Chapter 15- Stage

Project: Experimental Love

It's been almost two weeks since the teaser performance of SHINee for their comeback. The boys are now busier than ever. Key was at SM for practice while Amber is left back home.

"Hyung, saw your episode last time. You killed the stage with that special dance with Amber noona. Was it chacha?" Taemin asked.

"De. Was our performance good?" Thanks. Agh. It'll be our comeback in a few days. I'm excited and nervous at the same time." Key replied.

"I know we'll be great. It's been quite some time since we released a Korean single. By the  way, what are you and Amber doing when there isn't official filming.?" Onew asked.

"Well, we aren't really watched by CCTVs or anything but we just spend the days normally when we don't have schedules. We clean, eat, cook. We also go out sometimes. Good thing the gas for the car is paid for by the company. We watch movies and shop if we have time."
"Woah, is that why I've been seeing pictures of you and my little dino surfacing online?"

"It's only natural hyung but I assure you nothing funny is going on." 

"Really hyung? You don't feel anything at all?" Minho asked curiously.

The boys stared at Key. "Really, nothing at all. She's just a very close friend that's all."

The boys now crept closer and stared at Key even harder. "Jah! Would you stop doing that! I don't know okay. I'm not sure on what I really feel right now. I actually never expected to be in this situation. I always said to myself in the beginning that I would be fine with the situation but being in it is a lot harder than I thought. It's not easy not to think special for her."

"It's only natural Key. You've been living together for the past 2 and a half months together. It's just weird if you don't feel any change." 

"Thanks Onew hyung. But as far as I'm concerned, I truly care for Amber and I don't want her to get hurt."

"When will be the next filming?" Taemin asked while grabbing a bag of chips.

"Ahh, well I think there are cameras over there right now shooting Amber. She's alone."

 

---At Kim Residence--

"Keybum oppa is really taking so long. Their comeback will be in two days. Jah. I bet he's tired. Maybe I should prepare a meal for him when he comes back!" Amber then headed to the kitchen to try out the new recipe she learned. Kimchi Stew. "Eating something warm after a tiring day is still the best."

Key was now heading home with their car. He thought of what Amber could be doing right now. Before going home, he passed by a convenience store and bought a sewing set. Not a lot of people know that Amber could sew really well. He wants to bring it home as a gift. 

Surprisingly and miraculously, Amber was able to cook the stew just right. "It's a little bland. Nah. he can add salt if he wants to."

Amber prepared the table. She already scooped the rice and awaited for Key's return. A doorbell was then heard on the door.

Amber opened the door. "Welcome home oppa! How was practice?"

"Omo. What's that I smell? It smells good." Key kept sniffing. He then looked at Amber, "Stew???"

Amber smirked. 

Key then hurriedly went to the dining room. "Woah! Daebak. Kimchi stew??? Did you cook this by yourself?" Kew kept on asking Amber like a little kid.

"Yeah.  I cooked it. Hurry! Dig in before it gets cold."

Key didn't waste any moment, He sat down and just gulped every bit of the stew and rice. His face just turned out to be all messed up by the stew. Amber started laughing.

"Mwo?" "You're like a kid." Amber then wiped the food off of Key's face.

"Woah, thanks."

Key really enjoyed the dinner Amber made. "Man, I'm stuffed. How did you make it so good?"

"Nothing, I just followed what you taught me. Hurry and change. You better rest. I know today has been really tiring."

Key wanted to tease Amber. "No! I don't want to." He then tugged Amber's arm.

"Jah, oppa! I'm tired too. I had to clean the house today."

"Aww. Okay." 

The filming ended. Amber was now preparing their bed. She started to feel sad for no random reason. She thought maybe it was because SHINee will be having their comeback. Yes, they will still have time for each other but she realized she'll miss those days when they were practically doing nothing and just spending the time away together. "Jah! Amber, snap out of it. You're not falling for him arasso.." Amber mumbled as she lightly slapped her cheeks.

"What were you saying Ambeo-yah?" "Ah, it's nothing.."

They both laid down. Both of them couldn't really sleep. Amber then removed the pillows and she suddenly back hugged Key. Key wasn't really surprised. He felt something was up. 

"What's wrong?"

"I'm such a selfish girl. I don't want you to come back."

"Wae?"

"Just kidding. I know you have to come back. A lot of your fans have been awaiting for your Korean comeback. I'm just sad over the fact that we won't be able to spend time together like we've been the past few weeks. Like shopping and eating somewhere. I'm sorry for thinking like this."

"Don't feels sorry about it. I'll miss it too of course. Don't worry. We'll make time. We can always do that. Be there on our comeback stage okay? The release of the single would be tomorrow."

"You're going to win on your comeback I'm sure of it."

"Hope so. But don't expect too much."

Key then turned around and hugged Amber back. Amber moved back a little bit. She didn't want to Key to feel her rapid heartbeat. She then let go and said her good night.

--------------

It was the day of their comeback. Amber accompanied Key to Music Bank.

Key was definitely nervous. "I know you'll do great."

"Thanks Amber. Jah. I can't be with you until after the entire show after our performance. We can only meet after the awarding of the winner."

"It's okay oppa. I'll just wait at the backstage. Omo. Wait, they'll be announcing the nominees for the winner this week."

The nominees for MBank that week was MBLAQ and.... SHINee.

"Woah! Oppa! It's only your comeback, yet you guys are already candidates.. Goodluck!"

--------

After several performances, SHINee will now take the stage. They started off with dim lights.

Their music started. Their dance was electrifying. Taemin definitely took the time to practice his dancing skills. His solo was exceptional. Key then followed. Amber kept on cheering backstage. Onew and Jjong did high notes and Minho's rap was great as ever. The crowd cheered as they ended their performance.

"Oppa! That was amazing! Guys! That was amazing."

"Thanks dino. Did you see my high note?" Jjong asked.

"Yes! All of your parts. It was daebak!"

The boys thanked Amber and they headed back to their dressing room to rest until the announcement of the winner. 

---------

All of the groups were on stage. Amber was definitely nervous. She wanted the boys to win. 

And now the announcement...

And the winner for this week is....

 

 

 

SHINee!!!

The boys' jaws dropped. Jjong as always started crying and Key followed. Onew started the speech and thanked SM family. Their sunbaes and hoobaes. They also thanked SHINee world. Key then took the mic. He wanted to take the opportunity to thank his family, Shawols and especially Amber. 

"Jah! Ambeo-yah. Thank your being such a supportive wife! I would not have made such a great performance without your help!"

As the boys were singing for the encore. Key went backstage and dragged Amber onstage. She was really shy. She had no make up on whatsover.

Key then carried her and twirled her around. "Jah! Oppa. This is so embarassing." The lad then headed to the boys and suddenly dragged Amber off the stage to their car.

"Oppa! Where are we going???"

"Just come! Come on. While we still have time."

Key then drove really fast. He headed on top of a hill. The view was amazing.

A small portion of Seoul can be seen and the lights are really beautiful. Suddenly, fireworks appeared.

"Woah, oppa! Look. Fireworks!"

"Do you like them?"

"I love 'em."

"I'm glad. I thought we wouldn't make it in time. I didn't want those fireworks I bought to go to waste."

"Mwo? You prepared that? What for?"

"For you. I wanted to serve it as a thanks for the support all this time. Just, thank you."

"You're welcome oppa."

They then held their hands together. Locked with each other. It was a perfect fit. Their hands filled in the spaces of the other.

Amber then laid her head on Key's shoulders as they were sitting down to watch the stars.

"Oppa. You better do great okay? Kim Kibum, Kibongbong, Keybum fashionista oppa..." Amber paused and she said

"Saranghaeyo..."

She was flushing red. She waited for a response but it was taking too long. She looked at Key. She saw that the boy was already asleep.

Amber feeling embarrased stood and pushed Key. "Jah! Oppa. You meanie!"

Key awoke and was definitely.. "Wae, what? Wait, What did I do???"

Amber turned around and meronged Key. She then walked towards back to their car laughing as Key was chasing her.

"Perhaps it wasn't the right time to tell him." Amber mumbled.

"Hurry oppa! Let's go home!"

As Key caught up with Amber he first stared at Amber. He smiled and replied. "Let's go..."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another update! Teehee.. Amber's wrong timing. Tsk. XD When can she say it again?? LOL. Stay tuned.