Gray

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I reached home with a disheveled appearance and hair like a bird nest, I was reluctant to tell my parents anything. I know they would be worried; since I was really late in coming back home because I made it clear I would be gone for ten minutes tops. But it's been nearly forty minutes and I know my appearance would make my parents worry.


What should I tell them anyway? That Baekhyun, whom I tried to defend ever since he was here actually tried to kill me? That he has no conscious, just like how they told me? I know they were mature enough not to rub it in my face, but I didn't want to see the disappointment in their eyes, I don't want them to believe Baekhyun was broken beyond repair. I’m sure they would take him from me – and the new card – and lock them away. I'm positive I would never be given another opportunity to obtaining cards. I didn't want to tell them about the new card too; because if the card was a five star as well, I wasn't sure if he would be different than Baekhyun or not.

 

“Honey, what happened to you?” I didn't realize I was already home and standing blankly in front of the living room until my father called out to me from his position on the couch. He was frowning, I noticed; even if I didn't look at him to know. I didn't want to look at him, because I know I might break down if only I strained my head in his direction. The memory of me possibly getting murdered was still ringing in my head, and I don't  know if I ever would let it go.

 

“Nothing dad, I just fell.” And then I rushed up to my room before he realizes I was lying, and that the tremble in my tone was more than just exhaustion. I knew his eyes were on me even if I ascended the stairs, they were practically boring holes into my back. I didn't dare look back at him, and closed the door of my room gently to not rise suspicion.


I slumped on my bed the moment I reached it, and flung the two cards in my pocket away in some corner in the room. I wasn't in the mood for them; I wasn't in the mood for anything. Baekhyun was going to kill me, the thought kept ringing in my head vividly, and I’m not sure it will disappear soon. He had taken a hold of my neck and squeezed. He was the boy I trusted, even if he didn't trust me back, he was going to kill me with his bare hands, I was lucky to bond with him in the right time; or I would have been a goner. 


Something glowed from the side of my room, and when I peeked my eyes open, I caught the new card glinting by the sun rays reflecting upon it. It definitely piqued my interest; especially when the card looked suspiciously similar to Baekhyun's. I mean my parents never mentioned anything about decks before. I'm sure cards that are the same color and design are in a similar deck. Are there even decks in the Wielding society? My interest gnawed at me from inside, and even though I wasn't in such a mood; I thought why not? I mean whoever was inside can't possibly be like Baekhyun can they?


I found myself rising from my bed and trudging towards the card in a drunken state, head still hazy with murderous thoughts. I picked up the silver card, and flipped it over Barrier of air it read, and under it there were five golden stars. There was no name before the stars, and I sighed. ‘Figures..’ I thought with annoyance bubbling in my heart that made me halt. Even after what happened today, I still have hope for them?


I walked back to my drawer and wondered if I have something I could pierce my finger with to blood bond with this card, hoping, no praying; he wouldn't turn out like Baekhyun. I found a bunch of sewing needles and took the closest one (why is there sewing needles in my drawer?) I took a deep breath, calming my accelerated heartbeats because I can't hurt myself willingly without being insane. I tried to calm my breathing, closing my eyes so I wouldn't have to look down at myself while doing the deed. I winced a little when I punctured my skin, and there was a small amount of bearable pain as I felt warm liquid fall down to my nail and down to the floor in drops form. I looked down at the wound, feeling amazed of how small the wound was, and how big the amount of blood, absolute opposite. Then I took the card and let the blood dribble on it.


There was a glow of fair silver hue for a minute, and I could see the vines and leaves unlocking themselves from around the vortex before they disappear. The dark colors turned faint until they were bluish gray, while the vortex itself was white. I watched the transformation with slight awe, since I couldn't see Baekhyun's before. There was a sudden amount of silence before a tall boy materialize in front of me in a whirl of gray rays. There was a gush of air with his appearance, a strong gush that made me take two steps backwards. I figured this was his ability, since it was stated on his card that he was an air barrier. When the air was gone and everything turned normal, I dared to open my eyes and examine him.


This boy was tall, ridiculously tall. His hair was gray in color, almost white. He had a sharp jawline (jawline to die for) and his eyes were squinted, boring holes into me. I could see a smear of gray in his eyes, but it was gone as soon as I noticed, and what remained were a pair of dark eyes. He was pale in general, but I think when he saw me; he got paler. To be honest I was in slight awe with his physique to notice the weird outfit he was wearing. His nose was sharp, and he was probably more muscular than Baekhyun. I knew my jaw was already hanging, and it probably hung even lower when this boy smirked.


“Master,” he spoke, tone velvety and husky that made me shudder. “You are my master.. right?” There was uncertainty in his tone, and his eyebrows met in the middle. I was in fact; glad that he was showing emotions better than Baekhyun, even if they weren't pleasant ones. I found myself taking extra steps toward him, even though I did have control over my legs. It felt like they had a mind of their own, and I couldn't exactly stop them from moving. I wanted to stop, honestly; but I didn't want to as well.


Then, I found myself wrapping my arms around his waist, my head titled to the side and cheek pressed to his toned chest. He stiffened, momentarily; before he relaxed – or pretended to relax – I found my mouth opening involuntarily, and saying things I couldn't stop. “I’m Hani, and I’m going to treat you well,” Just please don't try to kill me, I found myself completing what I wanted to say out loud in my head, and I could feel the boy stiffen yet again, this time he didn't pretend to relax.

 

“M-master..?” He called out, and I only squeezed him in my embrace, my tears unconsciously welling in my eyes and falling down to my cheeks. It seems that only now my mind knew of the happenings of before, it seems that only now my mind digested the fact I was this close to dying, I was this close to perish, and it reacted by releasing moisture down my cheeks. There was so little time between my soul leaving my body, and my bonding with Baekhyun. What would have happened if I died? What would have happened to my parents? My friends? My entire life? I would have left everything behind. I didn't want to die I realized, I never wanted to die. This thought brought fear to my chest, and I found myself crying on my new warrior’s chest.


                                       ***


I reached for a cold coke from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter