Chapter 4- Roller Coaster District

Project: Experimental Love

Amber thought to herself. She herself was stunned on what spilled right out of . She was just there standing, covering and staring at Key. She just wanted to run and never show her face again.

"Aigoo. It's over. Our friendship is over. We may be close but I don't think I can still do this. After how I spilled the news to him. Omo.. I'm dead meat." Amber kept thinking.

Key was still in shock. He didn't know how to react. But to be honest, he's not mad at all. Truth is, he has this jumping feeling within him. He actually likes the thought of having the chance to play as Amber's husband, even though it was all fictitious. But he just loved to tease Amber. As mean as it may sound, he takes pleasure in seeing Amber all worried and uneasy. He feels special because he could feel that Amber actually cares. So he decided to act as if he was angry. He played the "poker face" game.

The game was started by Amber when she was a trainee. Amber entered SM in 2008. SHINee has already debuted by then as SM's contemporary flower boy group. The two of them just clicked. And everytime Amber will play a prank on Key, she'd do this poker face, as if she was really angry.

Amber saw the look on Key's face. She felt really uneasy. His poker face expression was really bothering her. But still too afraid to talk, they headed over to the Bubble Tea shop in complete silence. She felt weird. Her uneasiness is different from before. She doesn't know if it's because Key rarely has an expressionless face or because she feels that he is genuinely mad at her. 

Amber bought two large bubble tea drinks. Trying to ease the tense air, Amber decided to talk.

"So, how's the bubble tea? This flavor really is my favorite. Don't you like it too hyung?"

Key is literally laughing on the inside, seeing Amber all worried. But he still wants to continue the game.

"Huh? Oh yeah. It's okay." He answered coldly.

Amber frowned. She didn't like the atmosphere being like that.

"So, hyung, how was your recording and dance practice? I know you're really good. Did you have fun while recording?"

"Yeah. It was fun. But nothing fancy really."

Amber then thought of a plan. She knows besides bubble tea, shopping is an enlightenment for Key.

"Hyung, I know this cool new shopping place near Agpujeong. Heard they have really fashionable items. I think I'm going to buy a few girly pieces for our Japanese debut. Care to join me?"

"Sure."

Amber was in pain. Key never really answered so coldly before. Well, he did. But not to this extent.

---

 

They arrived in Agpujeong. "Key hyung! Come on. Look, would this look good on me?" said Amber,as she was trying to fit a slighlty loose shirt with a bit of checkered pattern at the collar. 

Key was really happy. Rarely does Amber ask for his opinion when it comes to clothing. He wanted to say that "Amber, any type of clothing fits you." But instead, "It's nice. Buy it."

This continued for the rest of their shopping trip. Amber would ask and Key would answer as if he doesn't give a damn.

---

 

It was 5.30pm. It was getting dark. Amber was barely able to buy anything. She liked a lot of stuff, but the mood wasn't really helping.

They sat on one of the benches situated around the district. Amber just couldn't take it anymore. As strong as she is, tears started swelling up in her eyes.

She then blurted out. "Hey! What am I supposed to do? I know not telling you immediately was no good. But why act like this all day?? I've been trying to fix everything but...."

Right before she could finish, Key suddenly hug her. "I'm sorry too. I've been playing the entire day. I just wanted to see how you would react. I love seeing you all jittery and worried. Mianhamnida Amber!"

Amber continued to cry. "Pabo! That's really mean of you! T.T You know how much of a worry wart I could be!" Amber started slamming Key's back while he was still hugging her.

Key then cupped her face.  "But still, you owe me something. Grant my request. Call me "oppa"."

Amber shook her head. She mouthed the word No.

Key knew it was revenge for what he did. "Agh! I'm leaving now."

Amber chuckled as Key was walking away. "He's such a kid. Is he really older than me?" 

Key then heard the magic word. "Oppa! wait for me! Let's go home together."

He turned around and he saw Amber running towards him. They then walked home with smiles planted on their faces.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aigoo! Was it too long this time? Teehee. Mianhe, I enjoyed writing this part. :D Yey! two updates in a day. Enjoy readers! kiss