Honey

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hani… they're coming for you.”


I shuddered again from the words echoing in my head, imagining Kai’s brown, honey eyes staring at me with a gleam of horror and something akin to sympathy. I could swear there was also love in them; and the thought made my heart flutter.

“Are you telling me..” my eyes snapped up at Joonmyeon, who was sitting in front of me on my bed; staring at me with furrowed eyebrows. “That Kai told you they are coming for you?” I nodded at Joonmyeon in a small movement, clutching on my teddy bear.

I couldn't stop thinking about Kai. Ever since he came to me a few hours ago, I kept thinking of him. I kept thinking of his disheveled appearance, and wondering if he was cold due to lack of comfortable clothes. I thought about his feet; and whether they would freeze because they were bare. I also thought about the sheer t-shirt he was wearing, and his long hair; and wondered if he wanted to cut it short. They were mere useless thoughts; but I couldn't stop them, I simply couldn't stop thinking about Kai.

“Did he tell you who they are?” Baekhyun inquired from his position leaning against the wall beside my door, crossing his arms over his chest. He snapped me out of my lingering thoughts about Kai, and I looked up at him with wide, oblivious eyes. “Huh? Oh, um. No he didn't; he disappeared into smoke the second I opened my mouth to ask him that,” you know, I was super curious about Kai’s element, because he just simply disappears and appears whenever he wants. I didn't even know what kind of power that was. I recalled my mother’s words, and how some rare cards from the fifth rank have powers out of the elements, and I wondered if Kai was one of them.

Sehun crawled next to me on the bed, and wrapped one of his hands around my waist while dropping his head on my shoulder. He was shaking, and his breath was coming out in puffs. I realized he was a little scared. I cradled him in my embrace instead of the teddy bear; and Sehun buried his face into the joint of my neck and collarbone.

“Are you alright?” I asked him softly, caressing his hair, and I was aware of the other’s eyes on us. Sehun's hand that was around my waist tightened its grip, even though the boy nodded his head. “I’m more than fine, but I don't think Kai is.”

“I think that too,” Chanyeol wrote from beside Joonmyeon, biting down on the pen in his hands. Chanyeol’s scars were the same; they didn't decrease or heal at all. Every time I look at his card, a wave of discomfort and rage attack me wholly. I hated this society, I hated how they treated their warriors, and every single time I look at Chanyeol; the same rage devours me.


“Why do you think that though? Hani said he looked normal,” Xiumin commented from my other side, his hand that he raised to brush his bangs aside brushed against my arm, and it sent shivers down my body.


“He looked fine but..” I started speaking, catching all of their attention. “But.. he was terrified,” that made Sehun flinch and cuddle me more, as if making contact with me would assure him that Kai was in fact, very fine.

“What makes you say that?” Joonmyeon asked, but all I could stare at was Chanyeol, whose lips jutted out a little, and the scar on his nose was strangely obvious more by that single move. Something told me Chanyeol was closer to Kai than the rest of them, and the way he winced and frowned made me worried about him.

“I don't—I don't know. He just looked so troubled, and he was tense as well. As if someone was—“

“As if someone was watching him..” Baekhyun cut me off, completing my sentence on his own. His eyes were ablaze with his normal Baekhyun-anger, the kind of anger that makes him jump into impulsive actions.

“No, I don't think someone was watching him; I think someone had sent him to watch over us,” I gave Baekhyun a smug look, for not correctly catching onto what I was about to say. Baekhyun only shook his head as if he's handling a ten-years old kid, before looking down at his iPod aloofly.

“I think it would make sense,” Xiumin said, while unconsciously reaching for my shoulder blade and massaging me there, his eyes staring at Joonmyeon with furrowed eyebrows. His nimble fingers were doing wonders to my skin, and I couldn't stop the content sigh from leaving my lips. I scratched Sehun’s head, staring at Joonmyeon as well, having all my attention on the two boys touching me on both of my sides.

“What are we going to do?” Chanyeol wrote, showing us his sketchbook. I frowned, because honestly; I have no idea what we would be doing. I stared at Joonmyeon, because obviously; he has better tactics and thinking techniques than I do. But Joonmyeon this time looked oblivious, having no idea on what he should do, and the confusion in his eyes was very evident.

“I have no idea,” Joonmyeon started, scratching his cheeks warily. “We have to find out who exactly are the people that are after you, Hani; and I’m pretty sure Kai would still lurk around, so Hani, you have to ask him about it again.”

“What if he doesn't want to tell me?”

“I don't think that he doesn't want to tell you. If he's doing all of this as a warning; then I’m sure he wants to tell us.”

“Then why didn't he?” wrote Chanyeol, annoyance and agitation appearing in his eyes. I spared him a glance, because the slight annoyance in Chanyeol’s eyes was only a façade to hide his sadness.

“I think he's afraid of something,” at Joonmyeon's words, Sehun let out a small whine, shuffling around and tightening his grip around me, shifting his head lower and burying his face into my chest. My cheeks burned at the sensation, and I don't think it went unnoticed.

“Yah—“ Xiumin started to scold, but I patted his shoulder. “It's alright. He's just scared for his friend’s sake,” I smiled at Xiumin, and the older guy kept his eyes long and steady on my orbs, trying to catch any hesitance or discomfort, so that he could snap Sehun’s neck away from me; but I gave him a reassuring smile, and he sighed and slumped back on the bed’s headboard.

“Were you close with Kai, Sehun?” I leaned against Sehun’s head to ask him, and the boy nodded his head meekly. “Yeah, we are the youngest of the twelve,” I found myself growing surprised, because Kai looked awfully more mature than Sehun. I decided to leave that thought for myself, because Sehun would turn into a brat if he knew about this.

“Well, can you tell me about him?” I asked merely for him to feel better (and a small part of me, yearned to know more about Kai) Sehun straightened in his position, and rested his head on my shoulder this time. He smiled a little at me, and then at his brothers; who gave him assuring nods.

“Well.. Kai is kind of different,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter