Milky White

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You're going to leave without me?” I could definitely hear the boy’s voice vividly, even if I was dreaming. I turned around in hopes of catching the source, seeing the view of the same foggy forest I was in before. There was nothing around me but trees, huge, green trees that made my blood curl. The white mist around my waist wasn't lessening my anxiety any better.


“I-I’m,” I found myself stuttering while replying to him, and I felt the texture of the dark green dress I was wearing as I moved a little to the front. I glanced down at the dress, and it wasn't something I would have worn in real life. A silky gown with multiple layers that fell down on my legs and feet, covering me wholly with the exception of my arms. I looked up when the silence lingered for too long, and I wondered if this boy had disappeared.


“Why are you leaving me behind?” there was a broken pinch in his robotic voice, and I unconsciously let out a wince. Somehow, I could feel what kind of emotion he was having, even if I couldn't see him at all.


“I don't—I don't know who you are,” I muttered gently, finding myself ridiculous because I’m talking to an imaginary boy in my imaginary dream. I heard some snapping of roots from far ahead, and I glanced at the tall trees in front of me, finding them rustling to the right and left, splitting in the middle. I expected the boy to emerge from within, but all I saw was a black void. I don't know why I felt a surge of disappointment running through my body, and I wondered inwardly if I wanted to meet him this bad.


There was a sudden increasing of air, and it gushed out on my face hardly and ruffled my hair. I closed my eyes momentarily at the immense speed of the air, and before I could even open my eyes; I felt a presence of warmth behind me. I stiffened, and slowly opened my eyes. I swiveled around hurriedly, hoping to catch the boy, but all I could see was white dust mixed with pink and red. My heart quickened its speed, and then I heard his voice echoing from everywhere again, the white, milky dust vibrating in the same rhythm of his voice.


“You do know me, Hani. You just forgot.”


-


I stared at my feet while zipping my backpack. We were ready to leave back to school, and my relationship with my warriors had turned downhill. I could feel the tension around us even as I repacked the little outfits I brought with me. I was too ashamed to look them in the eye, and I guess they were still a little bit angry.


The only one I felt sorry for was Chanyeol, because he just had to come to us with this tension growing. He probably already understood what happened, and he is thinking about ways to hate me too. I collected the glass box of their cards, finding Chanyeol’s card on top. His card was the worse. It's colors were a little faded, like Rav has been drowning his card under water as a punishment for whatever silly reason he deemed unacceptable. There were multiple cuts as well, too many for me to count. I stared up at Chanyeol, who was standing behind Joonmyeon with curiosity in his eyes as he roamed his chocolate orbs around my room. He wasn't here for a long time, and I’m sure he was just trying to capture it in his head.

 

“What happened to Rav?” I blurted without staring at them when I felt the silence stretching for too long. I put on my backpack and turned to face them, trying to be brave when I was sure I felt nothing close to bravery.


“He fled away when you bonded with Chanyeol,” Joonmyeon explained, his face and whole posture pointing to me, but his eyes were staring at my nose, lips, my forehead; anywhere but my own eyes. I think he looks a little bit guilty. I nodded in confirmation, and then awkwardness flooded in all of us, and I didn't honestly know what to do.

I looked at Chanyeol, who was looking at me as well with wide, curious eyes. He flinched and looked away when I caught him staring, I felt absolutely sorry that by a single stare from me, he felt horrified. I walked to him, and I could feel the boys stiffening from behind. I immediately halted and glanced at them, my eyebrows furrowing.

“Do you think I would hurt him?” I couldn't help but ask, because I knew the feeling creeping up my back wasn't something good. They avoided my look again, except for Sehun who stared at me boldly, without having any doubts in his eyes. I was surprised, because I never thought he would end up trusting me, when he had made it clear that I wasn't trustworthy yet.


“Fine. Lets go,” I spoke boldly, trying to hide the tremor in my lips. I headed downstairs, not even waiting to watch the boys disappear into their cards.


-

I flung my backpack to the side and fell down on my bed with a huff. The ride home was just silent, simple as that. My parents figured out about the fifth warrior I had found, and they immediately told me that I needed to train to enhance my aura while they made a call to the school, informing them about everything that happened and that from now on, I’m a fifth rank. This is how much the Exo cards are important, to the point where I need to uncover my status so they could be alright, hidden away from the preying eyes who would do anything so that I do not own them anymore.

The moment I fell over my bed, I released the boys with kisses. Even though I was scared and ashamed of them, I knew that wasn't enough reason for me to stop their freedom. My lips tingled and warmth enveloped me when I kissed Chanyeol’s card, and I stared up at the boy when he appeared with a smile. He was ridiculously tall it seems; I honestly just noticed how tall he was, probably even taller than Sehun. His hair was crimson red, and it seemed dyed; because his hair wasn't as soft-looking as the rest. Thankfully, the boys listened to my words yesterday and dressed him in sweatpants and the ruby sweatshirt I gave Joonmyeon before. Unlike Joonmyeon; the sweatshirt on Chanyeol fit him beautifully, and his fingers weren't hidden under the fabric. Joonmyeon was more muscled though, and the sweatshirt kind of hugged his chest, but Chanyeol's body looked natural.


“You look good. Are you comfortable with your clothes?” I asked Chanyeol, and he looked down at his fingers that were fiddling with his sweatshirt. I frowned at his silence, and looked at Sehun when he started speaking for him instead.


“He really likes them, especially the sweater.”


“Is he okay though? Does anything hurt?” I asked Chanyeol the last question, but once again he didn't answer. I stared at Sehun confusingly, and the boy’s cheeky smile turned into a thin line, persuing his lips while looking at Chanyeol almost apologetically.


“He.. he can't speak.”


“What?” I stood from my bed at Sehun’s words and examined Chanyeol from top to bottom, as if I would find some kind of answer at Sehun’s ridiculous words.


“We don't know why, because he wasn't like this before, but I think he's traumatized,” Sehun scratched his head apologetically, like he is apologizing for the state Chanyeol was in, and I don't know why he suddenly felt guilty. Did he feel like it was his own fault that Chanyeol had some awful master that abused him endlessly? I looked at all of their faces, and they all had the same look on their faces as they stared at Chanyeol, especially Baekhyun; who was close to tears with his red face. I think they’re the closest to each other. I looked back at Chanyeol, and he was peeking at his brothers with his lower lip caught between his teeth. He looked scared, and I found my heart squeezing.


“It's alright, Chanyeol. We are going to help you adjust and have your voice back, all of us. Right?” I stared at the boys, and they all nodded their heads. Baekhyun wiped his gathering tears and smiled brightly at Chanyeol, patting his back, and I felt breathless for a second because this sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter