Chapter 18- Reminder

Project: Experimental Love

It's now almost 6 months since the show of Key and Amber started. People received their pairing really well. Their show received good ratings and they wondered whether the show would get extended.

"Oppa, look." Amber said while pointing at her laptop.

What is it?" Key replied as he was washing the dishes.

"Remember that time when we went out in disguises about a month ago?"

"Yeah. Of course I can."

"Well, seems like some people took notice that we went out together. There are pictures online. People really have mixed opinions but I'm actually happy to see that most of them are actually happy that we're going out." Amber smirkingly said.

"Really? Can you read some of those comments?"

"Okay. Wait, I'll look for good ones."

Amber scanned through the comments and found some of 'em to be either really funny or really touching.

"Aigoo. Saw Keyber go out this afternoon! They were so sweet and cute in their disguises." 

"OMO. Who's who? Can't tell from their clothes but sure it was KeyBer."

"Amber and Key look really good together. They should get together in real life."

Key smiled when he heard the last one. "Those people don't get a clue."

"Stop being so mean oppa. (laugh) Of course they wouldn't assume. They know we have a show and think it's all for publicity."

"Well, publicity or not. Saranghae!"

"Me too oppa. Saranghae!" 

And they threw each other flying hearts.

 

Key finished the dishes and sat down beside Amber. He doesn't look too happy.

"Oppa, what's wrong? You seem off."

"It's nothing. Almost two weeks left."

Amber frowned. "Don't think about it. Let's just live with the now. Besides we could still meet each other after right?"

"Yeah. Suppose so. You think they'll extend our show?"

"Wae?"

"Well, we did get good ratings consistently. I bet the company has been earning really well. Maybe they'll extend it!" Key said with such a smile on his face.

"I don't know oppa. Hopefully." Then Amber gave him a hug.

 

As they were having such a sweet moment. A ring was heard on the door.

"Coming!" Amber shouted.

Her manager came. "Amber! Why aren't you dressed yet. Did you receive my text message?"

"Huh? What? Text message? Oh shh. Sorry oppa. I left my phone in the room."

"What??? You better hurry! We still have a meeting with the company!"

"Omo. I'm so sorry oppa. I'll get changed asap."

When Amber hurriedly went upstairs to change. Key asked if he could excuse himself to get changed as well.

"You don't have to come with us Key."

"But hyung, we are...."

f(x)'s manager looked at Key sternly. "Your presence isn't needed in the meeting. Company orders."

Key was taken aback. "Okay."

 

When Amber has finished. She was surprised to see that Key wasn't prepared at all.

"Oppa, why are you.."

"I've still got a lot of housework to do. I'll prepare you a great dinner. Arasso?"

Amber just smiled. "Okay oppa. Kansamnida!"

 

On their way to the company, Amber asked their manager why there's going to be a meeting.

"Jah, oppa. Why is there a sudden meeting?"

"It's about your group's Jap debut. It's coming near isn't it? Seems like you'll be preparing a teaser. Your concepts would be relayed today."

-----------------

The members were already at the meeting room when Amber arrived.

"Unnie!" Luna, Krystal and Sulli said in unison.

"Hey." Amber said as she sat beside Victoria.

 

The meeting then started. 

The coordinoona said,

"Your japanese debut is only a month away. Tomorrow you'll be shooting a teaser. Individual teasers to be aired in Japan next week."

"Victoria, you'll be getting a permanent perm for this era and get your hair lightened a shade of brown lighter than what you have now. Krystal, we'll be giving you a shorter haircut but still well beyond your shoulders. We'll be dyeing your hair with blonde highlights. Sulli, full bangs but we'll give you a haircut. Maybe a well layered one. Luna, we'll be bleaching your hair to platinum. You need to stand out since you are the main vocal. Amber, we'll give you nearly shoulder length hair. Similar to your hair predebut in your teaser pics for La Cha Ta. But we'll make it edgier. You guys better get ready."

All of them were surprised with Amber's concept. "Woah, hyung. You'll be getting longer hair. Can't wait." "Yeah! Me too.." Luna said.

Right before the meeting ended the coordinoona said, "Oh, Amber. Please stay behind. The rest of you can go."

Amber was wondering what was left to tell the the other members had to leave. She sat down and waited impatiently. The vice president of the company then came.

"Mr. Soo Man can't be with us today since he is busy with other affairs but this meeting is about, well you and Key."

Amber actually felt a little bit excited until the lights in the meeting room went off and a powerpoint presentation started.

"Amber, is this you and Key?"

Amber couldn't really answer at first because they snuck out that day. "Uhm, yeah. Me and oppa went to the mall.  That's all. I was the one who asked him."

"You are well aware of the company's policy of dating within the company right?" The VP said with a smile on his face.

"Uh, yes. Very much well aware."

"Well, better be careful next time. We wouldn't want rumors that could affect both you. You don't want to ruin your Japanese debut right? It'll be sad for your members if we had to delay it even more because of such a controversy. Also, you do know it's just a virtual marriage between you two. More of a project. Don't get too carried away"

Amber held back her tears. "Yes VP-nim. I understand perfectly. I do apologize."

"Very well. You may go."

Amber was brought back to their home. She wasn't really too happy with the meeting.

Key welcomed her. "Buin! Welcome back! Dinner's waiting."

"Oh. Hey oppa. Let's eat." Amber faked a smile.

Key noticed that something was off. Amber barely touched her food.

Amber was assigned to do the dishes. In the effort to try to cheer her up, Key back hugged the girl.

But instead of hugging back. Amber accidentally dropped the dishes.

"Oh my. Sorry oppa. I. I.."

"It's okay. Come on. I'll help you."

Amber then started crying. Key hugged her.

"I don't know what happened behind those doors. But instead of thinking about it too much. Let's enjoy our remaining days left. We only have two weeks left right? Let's make it the best two weeks of this marriage. Brush off any comments. Let's have the world as if we had to ourselves okay?"

Key's words always soothed Amber. "You're right oppa. I'm sorry. Let's make it the best okay?" And she hugged back.

"Do you want to go to Daegu for our finale? I mean, that's where we started all the sweetness right?" Key asked as they were cleaning the broken plate.

"Sure oppa. I'll be happy to."

 

And so they've decided.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So their finale has been decided. But what will happen on their final episode and after that. Don't worry, still got several chapters. The next one won't be the last one yet. The final episode of their show would be the next chapter. What's going to happen to them after the marriage???