Chapter 16- Unnie

Project: Experimental Love

--Flashback--

""Oooh. I see. Well, if you start liking him. Call me. Arasso?"

"Arasso. Thanks unnie."

--End--

Amber had that flashback as she was staring at her cellphone. She remembered that conversation of her and Key's sister. She sighed.

SHINee has been promoting non stop for the past month. Amber usually waits at home. She's now a good cook thanks to Key's lessons. She's also been in charge of taking care of the house since Key is busy with all their performances. She always accompanies Key but she usually has to go home first because SHINee will either attend another schedule or celebrate as all boys. 

She then pressed the call button on her cellphone.

"Yeoboseyo?" a voice said.

"Hi, Unnie. It's me Amber. Can we meet today?"

"Ohh, hey. Yeah. You're just in time. I'm off my work. Where'd you wanna meet?"

"Maybe a restaurant midway Seoul and Daegu. I'll be taking the bus."

"Okay. I know a good one. I'll just text you the directions and the name of the restaurant. See you!"

"Thanks unnie. Bye. See you."

 

Amber took the bus in complete disguise. She wore pants, shades, boots and what seems to be a french coat. She didn't want to seem too obvious. "God, this coat is hot." She thought.

Their show had been pretty massive and she doesn't want to cause a commotion.

She arrived at the restaurant. Key's sister was already there.

"Hey."

"Hey.. I know you wouldn't call me without any reason. What's up?"

"Remember what you told me when Key and I visited Daegu?"

"Yeah. I remember it crystal clear. How long have you two been doing the show?"

"Well, we are past 3 months already. Hmm, around 3mos. and 2 weeks I guess. Sorry, I lost track. I don't really like counting."

"Before that, what do you want to order?"

"I'll just have iced tea please." "I'll have what she'll have."

"So, you don't like counting? Is it because you don't wish for it to end?"

"Not really unnie. I am aware it has to end sooner or later. But I didn't realize that time would pass by so quickly."

"The weather these is really unpredictable isn't it Amber?"

"Huh? The weather? Yeah. It's always sunny in the morning but rainy mid day."

"Just like the weather, love can be really unpredictable. You'll never know when it'll strike. You've fallen for Kibum, haven't you?"

"I'll be lying to myself and to you if I said no."

"Have you told him?"

"I'm not sure if I have to. I'm scared that he might not be feeling the same way. I'm scared that I'm the only one indulging myself in our situation. Besides, we only almost 2 months left before this virtual marriage ends. The uncertainty of not being in a sure couple like situation is daunting me."

"Is it because of your upcoming Japanese debut? How are things?"

"Well, we've been receiving Japanese lessons recently. Key has also been tutoring me since he's quite good at it. He's quite multilingual I must say."

"What's life without risks Amber? Boring right?"

"Yeah. But I can't find the right time to actually tell him." 

As Amber was talking Key's siste received a text message. It said:

"Monster unnie, SOS.

--Kibongbong"

She smiled. As Amber finished what she was saying she lied that she had to go back to work because of an emergency but apparently she was just going to meet Key.

"Uh, Amber. I'm really sorry. I've got to go. It's work. There's been an emergency. Uhm, are you free for tonight? Allow me to make it up to you by treating you? Please?"

"Ohh, Okay unnie. Sure. I'll just text Key oppa. Bye. Thank you!"

"Bye!"

-----------

Key's sister hurriedly drove to a park near a TV station. Key cautiously left SHINee to talk to her.

"What is it now?" Key's sister said as she was panting.

"What took you so long?"

"I went here as fast as I could okay? It's hard running in heels you know? Now spill it!"

"It's Amber. I think I've fallen for her."

"Wow, that's a first."

"Jah! Would you just let me finish first."

"I'm just kidding. Go!"

"I am certain of it. I really have feelings for Amber now unnie. But I'm scared that she might not feel the same.  Besides I can't find the appropriate time to actually tell her."

Key's sister then devised a plan. "Hey Kibum, are you free tonight? Can we just continue this talk at a restaurant? Come on. My treat. It's just really urgent I have to go back to work."

"I no longer have a schedule but Amber would be all alone."

"I'll be the one to text her I bet she won't mind. Wear something decent and less attention catching. I wouldn't want a mob of your fans attack us."

"Okay. Fine. See you."

"Bye!"

---------

Key's sister then made a reservation for a two at a pretty neat restaurant. She texted both Key and Amber.

To: Amber
From: Unnie

Amber! I'll be at the restaurant at around 7.00pm please come around at that time. See you!

 

To: Kibongbong
From: Unnie

Hey! I'll be arriving at 6.30! I don't like tardniness. Come on time. See yah!

---------

It was 6.30pm and Key arrived. But he was surprised that his sister wasn't there yet.

"Mwo? She's not yet here? Err. And she's the one who said who hates tardiness."

7.00pm came and Amber arrived. Her eyes widened when she saw Key. She thought why Key would be there.

"Hey there oppa."

"Amber! Woah. Hey. What are you doing here?"

"I was supposed to meet up with your sister."

"Really??? I was supposed to meet up with her here as well." 

Both of them then received a text message.

"Now's the time! Have fun..-Unnie"

"Aigoo. She set us up." Key said.

-------

It was weird. They didn't have anything to talk about but both of them saw this as the perfect opportunity to tell each other how they really feel.

"Uhmm. Amber."

"Oppa, I.."

Both of them spoke at the same time.

"You first oppa. Be a gentleman." Amber said as she giggled.

"Amber, these past 3mos. that we've been together had been some of the most amazing days of my life. I want to thank you for making it so colorful. You brought out a manly side of me I barely show people. Amber, I.."

"Yes, oppa?"

"I.. I.. I love you Amber. I love you not just as a friend but as a woman." Key blurted as he closed his eyes. As he opened them he saw Amber crying.

"Oppa, I'm.."

"Omo. It's okay. You don't have to force yourself. I just think and believe you have to know since we are working together."

"Pabo! It's not that. I'm really happy oppa. I love you too!"

Key then held Amber's hand. "What do you say? Let's go home? I could cook better."

"Nah. I don't feel like eating your food. Let's go to the park instead."

"Okay."

Both of them just walked their way to the park with their hands held together. They didn't really care if people could see them and would be taking pictures.

----------

As they finished enjoying the happy atmosphere at the park. They decided to walk home. But then, it started raining.

"Woah! It's raining. We better hurry!"

They ran as fast as they could. They were drenched when they arrived home. Key lit the fireplace near their living room as Amber changed her clothes.

When both of them had changed already. They sat by the fireplace as they enjoyed warm cups of coffee.

"This would've been better if we are drinking bubble tea." Amber said.

"Stop complaining." Key answered.

"So, oppa. What you said? Do you really.."

"Stop asking questions. I feel embarrased." Key said as he was blushing.

"I just need proof. That's all."

"Proof?! You want proof? Fine. Stand up."

"Huh! What?"

"Stand up. Close your eyes."

"What are you going to do?! Hey."

Key cupped Amber face and he immediately leaned in. His heart was racing. Her heart was beating rapidly.

Key planted his lips on Amber's.

It was warm. The cold rain outside can't be felt. The warmth of the fire is no match to the warmth of that kiss. It wasn't really long. But it felt like forever. As they parted. They both whispered

"I love you.."

And they kissed once more. And parted it with smiles, laughs and hugs.

They then both took their handphones and texted.

To: Unnie
From: Key/Amber

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOHOHO.. CHU CHU CHU.. Stay tuned. What will happen next now that they know how they feel for each other? cool