Chapter 22-Blue Sky

Project: Experimental Love

"You sure you're not going?"

"Yeah. I still can't get over what she said. I may seem cruel, but I can't face her and act as if everything is all right..."

----------

"Hey, unnie. What time is our flight?"

"Not sure about that Sul, I'll ask Victoria unnie a bit later."

"Amber.."

"Hey unnie."

"You seem really uneasy? Are you?"

"I was kind of hoping he would come, SHINee would come to say goodbye, but yeah. I was kind of expecting they wouldn't go..."

Victoria held Amber's shoulders. "You do understand why he wouldn't come right?"

"Yeah. I understand reall well. But, I wished he could at least say goodbye. It's going to take a long time before we meet again.."

"Why don't you text him? You won't lose anything if you text him and tell him how you feel. Besides, we still have a few hours left before we leave."

------

It was the day f(x) had to leave for Japan. They were preparing for this for months. Amber woke up that day with her eyes sore as hell. No, she didn't cry. She just stayed up almost the entire night coming up with something. She stared at it.

"Gahhh! I have to finish this asap!" She said as she ruffled her hair. She's barely made two stanzas. It still had a long way to go..

"Unnie! Why aren't you taking a bath yet?" Luna asked.

"Mwo? Why?"

"We'll be leaving for Japan today right??"

"Ohhh.. SHhhhoot! Yeah, I'll change quickly."

As soon as Amber finished, they left for the airport. Amber now was really worried and anxious whether SHINee would be there, whether HE would be there.

--------------

"Unnie! unnie!"

"Ohh! Sorry. I spaced out. Did you say something?"

"I was just asking if you wanted something to eat."

"Ahh, no. I'm not hungry. Well, maybe a bottle of tea would be fine."

"Okay.."

As TaeStal left to buy some food, Amber stared at her phone.

"Text him." Luna said.

Amber heaved in a deep sigh.

------------------

"Hyung, are you.."

"I told you for the nth time Minho, I'm not going. If you guys want to go, then go."

"Sheesh, chill out."

Key's phone then rang. It was a SMS.

From:Amber
To: Key oppa~
-----------------------------------

Hey there oppa. :( I know you're still mad at what I said almost two weeks ago.
I am the meanest and most stupid girl, I know. But oppa, I really want to see you
right before we leave. We are at the airport now. I just wish you could come. Let me see you.
I wouldn't think of you coming here is a sign of forgiveness. But do understand oppa.
I have reasons I cannot tell you. We'll be leaving in 2hours T___T oppppaaaa~~!

(End of SMS)

-----------------------------------

"Who is it from hyung?"

"Nobody."

Jonghyun sensed it could be Amber from Key's reaction.

When Key went out for a while to buy some stuff, Jjong sneaked at the lad's cellphone.

He read the message.

"I knew it."

---------------

"Key!"

"Yeah hyung?"

"Aren't you really going? Come on, forgive my little dino."

"I told you hyung, I can't. Not now." and Key left.

 

The next thirty minutes, it was obvious Key was bothered.

"Jah! Stop staring.."

"Hyung, if you want to, you can."

"I won't go Taemin, okay?"

"Well, it seems that you want to. You just don't want to admit it."

"Taemin is right Key, it seems that you really want to." Onew said.

"Leave me alone!"

--------------

Key obviously wants to go. He was really uneasy. He cleaned and wiped and sweeped the dorm. He tried to do everything to avert the thought of Amber leaving. 30 minutes before f(x)'s flight, Key's phone rang again. He ran to get it.

From:Amber
To: Key oppa~
-----------------------------------

Hey oppa. We'll be leaving soon. I'm really sorry if I was a bit annoying with my first text.
I just wanted to let out a few emotions in this thin body of mine. I was quite foolish to expect that
you would be going. But don't worry, I understand why. You have your reasons right?
Be careful all the time. You should always take care of yourself and eat on time.
You must think I'm really foolish for texting you and waiting for a reply. Goodbye oppa.
See you. I'll miss you Key oppa T_______T
(End of message)
-----------------------------------

Key lied when he said he never wanted to see Amber again. He wants to see Amber every single day, every single moment he can. As soon as he read the message, he rushed out of the dorm.

"Mwo? Hyung! Where are you going??" Taemin said.

"Key hyung! Hey, wait up! Where are you??" Minho added.

Jonghyun followed Key by sight. He saw how much Key wanted to see Amber.

As he was running, Key said "Pabo Amber! You always make me fall for you. Why did you do that? Tell me."

But a few meters after running, he lost consciousness.

"Key!!!" Jjong shouted.

"Hey, guys! Help me. Key lost consciousness."

The SHINee boys immediately headed for Key.

-----------------------

12.45pm

"Come on Amber, we have to go."

"I'm such a fool for expecting he would actually come when everything was the effect of what I did to him.." Amber said. Tears started falling from her eyes.

"I just wanted to see him unnie. Unnie.."

"In time Amber, I know you would.."

And so they left.

-------------------------

Meanwhile at the hospital,

"He'll be fine. But he has to stay in the hospital for another day. Has he been under a lot of stress? It seems he was in fatigue and dehydrated. He'll be receiving dextrose and a few supplements to cope with his fatigue."

"Okay, thank you Doctor.." Onew said.

Minho smacked Key's shoulder. "We were dead worried! We weren't aware with what was going on. You didn't even try to tell us that you and Amber are dating."

"Yeah hyung. You should've told us so that we could've at least help with your relationship with Amber noona." Taemin added.

"Sorry, I just wanted to resolve things myself cause... Wait, what? Who told you?"

"Jonghyun hyung" Said by the both of them.

"Jah! Why did you tell them?!"

"They had to know sooner or later. Stop nagging and rest."

While Key was resting, the SHINee boys talked whether they should tell Amber on what happened to Key.

"Should Amber noona know? It might affect her performance."

"Well, she has to know but maybe not tonight. She might be hurting because Key didn't come and see her at the airport." Onew suggested.

 

After an hour, Key woke up. He stood and went near the window.

"They should've arrived there by now. The sky is pretty clear and blue. I hope she'll be fine at Japan."

"Ambeo-yah. Can you see the sky? Isn't it pretty?"

----------------------

f(x) was welcomed by a lot of fans in Japan. They didn't expect the reception.

A lot of the fans were shouting how much they loved each member.

"Krystal! I love you!"

"Luna! Your voice is the best."

"Sulli! Give me your height ah!"

"Victoria! You are a goddess!"

"Amber!! We love you!"

f(x) waved and thanked their fans and bowed before they entered the van. Amber was the last one to enter but right before she went in she looked up.

"The sky is really blue today. Can you see it too oppa? Isn't it pretty? But not as pretty as you." And she went it. And they left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f(x) arrived in Japan! Will SHINee tell Amber what happened to Key?? Stay tuned! :D