Brown

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                 

I looked beside me at the girl, who was walking around with a hunched head and bent physique. It was almost painful to watch her walk like that, since she didn't strike me as the cold, shy introvert. But then again; I kept reminding myself, I didn't really know what kind of a girl Hani is.


Ever since her parents dropped her off in this school and bid their goodbyes, she had become this rare version of herself. I looked beside her at Baekhyun hyung, who was just simply walking without an expression on his face; but I wasn't an idiot, I could see the sneaky glances he tried to steal of her without her realizing. I wondered why Baekhyun hyung became the person he is today. When I knew him in the past, he was rather cheerful and much less depressing. I still hadn't had a proper conversation with the boy, since we weren't given the chance to interact with each other the moment he was released.


After her mother and father went home, Hani let us out of our cards – that hideous place – and made us walk alongside her. When we stopped at the librarian and Hani gave the old woman behind the counter the ripped piece of paper from the principle, she was given all of her necessities from a school uniform and locker key to other stuff I did not care about. I noticed the librarian’s constant stares at my brother and I, and after all those years she is still the exact same person who was here all along. I wondered if she recognized us, as her stare was filled with terror and slight respect. I couldn't help but smirk and tilt my head, intimidating her with my stare.


I traveled my eyes at Baekhyun, and I noticed the same look of recognition and nausea in his expression. I wanted to roll my eyes, because Baekhyun never liked this place at all. To be frank, none of us liked this place at all, it brings bad memories. They claim this as an educational institute, but it's far from being educational. I glanced around me in boredom as we walked toward the third building, where the dorms were located at. I memorized the road like the palm of my hands, but I wasn't about to help Hani figure things out.


I sneaked a look at her while walking, finding her trying so hard to ignore the ignorant murmurs of the lingering students and the blank faces the warriors were sending her. I could almost swear some of the warriors widened their eyes when I locked mine with them, I could almost feel the pride burning and bubbling within me. I couldn't help being a five star ranked warrior that so many feared. Warriors can feel each other’s strength and ability by a single stare, unlike those stupid Wielders who don't know anything at all.


I felt her hand clutching on my exposed wrist, and when I snapped my head at her with a withering glare; I found her looking around her with twitching eyes filled with fright. My heart softened a little, because this is the same girl who had tried listening to me; and despite my actions to her, she kept on holding onto me and acting like nothing bad had happened. But then; I don't know why I shrugged her off of me with a painful jerk, making her look up at me with her brown eyes and furrowed eyebrows, filled with questioning. I rolled my eyes at her, rubbing on my wrist like it was infected. She realized what she had done, and looked away from me with burning cheeks. I wanted to smack her at the idiocy, because who blushes when someone pushes you away? I caught her sneaking some peeks at Baekhyun, and when I looked at him as well, he was simply staring at the ground with no expression visible.


“We have been here for a long time now.. Where is 3421?” I heard Hani mumble from beside me, and this time I didn't bother looking back at her or anything. I can literally detect the annoyance in that small body of hers. I cannot believe she is a Wielder with a five star rank when she looks like a toddler. When I first saw her; I thought it was some kind of sick joke, and that she’s definitely not the master I had thought of. She looked weak, too weak in fact. I wondered before if she could at least fight, but when that pathetic excuse of a man held her and shook her around; I was confirmed. That girl could not fight. At first I was surprised, because in all of my years being a warrior; all Wielders I’ve met were good at hand to hand combat, it's almost necessary to be good at martial arts to keep away from danger. But then I could understand; she had been a normal girl, she had never known there were beings like us in the world. She was inexperienced, clumsy, and most importantly stupid. I was definitely worried about her as a person, and I still am. She was weak both physically and emotionally. I mean who would exactly treat us the way she does after everything that has been done? I mean I don't know what happened with Baekhyun hyung; but the way he acts seemed a little gentle; yet cruel. And I know something must have happened with them.


“Aha!” My mind drifted back to the girl who suddenly exclaimed in happiness. Oh, she finally found her dorm. “Room 3421!! Found you!” she squealed like the stupid girl she is and marched inside the room with stomping feet. I was about to follow her boringly, when Baekhyun caught a hold of my wrist and pulled me backward.


I gave him a look, and he looked like he had a lot of things to say. His face looked troubled, but knowing as well, and I found myself gulping my saliva hesitantly. “What did you say to Hani?” now that was a question I knew he would ask sooner or later.


“Nothing. Just the truth,” I said, gently retrieving my hand from his grip. He glared at me, and despite the menacing look he was giving me, I knew he didn't mean harm. “Sehun,” he threatened by my name, and I knew I couldn't walk away from him.


“Fine.. I might have tweaked the truth a little,” I admitted, rolling my eyes at him because why does he even care.


“What did you say Sehun,” his bold statement made me shudder, really.


“About Six ranked warriors and Wielders?” I uneasily spoke because when Baekhyun becomes angry, he gets scary.


“You know the others won't be happy about this,” I snapped my head at him immediately at his words, and I found my throat turning dry. “You think.. She’ll actually get the rest of us?”


“She got you, didn't she?” Oh my god. I found my entire body shaking from the statement Baekhyun had said. I mean I’ve never really thought about it before; but none of the old Wielders could have two of us together; and if they did, it means they are very strong. Looking at Hani, she doesn't look strong in the slightest, or have a small amount of strength. But she had Baekhyun, and she has me now too. Could it possibly be? I stared at Baekhyun with terror-stricken eyes, and Baekhyun's eyes held similar discomfort and fear. Then I asked him the question I have always been wanting to say, and for the first time in many decades; I showed that single feeling that I did not like one single bit. Fear.


“Do we trust her?” Then, Baekhyun hyung looked at the said girl inside the room, who was currently jumping on the bed of her room with a squeal, and there was a noticeable twitch of his lips that mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter