Chapter 19- Get Away

Project: Experimental Love

Okay, before I start this chapter, I changed my mind.I'd like to say that instead of being the finale episode, this would be a pre finale happening in their married life. XD Next one would be the marriage show finale.. XD Again, the finale episode is NOT the final chapter. Still got a lot happenings in my head. XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key and Amber have decided to take a risk. Both of them will be taking a week leave right before f(x)'s debut in Japan. Recording wouldn;t be in two weeks so they decided to travel around Korea and enjoy the different sights without the cameras and the pressure from the company.

"You think they won't find us out oppa?"

"As long as we maintain a low profile. I bet they wouldn't suspect anything. Besides, we won't be going together at once. We'll just meet somewhere."

"Okay. I get it." Amber said with a sigh.

"What's with the heavy sigh?"

"Nothing, what we're doing. It's so refreshing. It's really fun and liberating and exciting."

"Get a grip. (laugh). It's not like we're eloping or something."

"I know. But still. Oh yeah, we'll just meet in Cheongsodam right?"

"Yeah."

-----------------

Key first got an emergency leave from the company two days ahead of Amber. Amber took one and said it was for a rest before their debut. They met in a small town outside of Seoul. 

"Hey oppa. Sorry it took me so long."

"Jah. You could've come sooner. It's really cold with the rain and all. Let's go. We still have plenty of places to go to."

The two of them decided to take public transportation for the entire duration of their trip. They wanted to enjoy Korea how most Koreans do it.

"We enjoy Korea, Korean style? I'm not Korean oppa."

"Really? Not even at heart?"

"Well, a Korean owns it, so yeah."

Key poked Amber's nose. He was obviously touched by Amber's words. "You are just too cute."

-----------

They planned the entire trip. From the destinations until they arrive in Daegu. What and where they'll be doing various activities.

"What's on top of the list?"

"Well, we're going to a hot bath for the first day. Eat there and do karaoke and all."

"Will they have table tennis tables????" Amber was surely eager.

"Uhh, I suppose?"

"Orayt. Let's play oppa! Please???"

-------

They arrived at the hot bath resort. They booked a single room and bathed in separate baths. They met when it was time for dinner.

"Don't forget your promise." Amber said as she sipped the soup from her bowl.

"I know. I know. Just be easy on me." Key answered.

They headed unto the table tennis area and grabbed their paddles. 

"Be easy on me. I really don't know how to do this." Key said worriedly.

"Arasso oppa. Ready!"

Amber fired up the balls. Key just screamed like a girl trying to avoid the fierce shots. Amber rolled on the floor laughing.

"Oppa, omo. I can't. This is too much!"

"JAH! That's really mean."

"Mianhe oppa. Come on. Let's rest. I'm sleepy from all the eating and beating you up."

"Hey! That's not funny!"

"Just kidding."

----------

The second day they decided to spend the day at the flea market and look for interesting pieces.

"Amber! Look at this."

"It's really cute oppa. Buy it. Buy me a new cap please?" Amber said with puppy dog eyes.

"I will. Just help me pick out one."

They looked at the different rings that were being sold at the market. A pair caught Amber's attention. She bought them and decided to give it to Key one of the coming days.

"Ambeo-yah! Do you like this one?" Key said while pointing at a cap.

"That's too girly oppa."

"Well, get used to it. Wear something different at least so that our disguises won't be blown."

"Fine. Take it. I'll wear it now."

It was a vintage bowler hat with a minute floral design by the rim.

"It looks good. Come on."

They just spent the entire day shopping from one store to another.

"Don't you think we bought too much?" Key said.

"Woah, is that you oppa? You're saying this is too much? Look who's talking?"

"I'm just not used to carrying too much stuff."

"Well, we bought stuff together. Like a real married couple."

Key just smiled.

------------------

Key and Amber left the hot bath the next day and proceeded to another local spot with a private pool.

"Wear a bathing suit. It's a private pool anyways."

"I don't want to. I'm too shy." 

"Shy???? SHY? You've got to be kidding me?"

"I am! Now stop bugging me about wearing a bathing suit."

"Fine fine."

Amber stood up and dove into the pool. She didn't rise for more than three minutes which worried Key. The lad hurriedly dove while Amber rose back up.

"Hey! Why did you do that? I thought you were drowning!"

"I'm a California girl oppa. I know how to swim. I was just teasing."

"Hmmpf!" Key went out the pool obviously upset. Amber tried to make it up to Key but to no avail. He was really upset.

It was already evening and Key was still angry at Amber. They went to the pool area. Amber then removed her shirt and dove into the pool. He grabbed Key as she returned to the surface. She hugged the boy tightly.

"I'm sorry okay? I thought we were going to enjoy our remaining days together happily. Forgive me oppa."

"I was really worried. Don't do that again okay?"

Amber just nodded her head. They were still in a tight hug. They then stared into each other's eyes. "Saranghae oppa."

"Nado. Saranghae Amber."

They just hugged for the longest time before calling it a night.

-----------

With only two days left, Key and Amber decided to go to Jeju Island to enjoy the last days of their getaway before going back to the idol world.

"It's always cold here in Jeju. Even when we perform, it's really cold." Amber said.

"True. Come on. We better hurry and book a room."

They took the taxi. The taxi driver kept staring at them at the entire duration of the trip and just smiled.

When they stopped for a refill at the gas station the taxi driver spoke.

"I guess you two are some of the brave ones. Not a lot of you have the guts to actually go out in secret because of the companies back in Seoul. I wish more idols can get the chance to date those who they really want to date. Hopefully yours are one of those that would last."

"Ahjussi, thank you. But umm.."

"Don't worry. Your secrets are safe with me. Besides there too many idols out there. I can barely remember your names."

 

The taxi driver dropped them off about 10 mins. after that situation.

For some weird reason. Key and Amber just wanted to sleep that night and rest from what seemed to be a tiring trip.\

The next day was their last day together before the finale and f(x)'s departure to Japan.

They toured around the island. Rode a bike, Key was driving it while Amber was holding on tightly.

They also had a picnic near a cliff where they could see a view of the ocean before them.

"I just wish this would never end oppa."

"Me too. Tomorrow we have to go back to Seoul and with different flight schedules again."

"I know oppa. (sigh) Can't believe today is the last day of our trip."

 

Evening came and they were already dressed to sleep. But right before they get some shut eye, Amber grabbed the rings she bought at the market.

"Oppa! I know they aren't fancy or anything but I found the last two pieces of this ring. Hope you like it."

Key looked at what Amber bought. It was a pair of infinity rings. He smiled, took one and took Amber's hand.

"Now that I realize, we don't have a marriage ring. Wear this everytime okay?" Key said as he slid the ring at Amber's finger.

"I'm glad you like them oppa." And Amber did the same.

They laid down. Key already fell asleep. Amber was still much wide awake. She faced Key and held his face.

"Oppa, next week will be our final episode? Can I do this? Can I really end this marriage of ours? It's all made up right? But I wish it wasn't."

Tears started welling up in her eyes.

"Oppa, I'm scared. I'm scared that when we get to Japan, we would be too busy and we won't get the chance to talk. I'm scared that I can no longer manage without you by my side. Oppa, I just wish today would never end. Us, like this would never end. I feel like the luckiest girl alive because I have someone that accepts all my flaws and faults yet only sees the good in me. If only I could be your true bride someday, I'd be more than willing to say yes. Okay, I sound cheesy. But, yeah. Can you manage without me? Because me? It'll take some getting used to again. I love you oppa. Always remember that."

And she fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber the worry wart. What's going to happen to their finale episode??

 

Here's a preview to the next chapter.

"You believed me? That's sad. You sure are easy..."