Chapter 11- Daegu

Project: Experimental Love

Amber remembered what happened the other day for their farewell stage with Myungsoo, Siwon and Eunhyuk. She kept giggling.

"Jah! What are you laughing about? Is there something on my face?"

"Aneyo oppa. It's nothing. I just remembered something."

"What'd you remember? Care to share?"

"Nah. Rather not."

"Please?"

"No, really it's nothing important."

"Fine."

Amber kept looking out the window of their car. She was happy to know that Key was jealous. She was glad that Key actually  looks at her.

"Hey oppa. Where are we going?"

"We're going to Daegu."

"Ehhh??? Why? Do we have a schedule there?"

"Aneyo. I'm going to introduce you to my family. My unnie is really excited to see you in person."

"Wae? Is she a fan of f(x)?"

"Well, all SM of course. She supports the family well."

------------------

It was a pretty long drive from Seoul to Daegu. Traffic was also at an all time high. It was midday when they arrived.

"You look all tense? What's the matter?"

"Nothing. It's just I'm a bit nervous how your family will think of me. I want to make a good impression."

Key was touched. He wrapped his arm around Amber's shoulders and said. "You'll be fine. Just be yourself, okay?"

Amber nodded.

"Appa! Eomonim! Unnie! We're here."

"Ohh, Kibum! Welcome back. How was your drive?" Key's mom hugged him tightly.

"It was alright."

"Omo, is this Amber?" De."

"She looks different on TV. I saw your pilot episode. It was really nice. Especially your photos as the beach."

"Ahh, kansamnida." Amber thanked Key's mom while doing a 90 degree bow.

"Come on in. Get inside."

-------------------

"Jah! Kibum. How come you married and didn't invite us to the wedding?" A female voice said.

"Jah, unnie. Let's say our wedding was a bit of a rush. We weren't able to send out invitations."

"Nah, I'm just kidding." Key's sister ruffled his hair.

"Don't do that! It takes forever to fix my hair. Omo. unnie, this is Amber, my wife."

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too Amber. We have so much to talk about." Key's sister smiled warmly.

-----------------

They had a wonderful dinner.

"Oh, spicy rice cakes?" Amber saw  her favorites.

"I called mom a day ahead to prepare them. I told them they were your favorite."

"Omo. Kansamnida."

They ate happily and talked about Key a lot.

"Key always wanted to be in the field of arts and performing. We were quite against at his choice to be an idol but we really are proud of him."

"Mom, come on."

"Uhh, Kibummie, Can you sign some autographs. Some friends of mine are going pedo-noona for you."

"Aigoo. Ahaha. Sure sure."

-----------------

Right after dinner, Key's sister dragged Amber out for a walk to the convenience store.

"So, Amber. How's Key as a husband?"

"Uhhm, well. He cooks really well and takes care of me. He's very good. He also has a good fashion sense. Whenever we go out on schedules, he always says that, wear this or wear that. It's like he's my own personal stylist. I must say, he loves bubble tea. We usually go out for bubble tea when we have the time."

"You sound really close to him."

"Ahh, well. You could say that."

"You know, Kibum really is the cheerful type. Ever since we were young, he rarely gets sad over things. He does but the next day he'll be all better as if nothing happened. I heard both of you draw really well? Keep it up! I could see it in Kibummie that he's happy."

"Ahh, Kansamnida."

"I do have a question though, don't you ever see my brother something more than just a virtual husband? You know, like would it be possible for you to fall in love with him?"

Amber's eyes widened. "Uhmm, well. To be honest. I don't really know. It's hard to say something and then not do it? I don't want to say that I'll never fall for him, or I don't want to conclude that we'll be a real life couple. It's just hard."

"Oooh. I see. Well, if you start liking him. Call me. Arasso?"

"Arasso. Thanks unnie."

----------------

They went home and Amber found Key preparing their bed.

"One bed again?"

"Yeah, eomma said it'll be fine as long as we don't do something funny."

"Oh. Okay."

They laid down. "I'm going to take y ou somewhere tomorrow. Sleep well. You'll need it."

"Omo. Where are we going?" "Just sleep."

--------------

The next morning, Key and Amber woke up quite early.

"Eomma, we'll be going somewhere today. We wouldn't be eating lunch here."

"Omo, okay. Be careful!"

"So, oppa. Where are we going?"

"We'll be going to a nearby river and fish. You'll like it there for sure."

They arrived at the river.

"Woah, the water's really nice and clear. It's pretty cold though." Amber said while dipping her feet in the water.

"Don't get your clothes wet, we don't have extra clothes."

"Yeah, I know."

They fished and caught several. They cooked the fish.

"Fresh fish really is good aren't they oppa?"

"Of course. Here in Daegu, we have great produce. The fresher the better we say."

They spent majority of the day by the river talking about Key's childhood. "What time is it?"

"Uh, it's almost 5pm, why?"

"Oh, I still have to take you somewhere. Come."

----------

Key drove hurriedly. "Where are we going oppa?"

"Just stay put."

Few minutes later they arrived at the cemetery. They walked past several graves and Key stopped on the one with beautiful flowers.

"We're here."

"Whose grave is this?"

"It's my grandma's."

Both of them stood there for quite some time until Key started talking.

"Grandma. I know you're always watching over me. I remember how you told me to be careful while I'm  in Seoul. I apologize again for being such a rebellious grandchild. You always took care of me. Though I was a huge pain in the . I'm sorry for not visiting so often. We had promotions non-stop and our schedules were jam packed that I had no time to go home. We were really great in Japan. Fans loved us."

Key then started stuttering. Amber saw it in Key's eyes that the boy was about to cry.

"Look grandma. I'm a married man now. She's handsome isn't she? More handsome than me. but people love us. They love our chemistry. Don't you think that's great? I just wish you had the chance to meet her."

After saying those words, tears just fell from Key's eyes. He cried and cried while Amber was just trying to comfort the boy. When Key has stopped. Amber said.

"Grandma, it's nice to meet you. Though we weren't able to meet in person. I can definitely say that Key is proud to have you as his grandmother. He usually talks about you. He's also always saying to us that he brings with him the letter you gave him. I know you had given great effort to raise him. Don't worry grandma. I'll take care of him for you. Fighting!"

Key then started crying once again. She never expected Amber to say those words. Amber then hugged Key. He hugged back.

"Let's go home oppa." Key just nodded.

As they made their way back to the car. Key suddenly held Amber's hand, looked into her eyes and said. "Thank you. Take care of me, okay?"

"Okay."

 

They made their way back and tears were replaced by smiles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was one emotional chapter don't you think? Key finally introduced Amber to his family. Daebak. Stay tuned!