Basil

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was woken up by a smooth texture on my cheek, the feeling of fingers rolling off my skin. I furrowed my eyebrows while my eyes are still closed, and reached for the hand touching me almost right away.

I opened my eyes and saw Sehun, staring at me with an odd pair of soft eyes, his calloused hand in my grip. His head was close to mine, although not enough to see through his eyes. I speculated he was kneeling beside my bed, and I wondered why these days I seem to wake up by Sehun near my head?

“You’ve slept again..,” I heard Jongdae’s voice say from the corner of the room, and I lifted my eyes up to him, shooting him an acknowledging look. He smiled gently, his eyes disappearing into beautiful crescent moons that made my body explode in shudders. I glanced back at Sehun, finding him still staring at me with the same gentle eyes of his, and I unconsciously guided his hand to my mouth, spreading his fingers apart and kissing his palm. His eyes widened momentarily, and I could practically sense the rest of the boys stiffening at my action.

“How long was I sleep?” I asked, my voice coming out gruffly because of both Sehun’s hand, and the fact it was heavily laced with sleep. I was still really tired, exhausted even, and I was ready to fall back asleep if I was only given the chance. But knowing school was waving at me, and the fact my mother would actually come today to pick me up to go home after the school day.

“T-two h-hours o-only!” Chanyeol exclaimed from the back with a large, excited smile, waving his hand at me. I immediately realized he could now speak, and shot up from my bed right away. Sehun’s hand dropped to my lap, and he automatically retrieved it back to his side. I gaped at Chanyeol, who’s smile widened further at my surprise, revealing his straight, white pearls.

“Y-yup!” he playfully said, coming closer to me and then throwing the notepad on my bed, followed closely by the pencils I had lent him. “I d-don't need this any-anymore!”

“Chanyeol!” I exclaimed, crawling across my bed on all four, sliding the notepad with the pencils off of my bed carelessly, before attacking the giant in a hug. “Oh my God. Your voice!”

“His voice always gets the girls..,” I heard Xiumin mutter to Yixing (whom was beside him) playfully, his eyes dancing in mischief. I sent him an equally playful glare behind Chanyeol’s back, which I was squeezing the hell out of, and he sent me a coy wink back.

“I’m so glad..,” I hummed in delight, my mouth covered by his shoulders. His wide arms were wrapped around my petite figure as tightly as my own arms were around his, and for a second I thought our bodies would merge together to become one. He was so incredibly warm. “Your voice is so nice to the ears.”

“I want a hug too,” Jongin murmured before Chanyeol could comment, and then I sensed his arms wrapping around my stomach backwards, his head dropping down on my shoulder. I laughed out loud.

“Oh my God,” I tried to wiggle out of the tight embrace. “I’m getting choked from all of this heat.” And I wasn't lying. The usual cold coming out of them seemed like yesterday’s lie, and they were now as warm as any normal human. The texture of heat oozing from two bodies (in front and behind me) made me sweat, and I continued to squirm, hoping to escape this infinite siege .

They let go of me together, and I huffed dramatically, which made them crack up. I squinted my eyes at them, although a smile lit up my face. My eyes caught the clock hanging over my wall, and they widened comically when I realized I was so freaking late.

“Guys! School starts any minute now!” I exclaimed, running around in circles, trying to collect my scattered things, and recalling if I had washed my uniform or not.

“The reason why we woke you up..?” Sehun smirked from the same position as before, only now he turned to face us. I poked my tongue out at him, still running around like a mentally disturbed patient. I then went to the bathroom, smacking the door behind me closed enough for the noise to pounce off the walls, but not fast enough to mute out Joonmyeon’s uncertainty-laced shout.

“I made breakfast?”

After I was done with preparing myself for school (which took nearly 26 minutes) I rushed out of the bathroom to take a small bite of the breakfast Joonmyeon made, to find all of the boys dying out of laughter, while Baekhyun was squinting his eyes very amusedly at Joonmyeon who looked embarrassed, a little sheepish. He reminded me of a small boy getting caught doing something bad.

“What happened?” I asked, stepping inside and finding myself automatically smiling, even while I didn't know what was happening.

Baekhyun and Joonmyeon both turned to me, Baekhyun's eyes gleaming in an evil, playful sort of way (which stunned me for a second. I don't think I’ll get used to this part of Baekhyun) while Joonmyeon looked ready to bury himself three feet beneath the ground.

“He burned the bread,” Baekhyun said almost immediately when I asked, wiggling the black bread-like around his slim fingers like it's a disgusting piece of shoe. “Who burns the bread?”

“I did, once!” I immediately added when they shot me judgemental stares. I smiled sympathetically at Joonmyeon. “They're never going to let you live this down, you realize that, right?”

“Unfortunately,” he sighed helplessly, before pushing the chair in front of him out of its place. Obviously, for me. “Come eat. Kyungsoo may or may have not fixed what I made.”

“I did not cook,” Kyungsoo found himself defending before I could even open my mouth. His round eyes were widening and the back of his ears was crimson. “I don't cook.”

“Nobody said anything though,” Yixing said with a clueless look on his face, making Xiumin and Jongin who were beside him, palm their faces.

“It smells nice and all, and the atmosphere is one I don't want to miss, but unfortunately, I’m late for school,” I apologetically smiled at them all before shuffling inside the kitchen to grab an apple, before waving out. “Have a nice day! I’ll be going now, and whoever cooked, we’ll have a cooking session later on.”


-
“You know, I think I’m starting to grow some muscles,” I announced once I smacked the door to my room open, grinning excitedly yet tiredly at half of the boys around. Baekhyun and Joonmyeon scoffed. While Baekhyun's scoff was menacing, Joonmyeon’s was dipped in sugar and honey.

I trudged inside, throwing my backpack aside and sitting down on my bed with my eyes wandering around.

“Where are the rest?” I asked, while accepting the bottle of water Sehun passed to me with a small smile. I thanked him before drinking the water vigorously, squeezing the plastic bottle in my hand noisily and sighing in relief once the cold water trickled down my throat.

“Roaming around this apartment,” Jongdae provided helpfully. “I think Yixing found interesting magazines.”

“Really?” I amusedly chided, taking off my socks and school blazer at once, before standing up to change my clothes. “Well, are you ready to go home now?”

“Yeah whatever,” Baekhyun answered boringly, staring at his fingers. “We’re going to retreat back into our cards anyway so it doesn't really matter.”

I paused during my search through my wardrobe to let the words register in my head. Was there a pinch of something bitter in his tone? I couldn't be sure, because Baekhyun was someone very hard to read, whether by his tone or mere facial expressions. But I would take a guess and say it was obvious he was growing bitter. It had been a long time for them to live without going inside a car, and I admit, I hadn't thought of it all that much, although I knew they get bothered by it almost all the time, having to go back inside their cards because whatever activities I’m going to go through is too.. humane for them.

I peeked back at Baekhyun, finding him still absentmindedly picking on his fingers, before grinning excitedly.

“My mom will bring the SUV today again,” I announced casually, going through my clothes again and taking something good for a trip back home. “I told her I would leave you all out of your cards if you want.”

“We’ve already been on a car trip with your mom before,” Joonmyeon was very quick to say, almost a panicking look on his face, remembering my mom’s expression when I once informed her to bring a larger car so that all of the boys could fit in.

“Jongdae and Yixing haven't,” I immediately said, turning to him with large, innocent eyes. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders, giving me the green light to do whatever I wanted to do and pulling himself out of the matter. I grinned and fist-pumped, swiveling around to head to the bathroom for a good shower.

I opened the door to my room and the remaining guys were just about to come inside, Yixing holding a bunch of magazines in his hands he had taken from somewhere God knows where, eyes wide.

“Guys, we are going on a road trip!” I exclaimed, pushing them aside and marching towards the bathroom with a giant grin upon my face. I didn't wait to see the other’s reactions, my own joy and happiness was enough to lighten up my face for the whole day.

-
Walking outside with my backpack slung over my shoulders (filled with the necessities I would be needing home) the boys following me in tow. I stared around me at the students getting picked up with their families, and noticed the stares they shot me once again. The entire school day, they kept on shooting me stares, mumbling with their friends about whatever happened the previous days. Surprisingly, none of them bothered me, or seemed.. that upset, like how I pictured they’ll be. They all seemed.. neutral, like they didn't care, and even if they did, it didn't matter to them who was the cause of it.

I walked to my awaiting mother, who was waving at me with a grin, her eyes flickering slowly to the boys behind me, her orbs flickering in annoyance for a second, before deciding she would let the matter past her shoulders. She greeted me with a kiss on my forehead, and immediately took my backpack from me to load it in the trunk.

“Hani..,” someone called from behind me, and I immediately looked backwards in surprise to find Lisa, who was biting on her lips and fiddling with her fingers nervously.

“Lisa!” I exclaimed, out of surprise more than anything. “I didn't see you today at all. How are you?”

She, shockingly, shot me a small smile, and I only now noticed the small dimple right beside her chin, slowly lifting up to meet the line of her cheek. It was such an attractive attribute.

“I’m fine,” she softly replied, walking closer to me, before eyeing Jongdae with a frown. “I hope you are fine, I apologize for what my uncle did to you,” she told him almost somberly, and the boys and I widened our eyes comically at her.

“Are you talking to me?”

“Wait what? Who's your uncle.. and how.. what?” I confusingly said, talking with Jongdae at the same time. Jongdae and I shared a look, before simultaneously looking backwards at Lisa. She fiddled more with her fingers, and before she could explain herself, my mother came out of the car only a few distance away and approached us with a calculating stare.

“Who is this? Is she your friend Hani? Hi, I’m Hani’s mother,” my mother greeted with a sweet smile, giving me no room to correct her that Lisa isn't exactly my friend (I didn't know what kind of a relationship we have between us) Lisa slowly accepted my mother’s hand in a handshake, nervousness and awkwardness so clearly in her face that I momentarily felt sorry for her.

“Hello, I’m Lisa,” Lisa timidly said back, her cheeks coloring into a deep red color that made me bite down on my smile.

“Nice to meet you, Lisa. You seem like a wonderful girl,” my mother cheerfully said. “I’ll leave you two to bid each other goodbye, I’ll wait i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter