Aqua - Part Two Final

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were currently on the rooftop of the dorms building, after rushing out of the teacher's dorm – who didn't bother chasing behind us, which was very weird for me to be honest – we had all settled down on the white floor and panted to death. It was rather funny how we all jogged over to the rooftop, trying in the same time to muffle the sounds of our feet.


I literally collapsed on Sehun’s side, and the boy was breathing harshly himself to notice my weight on him. The stairs were no joke, and the levels this building had were more than what I’m used to. Apparently, the boys weren't in shape as well, and the fact that my energy is dropping was making their energy drop as well.


After a whole minute in trying to stabilize my breathing, I finally took out Suho's card and frowned so hard at the five stars. The boys must’ve realized my silence, as they all looked at me in the same time. I couldn't help but glare at Suho, and the boy had the audacity to smile sheepishly. I guided my eyes to all of the boys, and they all seemed to avoid my stare. I realized at that moment, that they were all traitors. I was this close to throwing Suho’s card in his face.


“Get off~” Sehun realized that I was leaning on him and pushed me off, whining with half-closed eyes as he dropped his head on the floor lazily, pretending to sleep. I rolled my eyes at him, knowing that this was his method to cancel his participation in the upcoming conversation. I dragged my eyes to Suho again, and this time he avoided my gaze while fiddling with his fingers.


“Care to explain? You four-ranked warrior?” my tone must’ve been oozing with sarcasm, as all of the boys chuckled nervously, even Baekhyun himself.

“Fine,” Suho annoyingly rolled his eyes when he realized this was a conversation he couldn't drag out further anymore, and I was glad, because I was burning with curiosity, my head buzzing with unanswered questions.


“I was actually a four ranked warrior with the teacher, before you bonded with me,”


“Elaborate,” I rolled my eyes at his curt explanation, even though I'm starting to burn with excitement from within.


“Well, are you familiar with our history, Hani?”


“No, genius, I thought Sehun had established how clueless I was already,” I rolled my eyes again, and I can see them all gulp their saliva. I could even hear Xiumin mutter, ‘She's angry alright,’ to Baekhyun, who’s left eye twitched between something close to suppressed laughter, and horror.


“Alrighty,” Suho sighed with a pursed smile. “I’ll give you a small summary then.”

“That would be great, thanks,” I rolled my eyes again, and there was a small snicker that I was sure came from Sehun, that jerk found joy in the smallest things, mostly evil small things.


“Before any of this happened, three hundred years ago, there was a sudden rain of hundreds upon thousands of cards from the sky, and only few people from around the world could see them. That's how the Wielding society was created. Anyways, before all of that, there were a few selective, um, people that were chosen to be the first. There was a witch, you see, a girl witch. She suddenly decided she had this beautiful idea that she would want to see if it would work and she chose a handful of people to be the subjects of her experiment, and I was one of them. When I was created, I had this strange ability to adapt to any Wielder’s rank. Meaning, if a first rank had found me, I would be a first rank, if a third or second rank bonded with me, I would be like them.”

“And if a fourth rank found you, you would be fourth..” I trailed off, and Suho nodded at me. My eyes widening in absolute astonishment and surprise. Honestly, I didn't expect this background story of their creation, since I didn't know witches existed at all, but obviously, I was in the dark about a lot of things.


“I was the very first card to ever exist, and I had abilities beyond any other card. Sometimes, it's to my advantage, and sometimes, they are not.”


“That's why Suho wasn't seen in over fifty years. He is good at hiding himself from the weak Wielders, the power he possess could be shown whether the Wielder is weak, or strong,” Xiumin explained this time, his eyes distant. He always seems to drown in a sea of his own memories and thoughts when he talks about something personal, and the look in his eyes was so sad and lonely, it made me uneasy.


“You're strong,” I commented, something edgy and fearful in my tone, which Suho only nodded at me with strange, pained eyes, like he didn't like the fact that he was strong.


“Very strong,” Xiumin added, a small smile blooming on his face which he directed to Suho, who accepted it with a similar one.


“The teacher knew about this the moment he laid eyes on me, which is why he had made a small pact with me. He would have me in his position of cards, and I would get my freedom, like a normal person. But, freedom is such a strong word,” Suho paused to stare at me, his eyebrows furrowing a little as he did so. I suddenly found myself self-conscious, and Suho's stare wasn't putting me at ease.


“I didn't know the true meaning of freedom until I met you, Hani, until I met my friends and saw them in a new shade I haven't thought I would ever see them in anymore. You were different, and I started to follow you around, wondering why you showed the aura you showed, why you were acting with my friends the way you acted. And I knew then, that you were so heartbreakingly clueless about this world and how it functions,” and before I could even grow annoyed at how little they saw me, Suho took my hands in his hold, the furrowing of his eyebrows never ceasing.


“You see, Hani. It struck me like lightning that the way you were was maybe because it was all meant to be. You were meant to be the girl you are today, and maybe if you had known how this society works, you wouldn't have grown to be like this, so pure and secured from tainting. It may seem cheesy to you, but I think there is a purpose, a higher power that made you like this, to be our last salvation.”


“What.. what do you mean?” I was starting to get scared by Suho’s words, and I didn't miss the flinching of the boys around me as well. Suho’s words were like the law, they were filled with confidence and knowledge that you simply cannot twist or ignore, and I felt them sewn inside me the minute they were given.


“Hani, my brothers and I.. we are different from the normal cards everyone else possess. Everyone here knows about us, but not how to attain us. The teacher obviously knew that we are the cards everyone talks about the moment you were around, because unlike normal cards, we emit a certain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter