Dark Orange - Part Two

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I wasn't looking anymore, I couldn't look at all. Baekhyun was ruthlessly punching the guy, and none of the boys actually did anything to stop him. Joonmyeon even held the guy with his ropes more so he wouldn't escape, as Baekhyun showered him with punches. I was afraid of this Baekhyun, this version, the exact version that tried to kill me.


“Are you still not going to say anything?” Baekhyun growled like an angered demon, hissing and glaring at the poor guy. When I stared at Rav, he thankfully wasn't bleeding, but he wasn't alright either. His face was starting to swell, and there was an obvious blue color blooming on his cheekbones. I wanted Baekhyun to stop, honestly, but I couldn't. The only way to stop him was by commanding him, and I’m sure that would make our relationship more bumpy than before.


“You care about this more than this guy’s wellbeing?” my conscience screamed at me, but I was hesitant, because I wasn't sure if this guy was as innocent as he appeared, and I don't want to put that on the risk of losing what I have between the boys and I. “Practically, you have nothing between you and the boys. They don't even trust you.” my more rational side concluded, and I knew this side was right; but what if I’m wrong? What if this isn't worth all of the struggle I would throw myself in? 


I saw Baekhyun shooting another punch to the guy’s stomach, and I immediately snapped into action when Rav’s body bent over in pain. “That's enough, Baekhyun. That’s enough damage as it is,” I stopped in front of Rav before Baekhyun could send another blood-withering punch, and the look flashing in Baekhyun's eyes were close to flabbergast, pain, and simple betrayal. I felt my heart clench at the sight, especially when I heard a hiss coming from behind me as well. 


I spread my arms beside me in emphasis, hoping deep within that I looked as scary as I felt. Baekhyun stared at me deep in the eye for a minute, for two; before scoffing and taking a step forward, like he didn't believe the act I was pulling, but I glared at him. “I said stop, Baekhyun. That's a command,” I didn't want to say it, but Baekhyun was wrong, that was not the proper way to do such a thing for a Wielder even if he thought all Wielders are horrible. Baekhyun flinched, and I immediately felt guilty. I wanted to take my words back, but I couldn't, and I felt horrible. Why am I so weak? I saw Baekhyun lower his head in submission, not looking at me but stopping his moves completely.


I heard a sound of running water, and I swiveled around to face Joonmyeon who was retreating his water ropes away and flattening them to the ground. Before they could get through the cracks in the ground, I announced loudly, my eyes still looking at the water. “I didn't tell you to take your ropes back, Joonmyeon. Hold him back,” I didn't dare look at Joonmyeon, knowing that I would see the heartbreak in his eyes, because he didn't think I would command him to do anything. I caught the look in Sehun’s eyes, however; and he was about to cry. My heart squeezed at the sight.

 

I turned to look at Rav with a gulp, and I could see the hesitance in his eyes as he stared at me as well. I didn't know what to do now, but I knew that hitting him and asking for his belongings was wrong, even if it clashed with my principles, because I know the cards weren't things to own in the first place. But this Wielder believed that, he had grown believing in that. My parents believe in that as well; but that doesn't mean they are bad people. 


“Please, I just want the card. I know you have it,” it was pathetic to plead and I know that, but I wasn't pleading to him, it was for him. I knew that eventually, I would just give up and let them do what they want even if it was against my morals. 


“Never!” the guy hissed, but then he cracked a small smile that made my blood freeze. “I have been gone for a long time, honey. They would notice I’m gone and they will come for me.” 


“If you would just give us the card to get this over with, I would let you leave,” I bargained, even though I knew deep down that he would refuse. As ridiculous as it seems though: I hoped he wouldn't. Surprisingly, Rav only sighed heavily, giving up, and he looked at me with pleading eyes.


“A..alright. But p-please, you need to release me first so I could get it for you,” I frowned, immediately catching onto his scheme. I wasn't that stupid, I knew what the kidnappers do when they ask for a release first. Seeing my reluctance, Rav gulped down and spoke with an odd calmness. “You don't need to release me wholly, just my hand. It's somewhere hidden in my masked pocket.” He flustered red, and I knew the place was inappropriate. I sent a hesitant look to Joonmyeon, but the guy didn't even look at me. I felt my heart sink down in the lowest part of my stomach, and I gulped down my pain and stared back at Rav with a nod.


“Don't try doing anything ridiculous, you know you have four warriors surrounding you,” I warned, and the guy nodded hurriedly with a growing, suspicious  smile. “Okay. Joonmyeon, release one hand only,” Joonmyeon didn't nod, but he acknowledged my words by doing what I asked. The guy sent me an appreciative look, before stuffing his hand past his belt to his thigh, where I think he had hidden the card from me. 


Before I could warn the guy from doing anything stupid again, he goes ahead and did just that. I closed my eyes in annoyance when he simply kissed the card like a crazed , a huge smile on his mouth. Of course I wasn't scared, because the card was supposedly their brother, and they wouldn't hurt one another even if they weren't blood-related, right? Even if they did, I’m sure my warriors outnumbered his single card.


I watched with slight awe as a dark orange colored breeze started twirling in a mini tornado beside the now severely tied Wielder. Heat radiating off of the locks of air, and I fought the urge to raise my hair into a ponytail already. The breeze disappeared and was replaced by a heavily damaged male-god that made my heart skip a beat, not because of his extreme good looks unfortunately, but by the ugly bruises and cuts decorating his body. He was topless, wearing khaki shorts as pants that were as thin as my summer clothes. His brown hair was nestled, ruffled and dirty. There was a deep cut stretched all over his nose sideways, and his dark, chocolate brown eyes held a childlike innocence that was masked by a bold, fearless façade. I felt my heart swell in pain at the mere sight of him, and I could feel all of my warriors stiffening at him. 


“Don't stand there like a complete idiot! Help me!” Rav barked at the warrior, and I could see a small, almost unseen flinch taking over the boy’s figure, before toughening and glaring at the water surrounding his master. He dragged his brown eyes to stare behind Rav to check who dared mess with his master, but he turned completely rigid and frozen as he came eye-to-eye with Joonmyeon, who had a huge, ugly wound on his face as well. 


“H…hy..” the boy couldn't even utter his word, staring at Joonmyeon like he didn't even believe his own eyes. I felt my heart constrict at the sight. I was pained, because the boy looked like he had trouble pronouncing, and he looked like he saw a ghost. He was frozen too, and I knew that if he didn't do anything other than standing, Rav would do something to him. 


“What are you doing standing like a useless piece of trash you moron? I said help me! Attack them! Attack the girl!!” Rav screeched, wiggling in his position and trying to help himself even though he knows it's fruitless. I panicked, but I stayed rooted, not showing my fear for the guy’s command at all. I kept staring at the new warrior, watching as he clenched his fists, closing his eyes. He looked confused, like he wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't blame him, he was in a darn bad situation.


“All because of you!” my head screamed at me, and I felt my whole body shaking in fear, self-loathing, and worry. What would happen to them now? I sneaked a peek at Baekhyun, and his eyes were wide, glued to the new warrior, who was now staring at the rest of the boys beside Joonmyeon, seemingly oblivious of Baekhyun’s presence completely since he was behind him. I took an unconscious step forward, and all heads snapped towards me, even Rav and the new warrior, who’s eyes narrowed at me immediately.


I gulped when I saw the new warrior taking calculated, predatory steps towards me, and I heard Rav’s insane chants of persuasion and glee for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter