Lapis

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After reading this chapter, do tell me if you think my writing style had changed in exhange of the first chapters of this story, because I think it did, humongously ^*^


I stared at the guys as they talked amongst themselves on a very silly subject. They all wanted to ride a different attraction and none of them set their minds on stone. Jongin and Sehun opposed to the haunted house, the game Chanyeol so eagerly wanted to play. Actually, none of them really wanted to try the haunted house, but because of Chanyeol, they were ready to shut their mouths and just.. play. Apparently, Jongin and Sehun didn't find it in them to uphold such choice and voiced out their disagreement. That made all of the boys to scatter and dump Chanyeol alone, whom was pouting now.

I giggled at his adorably shaped lips, and how he was folding his arms over his chest while judgmentally shifting his eyes from a boy to another, pausing to shoot a laser-like glare towards the two trouble makers who ruined his plans.

Kris, whom stood long and awkward like a sore thumb, stayed silent, only occasionally pursing his lips in displeasure if one of the boys misbehaved or raised their voices. Somehow, his tall figure looming over all of them, gave out a menacing look to him, making him look bolder, meaner, and more evil to outsiders, even if he appeared like a kitten to me. It bothered me how some pedestrians kept shooting him freaked out stares, because he was that tall. The aura he was radiating wasn't exactly friendly either, shadowed by aloofness and blankness. But still, he didn't deserve an ounce of the stares he was attracting, because none of those judgmental asses knew him. Even I, didn't know him that well.

With my stare still lingering on him (I was aware of the severe possibility that he could indeed, sense me) I heard Jongdae mumble.

“I would like to ride the Ferries wheel,” but that was still only a mumble, as none of the boys payed him any mind. I was standing close to him, and I was able to hear his incoherent mumbles. His words made an idea light up in my head.

“Jongdae and I would go to the Ferries wheel!” I exclaimed to catch all of their attentions, even the said guy, and when they all stopped talking to eye us with confusion, I took the chance to loop my arm through Jongdae’s. “I already made up my mind, so you don't get to change it. You all go in pairs and experience the ride you want. We’ll meet here after that and go to the haunted house. All of us,” I made sure to stress that while looking at Jongin and Sehun, whom automatically pouted at me. But then so suddenly, Sehun’s entire face lit up in realization.

“I want to go to the Ferries wheel too!” then, he nudged Jongin somewhat discreetly. I still saw, and I narrowed my eyes at them. “Right Jongin?"

“Right,” Jongin pretended to cough, and that earned him a glare from a not so amused Kyungsoo. The latter ignored him wholeheartedly, blinking his black jewels-like eyes at me beautifully.

“Uh-huh,” I gave the two trouble makers a look. “Because the roller coaster you two were discussing about seconds ago is so suddenly uninteresting.”

“Just admit it,” Jongdae, having caught up to the teasing tone in my voice, played along, squeezing my arm in his. “You just want to tag along with Hani and I, because you sore-losers can't stand the fact Hani adores me more than you two.”

While his playful statement was just that, playful, it still made color burst into my cheeks, my heart racing, and even though Jongin and Sehun knew he was poking fun at them, their facial expressions still shifted into annoyed ones. It was hilarious.

“You wish. Hani found us before you, she still doesn't know you well to like you, you sly fox,” Sehun begrudgingly said, giving Jongdae a glare. The older guy was mature enough not to return the look, but I was quite offended with what Sehun just said.

“That's not true,” I pointed my eyes at both Sehun and Jongin, a little serious. “I know what kind of a person Jongdae is and I really do adore him. Don't say such false statements like this again.”

“In a more vulgar language,” Kyungsoo, finding joy in what the three of us were talking about, interfered, a smug look appearing on his face that egged Sehun the most. “Shut your holes and act like ing grown ups you -wipes.”

“Hey, you,” I pointed at Kyungsoo. “No need to use vulgar language. I think my words are very understandable.”

“It's more fun that way. What do you know?” he groaned, taking his partner, Baekhyun, by the arm, and then moving away to ride their attraction, snatching Sehun’s bubble tea while he was at it and ignoring Sehun’s verbal anger at his stolen property. Rolling my eyes at him, I wondered if he too, needed to grow up.

-


“How long will we be waiting?”

I heard Jongdae ask, and I averted my look from the line in front of me to stare at Jongdae, whom was beside me, our arms still locked to one another. I registered his words in my head, and pulled out a sour face. The line in front of the Ferries Wheel was a little long and neither of us were too fond of waiting.

“I don't know,” I craned my neck to see further ahead, where the line started, and pulled a small smile. “It's moving quickly, and we will be on the ride in no time.”

“So..,” Jongdae pretended to look away while saying that, poking his tongue inside his left cheek. I looked at him a little oddly. “What's the real reason you wanted to come with me on this attraction?”

Busted.

I tried to act oblivious, like I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I widened my eyes and pursed my lips, showing nonchalance and innocence that I hoped worked out for my favor. You see, Jongdae was highly intelligent, and I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. He was immediately capable of catching up to my scheme, and gave me a look filled with annoyance. Even his lips were pursed in absolute disinterest with my ploy.

“Really, Hani? You think I’m wasn't aware of the winning expression that spread on your face when you successfully pulled me away from the rest? You were radiating, it was really hard not to take attention of. I’m pretty sure the boys were aware of it too, which is why they let you take me so easily. They probably thought you wanted to talk to me.”

Wow, not only did he say too much in one sentence (which I liked very much. Hearing his voice for a long time was igniting comfort within me, and his voice naturally held a soothing sensation to it) but also because he was aware of the game I was pulling. I found myself slouching, pouting, and breaking Jongdae’s grip around my arm begrudgingly.

“Darn you. I can't hide anything around you, can I?” I gave him a pitiful look, hoping he would fall for, but he only smiled, the corner of his lips lifting up to reveal a smile I so loved.

“You really can't.”

“Fine, I’ll tell you,” I continued my pitiful act while jutting my lips, and Jongdae had the audacity to chuckle at me and ruffle my hair. “I just wanted to know your bizarre relationship with Jongin,” at that, Jongdae’s entire body stiffened, and he looked so terrified as if I just er punched him in the gut.

“You noticed?” he sighed in a helpless way, his eyes turning droopy, and his hand going up to palm his face. I smiled a little sympathetic, moving forward at the same time when the line moved.

“I did,” I nodded my head. “It's hard not to notice. You two have an awkward pair of eyes whenever you look at each other, and Jongin always looks ready to bolt away.”

“Sounds like Jongin,” Jongdae sighed, before pointing at the Ferries Wheel with a pair of sad eyes. “Can we wait for this conversation until we are on the carriage?”

I nodded, and so we did. We waited until the line dispersed, and our time had came. We sat beside one another, our knees touching, and I realized only then that the weather was getting slightly colder than usual. I hadn't brought a jacket or anything warm for that matter, and Jongdae hadn't as well. I wondered silently as a worker buckled us up, if we’d need to be wrapped up in comfortable and warm clothes as we ascend.

Jongdae let out a soft gasp of awe once we were hanging up, pressing his head to the glass and eyeing the wonder of the sky that was happening just outside our carriage. Now that I was practically glued up to his side, sitting down, I could see the differences between our body. Jongdae was obviously larger, with squared shoulders and manly legs (although they were incredibly thin, as if he were malnourished) and I, despite the inconvenience in saying this, felt well-protected in his presence.

“Jongin and I are half-siblings,” he surprised me so suddenly by saying that, straightening himself away from the glass panel and eyeing me with a somber, yet serious expression. I sensed the atmosphere growing tenser than before and clasped my legs close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter