Chocolate

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I walked out of the class with my head in the clouds. My mind was swirling with different possibilities because what were the odds Joonmyeon is – was – actually the witch’s nephew? I wasn't good in history in general because I simply didn't care about past occurrences, and I don't really know anything about the card Wielders’s past at all, so I couldn't tell if the story was a big bull some students liked to spew, or it's actually true and recorded in history. Though the girl in class had claimed a lot of Wielders didn't believe in that theory.


“I’m sure that most of you know of this story as it's passed by family members, the story of the sudden burst of light that had happened three hundred years ago in the middle of Seoul, South Korea. There were a lot of people who claimed the burst of light as a myth; because no one could see it, except a selected few. Those who did see the burst of light are called Wielders now, and they were the only ones who could Wield and call out the warriors inside the cards; whom once were humans. That’s where the term Wielders came from. Of course at first; Warriors were terrifying to those who could attain them, because they had powers beyond us, but after heavy studies and obvious symptoms, it was discovered that Warriors were actually connected in an unfair bond with their Wielders where Wielders could and can have the upper hand in their relationship, which is connected to the messed up magic the witch had casted due to her inexperience. As most of you can see; the balance was tipped and Warriors were treated like dirt, because Wielders could harm them while vice versa is not possible..”


I could hear the words the history teacher had explained echoing dumbly in my head, and I didn't snap out of my reverie until I realized students were emerging out from their classes and crowding the hallways, hoping to escape the hell-hole called school and maybe sleep the rest of the day away. I glanced around me with dazed eyes, and I caught sight of Lisa standing in front of the chocolate-colored lockers talking with the Aura Adaptation teacher with a frown on her face.

Wait.

My eyes widened. Why was the teacher talking with Lisa? And why was he patting her gently on the head? What's their relationship? Lisa must have felt my drilling stare on her head because suddenly she looked at me with a glare. I awkwardly smiled and waved my hands at her direction. She only glared harder, meaner and fiercer, but all I could focus on that minute was the Aura Adaptation noticing my presence.

Dread filled my body at the tense look. A usual reaction from me because of his looks. I felt like turning to goo and evaporate into air, but I held my stance and approached him, desperately in need of answers of my many questions revolving him.

“Can I have a word with you?” I stated, and Lisa shifted her eyes from the Aura Adaptation teacher to me.

“Okay. Follow me,” the teacher said, looking nervous; and he shot Lisa another final look before strutting away from the locker area and taking a sharp turn to the teacher’s office room. I glanced at Lisa one last time, giving her a timid smile which she didn't return, and walked behind the teacher. I have no idea why Lisa despised me, because last time I remember; she was the one acting like a complete, unapproachable jerk.

I guided my eyes around me in the stuffy room of the teachers, and I noticed that there was no one around beside the handsome, Aura Adaptation teacher, and he sat in his chair in the corner with a grimace on his face. He opened his mouth to speak, but I raised my hand fast enough to stop him, feeling a little impolite because he’s still my teacher, despite his nonchalant act and young age.

“Actually, I came here to talk about Joonm—I mean, Suho. Why did you give his card to me so easily?” I went straight to the point, knowing that he and I already are aware of what I wanted to know. The teacher sighed heavily, rubbing his eyes tiredly like the entire world’s problems are resting on his shoulders, and for a minute there; I felt sympathetic, because I realized I didn't know anything about this man – guy, boy, I don't even know how to address him, whatever his name is. I knew nothing about him and honestly, shamelessly admitting here; I don't care.

“I just returned him to his deck, which now; you own.”

“I don't own them,” I snapped almost immediately, and there was a curve in his lips that was downright awful. I decided I did not like this teacher at all.

“Admitting it or not, it doesn't change that you; in fact, own them with a special bond. They would do anything for you if you wanted, and that's ownership.”

“Look,” I didn't like the way he spoke. “I didn't come here to discuss ownership with you, nor do I care about your views about this particular subject,” I took a deep breath to mask my growing annoyance. “I just want to know why you willingly gave Suho to me, when you and I both know you are aware of what kind of a deck I have. It's like, you’re giving up on something really, really expensive to a child.”

“Do you realize you just made Suho seem as an object?” the teacher grinned, and it was more like a smirk, a taunting one that was starting to set myself on fire. I flared my nose at him angrily, because we both knew I was only giving him an example.

“Would you please stop playing around the bushes and answer the damn question?” I snapped yet again, my hand unconsciously reaching for the single Aqua colored card in my blazer’s pocket. The teacher grinned again, swiveling his chair around and giving me his back, while he pretended to write something on a piece of paper I was sure was previously garbage.

“What do you mean why I gave his card to you? He’s a marvelous card and I wouldn't have given him up that easily.”


“But you haven't put up a fight for him, not at all,” I was confused, and it's always very obvious when I’m confused. The teacher sighed, looking at me from the corner of his eyes; and I started to hate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter