Twelve Majestic - THE END.

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update because I couldn't possibly leave u all hanging. There will be an epilogue soooo

 

-

I found Baekhyun leaning against a house a bit far away from where we were at, and he kept staring at the wall right across him that belonged to the house in front of him. This area, my area, they had their house close to one another, creating narrow alleys that made me shudder. The sight of this place made me remember the same place I found his card, Baekhyun's card, and I was shown to it by that exact same cat Meang was owning.

I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Had it belonged to the previous witch? I didn't care enough to know, so I didn't dwell much on it. I just knew the cat harbored magic within her.

Baekhyun’s eyes were empty, soulless, expressionless, and my heartbeats became messy. I didn't want him to be the same person he was the first time I’ve found him, but he was already rebuilding his mask, narrowing his stare, and polishing his walls. I stood beside him and leaned against the same wall he was standing at, and focused my eyes at the brown wall he was staring at, narrowing my eyes.

“You okay?” I found myself say after a few minutes of utter silence, with Baekhyun not even paying me a spick of attention. I heard him scoff, a sound so bitter that made my insides explode.

“Am I okay? Are you okay?” I concentrated on him at his question, and found him staring at me with pain in his eyes. Pain.. it was a foreign thing to witness in Baekhyun's unemotional pair of brown eyes. I didn't get to open my mouth before he was already attacking me with words, his legs taking closer steps to me until he was practically hovering over me. My heart palpitated in pain myself, these eyes.. I would see them for the last time.

“I have lived.. how long? More than three hundred years, and I.. not even once, have I ever met someone as idiotic as you are. Actually, I have, but at least I broke all of her fingers.”

“I’m starting to wonder who this mysterious girl you abhor so much is,” I tried to joke, forcing my lips to curl into a smile, and Baekhyun's eyes intensified, his breathing steadying all of a sudden, before coming out rugged. I could see his chest falling up and down and I didn't know if he was pissed or overwhelmed.

“She’s someone like you, yet not at all,” he let out another scoff, rolling his eyes and then looking away to probably hide the glassy surface gathering there. I was presented with his jaw line, which had a vein popping out with how suppressed his feelings were. “She's a , an utter , but she made me feel, in here,” he looked back at me, his eyes filled with obvious tears now, and I immediately found my own reciprocating. He smacked his chest, emphasizing on his words. “She had been like you. So kind, so lovely, and she made me feel, like you did. She made me feel again, and worse, she made me feel for her. I had never been so in love before,”

“But Wielders..,” he mumbled the word with so much hate in his tone, so much bitterness, so much anxiety, that I instinctively flinched. He took my face in his hands right away, and for the first time I felt liked by this guy. His hands were so warm. “You’re not like them,” he said as if reassuring me, the tears that he held on not to fall were now falling anyways, and I wanted to trace each and everyone of them with my eyes. But I couldn't, Baekhyun's eyes were much more mesmerizing.

“You’re not like them, Hani,” he repeated vigorously, “You didn't turn out to be an absolute , you did not get influenced by the other wielders and you did not break every piece of my heart- every piece of our hearts. But she did, and.. I thought, at the beginning, you’d be like her.”

“But you didn't,” he let his lips curl into a soft smile. This was the first time I’d be seeing his smile, and probably the last. I recalled, and my tears followed Baekhyun's actions. They fell. “And I realized it too late. You understand right? You know how once your trust and heart are broken, they can never grow again.”

“They can, if you meet the right person,” I didn't think I’d say anything to him with how emotionally unstable both of us were, but I did, and he closed his eyes tightly, letting a few more tears to fall, before opening them, nodding continuously.

“They can,” he confirmed, still nodding, before repeating. “They can.”

“Yeah,” I sent him a tearful smile, one he repeated, albeit a bit forcefully, before pulling me closer to him and hugging me so tightly, I could feel my bones mending. I hugged him back almost right away, and he easily nuzzled into my shoulders, making me almost giggle at the sensation. Never had I ever thought Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter