Chapter 14- Contact

Project: Experimental Love

They were staring into each other's eyes.

Key moved a wee bit closer, Amber kept on staring.

They were just a few inches away. 

Their LIPS were just a few inches away. 

They closed their eyes until.....

 

The phone rang. They both jumped on their places. The phone kept ringing. Amber then quietly said, "Uhm, oppa the phone."

"Ah yes." Key sighed as he made his way to answer the phone.

"Hyung!"

"This better be good Taem. (poker face)"

"Omo, why? What's happening?"

"Nothing. Jah, what was it you wanted to say?"

"Ahh, yes. Manager hyung said you should go to SME tomorrow and tag Amber noona along for the meeting."

"Wae? What's going on?"

"He just said so, so hyung what were you...."

Right before Taemin could finish his question, Key put down the phone.

"Who was it? What'd they say?" Amber asked while hugging the sofa pillow so tightly as it was covering her body.

"Ahh, it was Taemin. They said we have a meeting tomorrow and I should bring you along."

"What for?" "I dunno. He just said so."

They ended the night awkward and started the next day awkward. They went to SME in their car just full of silence.

--At SM building--

"You boys will be performing a one minute teaser tomorrow at Music Bank. Your comeback will be in two weeks. Ah, and also Amber and Key will be performing a special stage tomorrow." the event coordinator said.

"What kind of stage will we be doing? How long?" Key asked.

"Well, we'll be having South American guests tomorrow so I bet a latin dance will be incorporated into your performance. The rest would be freestyle."

"Latin? Like ballroom?" Amber asked.

"Yeah. You better get going. Key, you join SHINee first and meet Amber a few hours later. Amber enter the other practice room. A latin dance instructor will be waiting for you."

All of them bowed. As they made their way to the practice rooms, worry and anxiety was clearly seen in Amber's face. Key noticed it and headed towards her.

"I'll be joining you in about an hour and a half. Just relax.You'll be fine."

"Thanks oppa. Fighting!" "Fighting!"

Amber entered one of the practice rooms and she greeted the dance instructor. Apparently, they'll be dancing a y chacha. The dance instructor then started the music and showed what they will be dancing. Amber's eyes just widened. The dance was full of swaying hips and all the other feminine moves. and Sultry leg stretches."Noona, is it really like that?"

"Yeah, so get up and start learning it."

Amber couldn't really follow at first but she started getting a grip of it as they went on. A man then arrived. It was the female instructor's partner and would be teaching Key's part. 

--After an hour and 45 of practice--

Key finally came. "Sorry, I'm late."

"Aneyo. Come in." Amber said.

The male dance instructor now showed Key how to do his part. "Omo, hyung that's really hard to do."

"You'll be fine. Come on. Try it."

Key swayed his hips. Amber started giggling. "Wae?"

"Nothing. Go on."

The instructors now had to show how to do the dance together. Key and Amber just watched.

The dance starts with the man sitting down on a chair. Devilish like music will then play as the woman enters, she started dancing and started inviting the man in. The man follows her and sways with her as they indulge themselves with desire. They touched each other's face like there was no tomorrow. It was intense. The dance ends with the man and woman's faces very close to one another as they stare into each other.

"AHHHH!" Amber screamed. 

"Omo. Amber, you okay?" Key asked.

She started panicking. "No. How am I supposed to do this? I can't be y like that. I'm boyish. People will laugh at me. I'll just embarass the both of us. Oppa.. I."

Key then grabbed her shoulders and said "Never EVER say that. You are boyish but that doesn't mean you aren't beautiful. Let us prove those people wrong."

When Amber has calmed down, they started doing the routine. It was really awkward. They can't bring their bodies close especially with the encounter they had the night before. This trailed for almost two hours.

"Omo. We're sorry. We have to go. You two still have to learn a one minute freestlye routine. We're going. Goodluck on the performance." Said the male dance instructor.

The female one approached Amber and hugged her. "You can do it Amber. Have a little confidence in that thin body of yours. You're better than you think. Fighting!" "Thanks noona. Fighting!"

------

The next dance instructor came and taught Amber a freestyle dance. They learned it in no time. It took them less than 1 hour to completely understand the routine. It was already past 8pm when they finished. Key asked "Hyung, which one will we be doing first? The freestyle or latin part?"

"As far as I've heard, you'll be doing the one I taught you first then the latin dance." the choreographer said.

"Ehhh??!" Amber said.

"I better get going. I'll leave this room to you two if you want to practice a bit more. Just make sure to close and turn off everything after."

"Arasso. Thank you!"

The two of them were left. And as if they had mental telepathy, they knew which routine to practice.

The chacha was still very much awkward. "This isn't working oppa. It's just not."

"We'll find a way."

They practiced for 3 hours more until they decided to call it a day. 

--------

Performance Day

"Omo, today's the day and we still haven't got the dance correctly." Amber thought to herself.

Key called Amber from the dressing room. "You ready?"

"I don't know oppa. Maybe. I guess so."

"We haven't started but please do forgive me after. Okay?"

"Okay. Huh, wae. What??!"

"Just please do." Key said as he was running away. Their teaser was about to start. Amber watched backstage and cheered for Key silently. "Go Keybum oppa!"

SHINee's teaser for their comeback was amazing. Their dance was flawless as ever.

"Nice one oppa." "Thanks Amber. I better get changed. See ya!"

Amber's heart was thumping heavily. She was wearing heels and short pants though it was really a skirt. The coordinator stated. It was to be their turn. Key entered first, then Amber. Their freestyle music started. They danced it really well. It ended where Amber was seemingly pushed off the stage by a stand-offish Key. Then, their chacha music started. Key started acting as if he was wondering what was going on, Amber then entered on the beat of a drum. She removed the pin which held her skirt. The audience started clapping. Key could then see anxiety in Amber's eyes. She wasn't dancing that well. As he then reached Amber, he whispered. "Sorry on what I'm about to do." Key suddenly kissed Amber's cheek. It was very fast but it seems the audience caught it. They started shouting. Energy filled the room. Both of them felt it. They felt happy for the support. They danced the routine gracefully and sultrily. It ended with a standing ovation from the audience.

 

They went off stage with smiles on their lips. Key was about to thank Amber but right before he was able to say anything. Amber cupped his face and kissed him on the cheek for a wee bit minute. "Thanks oppa! I forgive you." and she ran away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMO. SORRY IF I  JUST UPDATED IT NOW. Been really busy with University lately and my course is really demanding. I tried to make it up with a pretty long chapter. XD Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for the next part. laughsurprisecheeky