Fiery Red

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's POV


I’ve noticed the differences. How could I not? She was different than any Wielder I have ever met, and I have met a lot, even if I was owned by Rav for more than twenty years. I may be deluded if someone were to say anything, but she was different, I could see it clearly.


Even Joonmyeon hyung had told me she was – God, when was the last time I’ve pronounced his name? – she is.. kind. He had told me, yesterday when she was crying, when Xiumin hyung was yelling at her. Why would she let him yell at her? Why hasn't he been punished yet? Why is she calling them by their names? I had many questions – mostly at that moment, was when would my wounds disappear? Or would they ever leave?- they were acting differently. They were more open, more secure, more trusting. Even Sehun, I haven't seen him pout and whine in over three hundred years, and when he does, she would only smile and pat his head.


What kind of a sorcery is this?


Even though hyungs told me she was trustworthy, I was still doubtful. How can I not? I haven't heard my own name for a very long time, and I wasn't given the privileges on speaking my mind, or even smile if I wanted to. But the minute she handed me the sketchbook to write my heart’s desires – Rav never bothered to – I acknowledged the fact that this girl was definitely, utterly different.


I glanced at her through my bangs, and she smiled her pearly white smile and continued to dab on my wounds by a small cotton ball, filled with a burning liquid of cleansing. After those triplet Wielders – I have a feeling they were as bad as Rav. I’m glad that none of them were my Wielder – she dragged us all to her humongous room and sat me on her bed, after that she searched for a medical kit – which she found in the bathroom – she sat beside me and started attending to my wounds.

“Those would heal, right?” she asked no one in particular, but since Joonmyeon hyung was beside her, I concluded she was talking to him. Hyung hummed in apprehension, his eyes closed. “They're small and harmless, but they would still leave a scar as long as the card is still mutated,” hyung explained, and while I stared at Hani, concentrating hard on wiping the dry blood from my forehead, she let out a small pout that made my mouth curve unconsciously.

It's so sweet and lovely, having a mere stranger caring for you, despite your different status. She started dabbing the scars near my lips, but those were old and closed, so she only sent me a small smile before telling me to take my sweater off. Of course I blushed, heat traveling to my neck and ears, and of course I know they noticed, because Sehun snorted a laugh, and I wanted to burn his pants completely. I slowly took off my sweater – which as Baekhyun had explained before, was actually Hani’s father's belonging – and I could hear her a breath through her clenched teeth, absolutely hating the sight of my bruised and scarred body.


I wanted to speak for once, to tell her that I’m alright so that I can wipe the frown off of her face. But years of abuse and neglect had been hard on me and my voice, and I don't think I would be able to speak soon, especially that I could almost always feel a lump ascending my throat every time I open my mouth to breathe out some noise. I guess somewhere in the back of my head, there was a small limit that had been crossed, and that shut off my mental strength completely. I, perhaps; need someone to pull me out of that dangerous limit to live again.


I let out a forced wince when she pressed a little too hard on one of my fresh abdominal wounds, and she immediately jumped and started apologizing nonstop. From the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of Baekhyun rolling his eyes – wow, she was able to make the great Byun Baekhyun roll his eyes? What was she?- before he started walking towards us. He pushed her aside a little too roughly, causing her to release the medical equipment she had in her hands. He sat in her previous position in front of me and began doing her previous job. I saw Hani giving him a helpless glance before she stood up to wash her hands. I immediately sent a dagger stare to Baekhyun for being an inconsiderate , and he ignored me completely, even though I knew he was aware of my heated stares. 


What did she do to him to make him so hardheaded? I mean, he had always been a little hard to deal with ever since that incident that no one was given permission to speak about, but he seemed rougher and angrier with Hani, and the only thing she did was telling him to stop hitting a fellow Wielder. But that wasn't wrong, because Hani only wanted whats good for everyone, and I’m sure that that wasn't the reason of his extra grumpiness. While he worked on my wounds silently, I took my sketchbook that was laid beside me and started scribbling. All of them raised their heads and gave me their ultimate concentration. I’ve missed their presence around me, and seeing them all huddled gave me infinite warmth. 


“Why are you acting like an ?” 


Baekhyun scoffed at my words when he read them, and lowered his head to continue wiping the dirt and blood out of my wounds, giving me no answer. The bed dipped down from beside me, and I gave a mere glance at Sehun before glancing back at Baekhyun, waiting. Baekhyun didn't say anything, obviously, and I didn't hesitate to raise the sketchbook and smack him on his head. He winced and glared at me, but I gave my own glare.


“You're wounded, you cannot intimidate me with your flames,” he easily said, mimicking my hard glare, and I raised the sketchbook and smacked him again. Unconsciously of him, he let out a small, whimpering whine (he reminded me of a puppy) rubbing his head, and I smiled a little at the rare noise he was making. In that minute, Hani returned from her trip to the washroom, and Baekhyun cleared his throat and straightened in his place, pretending like he had made no noise at all. Hani joined Baekhyun and Joonmyeon on the bed, and she smiled at me gently before poking Baekhyun's shoulder. “Do you want me to help you? He seems to have a lot of wounds,” Baekhyun only scoffed and smacked her fingers away from his shoulder, making a shooing gesture with his hands so Hani would disappear. As rude as he was, Hani only pouted and stared at me with twinkling eyes, wondering silently for my answer.


Warmth invaded my insides, and I gently shrugged, telling her silently to let it go. She sighed and crawled backwards on her until she was resting her back on the headboard of the bed, right beside where Joonmyeon was mentally resting. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Hani. Something about her was extremely attractive. Was it her brown orbs? And how they twinkled when she talks with us? Or is it her lips? The way they curved slightly every time she laughs at something silly Sehun says? Maybe it's her personality, the great aura she herself is not aware of. Something in the back of my mind keeps bugging me, telling me the reason why I was so attracted to her was because she's a girl, a female. When was the last time I was in the presence of a girl who didn't treat me as dirt? When was the last time a girl touched me, and caressed my skin with the delicate touch of her smooth fingers? I shuddered, my whole face painting red, and I was awoken from my fantasies when Sehun easily slipped in the other side of her, resting his heavy head on her shoulder.


She didn't push him away, which was still a shock to me; and instead patted his head. Then seconds later, Joonmyeon did the same to her other shoulder, snuggling into her and wrapping his arms around her arm. He told her something, I couldn't hear it bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter