleep. It was almost 2.00am and she was still wide awake.

"Oppa, are you still awake?"

"You know, I was really happy today. You were busy with your Japan promotions last year that we barely got to the time to bond. It will be our turn this year to debut in Japan. Do you think we'll succeed? Can we succeed? You were such big stars and I bet people will be expecting a whole lot from us. I'm nervous oppa. Aigoo. I was really happy you cooked Samgyupsal with me. Victoria unnie's are still the best, but I still liked what we ate because both of us made it. Were you happy too oppa? Did you enjoy it too oppa? Because me? I really did. Let's do this everyday oppa. Let's be an ideal couple though it's only make believe."

Amber then looked at Key. His legs were no longer covered under the blanket. Amber fixed it. He then stared at the sleeping lad.

"You really are pretty oppa. I wouldn't mind seeing your face in the morning. Goodnight oppa! May you have sweet dreams."

 

Amber then lulled herself to sleep. She was happy. She genuinely was.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there~! Wasn't able to update yesterday because of the holidays. Did you guys have fun? Hopefully you like my update! Do you think their falling for each other already? Aigoo. :D Enjoy!