Rosewood

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae's POV

We were staring wide eyed at the scene that is currently happening in front of us. Hani had taken the three cards that Kyungsoo had dug up, cradling them in her hands like precious little gems. The three cards were varying in color. One of them was pink, a deep shade of rosewood surrounding the edges and giving it an ethereal aura. It was a card I knew very well, and knew the consequences that came along with it.

“You should bond with this one,” Sehun, whom was crawling next to her excitedly, said, pointing at the hot pink card in her hands. I found myself hiding my urge to roll my eyes. It was obvious Sehun would have chosen that card. “And then you can bond with the others.”

“Okay,” Hani agreed quietly, before fixing her position on the floor Indian style. Sehun was quick to sit beside her, trying to hide his growing smile with his hands. Kyungsoo was curious too, and he didn't hesitate to hide his feelings and crawled closer to them before leaning beside Sehun. The rest soon crowded around her, all of them showing curiosity and excitement, especially because none has been able to collect all of us so easily. Hani mother’s words were still ringing inside my head, and how Hani was a card magnet. Not only that, she had been a magnet for us, the twelve greatest cards, and she had been able to attain us all.

Why?

Shaking my head, I followed the last boy – Kai – and sat beside him silently, watching. I had been the last card she had attained thus far, and I was excited as well to see her gaining the remaining three whom we all were familiar with. I found my heart pounding in thriller, and gulped to ease myself. Jongin shot me a nervous stare when I sat beside him (a stare in which I was pretty much used to by now) I couldn't really blame him. I had been the reason our relationship turned out to be like this, with him getting jittery and uncomfortable around me thinking I had not accepted him – which isn't true at all. I had accepted whatever happened to us a long time ago, and I had never once blamed him. I was just a little awkward around him. He had been everything I was not.

“A little help, please?” Hani lifted one of her fingers sheepishly, her eyes twinkling in a well-hidden mischief and joy just as much as we were all feeling. She didn't seem to mind that her parents had hid her cards from her anymore, and that made me glad for a reason. The fact she didn't hold grudges so long made me smile.

“Sure,” Xiumin hyung smirked a little naughtily, before creating a sharp ice needle that he handed to her easily. Hani accepted it gratefully and easily pricked her finger with it.

Blood started oozing out of her finger and she was quick to smear it down the pink card, a smile growing on her face almost immediately. A puff of smoke evaporated from her hands, traveling all the way to the middle of the circle we found ourselves making. A boy we all know so well appeared, and once he had his eyes on us, he blinked.

“Oh,” he let out, his eyes finally landing on Hani and letting the corner of his lips curl into a small smile. “Well, that surely did take a while.”

What?

I (and the rest, surely) turned to give Hani a confused look. I saw the exact same look crossing my face on her face, before she lit up like Christmas lights. She pounced up on her legs, and in seconds like lightning, she was hugging the daylight out of the boy. We all widened our eyes, and I may have heard Sehun hiccuping in the immense feeling of surprise flooding him.

The boy, hyung, seemed shocked as well, and awkward. Very very awkward. He put on a nice smile nevertheless and tried to hug her back, but ended up patting her just as awkwardly as he felt. We all shared a look between each other, before Sehun bravely moved forward and separated the two away. He wrapped a protective arm around Hani’s shoulders, shooting his best friend a glare.

“Explanations please?” he looked specifically at hyung, while Hani tried to wiggle free of his grip, rendering her actions helpless when he tightened his grip more and gave her a stare. She pouted and slouched in his grip, but even then I could see the twinkle in her eyes whenever she stared at hyung.

“We used to be talki—“

“You know, this isn't how I imagined you to be,” Hani interrupted hyung’s words, and I turned to her confusedly. Noticing that, she was quick to explain herself. “You look small and young, absolutely not what I had pictured you as in my head.”

“Okay,” Sehun said before any one of us could react to her words, and I found myself blinking my eyes. “I still don't have an explanation on why you know Luhan hyung.”

“That's your name? Wow, you refused to tell me your nam—“

“Hani,” Sehun snapped, turning to her with a glare that made her sheepish expression turn into a cute pout. “What are you doing? Explain why you know Luhan hyung first before you start your blabber.”

“Actually,” Luhan raised one of his hands before Hani could open to, assumingly, snap back at Sehun, and we all turned to him. The boys were all burning with curiosity, I could easily tell that. They with masking their feelings. “I would prefer it if I explained everything rather than Hani.”

So, for the upcoming half an hour, we heard Luhan explain everything about how he was in her head during her dreams, because that was the only time her mind was vulnerable enough for him to penetrate her concentrated walls. Hani was listening as well, blinking her eyes from time to time when she came across something she didn't understand or something she didn't remember him telling her.

“You can look down at my, um, card,” Luhan hyung said once he finished explaining, and with increased heartbeats that were awakened to life, I turned to see Hani casually rising the card to her face so she could see what he exactly wanted her to say. We were all looking worried, but I know this wasn't something we could hide from her at all, especially now that we were past the trust issues (not like we could hide whatever she was about to see, because it was right there on Luhan’s card)

“I don't see anything— oh,” her face shifted into a blank expression once she came across.. the thing Luhan wanted to show her, and we all held our breath, even Luhan hyung. She blinked her eyes owlishly for an entire minute, trying to make sense of what she was currently seeing, and then her face started paling incredibly, and she lifted her eyes to us with shock written clearly in her eyes. She shifted the card for us to see and we could see what made her so surprised.

Under hyung’s fifth golden star, resided a sixth one, the color of silver.

“Um..,” Hani mumbled uncomfortably, her eyes going around all of us before falling over Luhan hyung. “You have six stars on your card.”

“Yeah..,” Luhan gulped, his small eyes going smaller as he tried to squint at the others. “I figured the rest didn't tell you, so..”

“What is the meaning of this?” Hani stuttered, turning the card in circles in her hands anxiously until she stopped at the six stars. “I mean, what does this mean? I thought there isn't a sixth star.”

“In Wielders, there isn't,” Joonmyeon hyung was quick to say before she could break down or something. The look on her face said so, at least. “But Warriors? Luhan hyung is the only one who was able to gain his sixth star.”

“Gain? What.. what does this mean..,” she mumbled absentmindedly, still fiddling with the card in her hands painfully until Kyungsoo had enough of her disturbing action and snatched the card from her hands roughly. Hani shot him a despicable glare Kyungsoo was so surprised with, and then sighing out loud, interlocking her now empty fingers together. “Would you please explain everything to me?”

“Of course, Hani, we will,” Luhan hyung quickly said, and I noticed him crawling closer to her until he was in front of her. The annoying glitter t-shirt he was wearing making me uncomfortable. I wondered how we were used to this choice of wardrobe before. I heard Luhan hyung sigh and I dragged my eyes up to his eyes instead of his t-shirt. “I was able to enhance my powers and unlock new aspects to it – like talking in people's dreams – and that carved this small star on my card,” we looked simultaneously at the silver star Luhan hyung was pointing at, even when we already know what it looked like. Seeing Luhan holding his own card in his hands (which he had taken from Kyungsoo) made an infinite boost of comfort inside me. Even though I was used to these normal things happening around Hani, I couldn't help but feel a surge of comfort and ease every single time. It was incredible.

“You see this tiny, silver star?” Luhan hyung continued to speak. “It hadn't been there, and when it started to grow, it burned like a – but that's a story for another ti—“

“No, why did it burn?” Hani interrupted insistingly, a frown taking place on her face. “I want to know everything,” that made Luhan hyung groan a little.

“Okay, since this star isn't something I was.. created with, it hurt a lot when it got branded into my card, because it didn't just end there. It had to be branded into my own soul as well, and that hurt because it wasn't originally something I should have had. Anyways, you can see it's smaller and different than the original stars, which would explain how unusual it is.”

“This is incredible..,” Hani found herself muttering, taking the card from Luhan to inspect it closer to her eyes. “Doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter