Burgundy

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At that moment, I didn't know what was happening. I only did what Chanyeol told me to do; thinking about calm thoughts and places that are meant to be my serenity – nature and beaches, if you were curious - I did just what he wanted me to do, and I even started to recall loads of happy memories with my family, but what happened next was something I didn't expect.

Something clicked in my chest, something soulful, something I couldn't coherent; but I definitely felt in a form of immense pain. Foreign pain spread in my chest, burning pain that made my lungs constrict, my breathing turning slow and wheezing. My face scrunched in pain, and I felt the natural change of weather around me, as wind picked up it's speed.


As quickly as the pain had come, it quickly disappeared, and what replaced it was a strange sense of calmness and peace. My senses buzzed, my muscles hummed in relief; and I could hear a distinct noise of a soft song playing in my ears. I felt a nibbling sensation in my fingertips, and I unconsciously wiggled my fingers apart. A strange burst of light surrounded me, and the light was so bright that I could see it through my closed eyes.


I reluctantly opened my eyes, and immediately crawled back when I saw Chanyeol's entire body surrounded by flames. Dark flames that seemed to and pounce off his skin playfully. His eyes were red, and his hair was red as well. He looked majestic, but what really caught my attention was the roaring wings made completely out of flames flapping behind his back.


I opened and closed my mouth in terror, willing myself to say something, but all that exited my throat was gibberish. Chanyeol stared at me as well, eyes wide and filled with curiosity; but most of all excitement. Seconds passed with us staring at each other with wide mouths, but then I heard loud stomps of feet and I lost concentration on Chanyeol. Suddenly then, the burst of light disappeared, and the wind returned to its normal state. Chanyeol's wings disappeared, and he was back to normal. I pouted, missing the feelings that arose from my own body; that seemed to disappear as well.


“What the hell happened?” the source of the stomps of feet appeared as Joonmyeon and the rest; and they were staring at us with curious, wide eyes. I noticed the glass box in Sehun’s hands, and couldn't help but point at it.


“Why are you holding the card box? Did something happen?”

“You tell us,” Xiumin answered, amusement and curiosity evident in his eyes. I frowned, because even I didn't know what just happened. Seeing that, Joonmyeon sighed and took the card box from Sehun’s hands and gave it to me, sitting down beside me gently on the grass.


“Suddenly, while the boys and I were talking, my card starting glowing,” Joonmyeon explained with a gentle voice, as if he’s scared I’m going to turn ballistic or something. The boys all surrounded us, and I could hear Baekhyun asking Chanyeol if he was alright.


“What do you mean glowed? Just like that?” I frowned, rotating the box of glass as if it would somehow grow a mouth and answer my question. “I have no idea, Hani. What happened with you and Chanyeol? I suddenly felt an immense impact of power,” Joonmyeon frowned, staring at Chanyeol and I, and I couldn't really answer his question because I didn't know what happened as well.


“I don't honestly know. One minute I’m meditating and the second minute I’m literally glowing. Chanyeol looked..” I trailed, raising my eyes to glance at Chanyeol with wide eyes, finding him still gaping at me with fondness and a new found respect. We were suddenly silent, staring at one another with agape mouths and heart beating in sync.


“What the hell..” Sehun muttered while glancing between Chanyeol and I. I could feel him staring at my side profile while I was busy ogling Chanyeol out.

“Chanyeol, what happened?” Joonmyeon turned his head to stare at Chanyeol, and before the boy could break out of his trance and start writing down, I opened my mouth. “Chanyeol was different.. he was literally ablaze.”


“A..ablaze?” Baekhyun creased his eyebrows, glancing at Chanyeol and staring him down. Suddenly, his eyes widened; and he whipped his head to me with similar shock in his eyes. “He’s powerful again.. and..”


“And Hani too,” Xiumin finished, turning to me with wide eyes. I glanced at them all with awkwardness, and stared at myself with confusion because I didn't feel powerful at all.

“Not like before, but you still feel different Hani, Chanyeol too. He’s not the same as before; he's even stronger than usual. What did you do? Did you unlock your aura or something? Because I definitely can feel you,” said Joonmyeon, shifting his eyes from both Chanyeol and I continuously; like he couldn't believe what he was feeling at the moment.


“Wait,” Xiumin halted Joonmyeon’s flickering eye-movement by a single statement. “You all feel a little stronger than before.”


“You too, Xiumin hyung,” Sehun completed with awe, and I stared down at my hands and wondered silently if I was the cause of that. As if sensing my silent question, Joonmyeon claimed one of my hands in his, intertwining our fingers slowly. My heartbeat sprung to life as if they were dead and hammered in my chest. I looked up at Joonmyeon with widened eyes and reddening cheeks, feeling the soft, smooth texture of his fingers ghosting and fiddling with mine. “I think it's really you, Hani. And you only just unlocked your aura.”


“This is so dangerous,” Xiumin let out breathlessly, and I definitely caught his one-second stare to mine and Joonmyeon’s interlocked hands together. “If this immense declaration of power was merely by you opening your aura, what do you think would happen if you enhanced that aura?”

“Miracles,” Joonmyeon answered dreamily in amazement, his eyes literally twinkling as he stared at me, a small, breathless smile on his face, and I was kind of terrified of this Joonmyeon. “She’d make miracles, Xiumin. I don't think we should worry about that.”


“I think,” Baekhyun started strongly, his tone biting and criticizing Joonmyeon. “That Xiumin hyung is right. This amount of power is completely unhealthy, even for Hani.”


“We don't even know what kind of power she’d harbor, Baekhyun,” Joonmyeon snapped, glaring at Baekhyun and Baekhyun glanced away. Joonmyeon’s hand around mind tightened, and I didn't know if he was comforting himself or if he was comforting me instead. “We can't predict the future; we don't know if it would lead Hani to her insanity or not. Why don't we have a little faith in her instead of shoving it in her face on how little we trust her?” we all flinched at Joonmyeon's exclaim, even if it was directed at Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter