Chapter 20- Lies

Project: Experimental Love

Today was the day. They never imagined that the day will come. They never thought that it had to end so soon. Their virtual marriage was about to end.

 

Amber went back to SM after their getaway. She was in a company car accompanied by her manager. They were on their wa y to Daegu for the finale. She was sitting there, staring outside the car window. It was as if the sky was mourning with them. They sky was of a dark gray shade, posed high chances of raining. 

"Can't believe today's our last day. I really enjoyed our get away. Is he doing okay? I miss him already." Amber had those thoughts running in her head the entire drive.

Key on the other hand went back to their home to take the remainder of his clothes left. He stared at the walls, their room. It was all so nostalgic. He had a smile implanted on his face reminscing all their sweet memories inside that room.

He's going to take their car to Daegu. He sat inside. He didn't start the engine just yet. He laid his head back and said.

"Can't believe today's the day. I just wish Amber was here with me right now so I can hug her so tight."

-------------

They made their way to Daegu. Filming will start once both of them arrive so that they can capture the final moments. Amber arrived first. Key was still a few kilometers away so she decided to go off the car to relieve some nerves. Her phone then ringed.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hi Ms. Liu. You do remember who I am, right?"

"Yes VP-nim, of course."

"I heard today is the last of your marriage with Key?"

"Ahh, yes yes."

"Ms. Liu, it has come to my attention that it seems that as if you two assume the company would never know?"

Amber paused, her heart started beating rapidly.

"I don't know what you're talking about VP-nim."

"There's no need to deny Ms. Liu. A fan of you two seems to have posted pictures online. Good thing we managed to stop the source and has TEMPORARILY halted the release."

It was silent. Amber didn't answer.

"Uhm. Ms. Liu, were you aware of what happened to DBSK and Hangeng right? Do you know that SHINee idolize DBSK so much?"

"What do you want me to do VP-nim?"

"I suggest you break things off with Mr. Kibum after filming. Unless you want SM to halt SHINee activities for the rest of the year?"

"I understand VP-nim. I'll do it ASAP."

"You're doing the right thing Ms. Liu. See you. Conquer Japan!"

-----------------

Amber dropped her phone after their conversation. She can't put into words the sadness, anger and frustration she feels right then and there.

She then heard the cue that Key has arrived. Filming will start. She made her way into the center of the park where filming was set.

She walked and walked. It seems to be the longest and hardest walk she has to take in her life so far. 

She then saw this figure. She smiled. She temporarily forgot the anger she felt. He ran towards her and hugged her.

"Hey oppa."

"Ambeo-yah."

They made their way to a bench under a tree with their hands tied together.

They sat down.

They both heaved in air and sighed deeply.

"Ambeo-yah, do you remember our first photoshoot in the beach? We were really awkward."

"Yeah. And you looked really silly with those board shorts."

"Really? I did? I thought the bathing suit really suited you well."

"For some weird reason, I liked the bathing suit but I liked the wedding gown best. It was very feminine."

"You liked it though it's feminine?"

"I'm still a girl oppa."

They laughed.

"I liked our trip to Daegu best. By the way! My mom said she wants to meet you again. We should visit them soon."

Amber smiled a fake smile. "Sure oppa."

They then both heard in their earpieces that they should their farewells.

Key stood up and faced Amber.

"Will you miss me yeobo? I'll miss you. I was happy with our marriage. I bet you will miss my nagging and cooking."

"Will you miss me nampyeon? I'll miss you. I'm sure you'll miss my weird antics and jokes when I leave."

They then both stood up and hugged each other. "Thank you."  They both uttered.

And the filming ended.

----------

The two of them requested if they could stay behind. They said they'll be going back to SM on their own. They thanked the staff right after the filming ended.

"Amber! Since we're in Daegu, let's go to my parents' house! They want to meet you again."

"Sorry oppa. I can't."

"What do you mean? Come on!"

Key tugged on Amber but she pulled back.

"You believed me? That's sad. You sure are easy..."

"What are you talking about?"

"You really thought I liked you Key?"

Key was definitely confused.

"I was just sweet to you because of our show. I never took interest in you at the first place! In fact I was freaked out when I heard you were playing my husband. f(x) really garnerned new fans because of our virtual marriage. I'm more than glad it's over."

Amber held back her tears. She had to say those words.

"You mean it was all a lie? You played me? Why??!" Key grabbed Amber's shoulders.

"I never thought you'll actually fall for it. But you did, so I just played along. You really are something."

"The hugs? The hands held together? THE KISS? AMBER?!"

She paused. "It was all part of the show. (laughed idly),"

Key then let go of her. He had tears running down his face.

"Amber! You are the worst! I thought you were different from other girls! When I actually thought I could have someone I could share my worries and happiness with??!! MY FAMILY TRUSTED YOU! I TRUSTED YOU. I don't want to see you ever again!!!!"

"I'm sorry bout your family. But yeah. You should go."

Anger was evident on Key's face. He left. He walked away without looking back...

-----------

Several minutes after Key left.

Amber got down on her knees and cried.

"I'm sorry oppa! I lied. I love you. I love you more than anything! You can't imagine how much I'll miss you. Your hugs, your stares. Your kiss. Oppa! I'm sorry. It was for your own good. Oppa, I lied. I'm sorry.

It started raining hard. She didn't move. She just knelt there and cried and cried.

The sky was mourning with her.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber broke it off with Key. :(((( What will Key do? What will Amber do? Stay tuned!