Black

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Motherer,” 

 

I wasn't supposed to say it that loudly. In fact; I wasn't supposed to voice it out to begin with. I couldn't stop the curse word from rolling off of my tongue though, since the cut I had received was a bit bad. I cursed the railings of my window for being broken, before jumping out to the grass underneath my room. To be honest I didn't think I would find it in me to disobey my mother’s words and sneak out of my room, when she had specifically told me she would commit mass murder starting with me; and all those guys in the party I’m heading to if I were to step outside for a second. But my mother needs to be reasonable, it was the party of the year; and I had told her everyone would be there to celebrate graduation. She told me I still have a year to go, and this fake party of graduating junior year would not persuade her. So I resulted in the only way I can actually meet up with my peeps and enjoy the night; sneaking out.

 

It was currently twelve midnight; I’m late one hour for the party because I was waiting for my parents to fall asleep. They refused to sleep early like how they usually do, and I had the idea they already knew about my sneaking plan, and were waiting for eleven O’clock to tick away for them to sleep, thinking that I wouldn't sneak out after midnight. Well, shame on them for thinking so lowly of me. I snickered in my hands as I rolled away from the house, the weather growing ridiculously cold as I wrapped my jacket tightly around my body; securing me from the darn cold I currently hated so much. Frankly, I prefer cold over heat, unless I was having one of my mood swings and decided to hate what I like just like right now.

 


Now that I was currently walking on a darker street, the time started to dawn on me, and I felt the bravery I possessed shrink away. I kept on staring at my sides, confirming for the nth time that no one is around to kidnap me and cut me into pieces. Thankfully, the street was spotless, and no one seemed to be around except for crazy me and the scary owls watching me like I was their prey. Our small town had always been an attraction for owls, I don't exactly fancy the idea of having owls spread on every house lane to watch you leave and come back to your house. Even though they appear only at night, and by morning they disappear, it still creeps the heck out of me.  I tried not to look in their direction – or acknowledge the spooky sound they echo – as I walked faster and faster away from my neighborhood. Honestly, I have never walked on foot around the neighborhood before. I had always had my car to take me wherever I want to go, but my parents had taken my baby away from me especially for this day, so I wouldn't try to sneak out. 

 

A cat suddenly jumped in front of me, scaring the wits out of me. I let out a loud yelp and took huge, wiggling steps back from the black creature. I huffed when I realized it was harmless, and only meowing softly for my attention. Even though it was very dark in color, it yellowish eyes scared me – I think it's a female? - they twinkled in the dark, and it looked like some kind of a creepy, supernatural feline, even though there is nothing supernatural in cats. I shook the rampant thoughts away from my head and approached the kitten softly. 


“Hey there.. creepy, you alright?” I slowly reached for it with my hands, trying not to scare the kitten away and keep my sanity in check. Almost immediately the cat started crawling towards me, and rubbing herself – I’m sure it's a she -  all over my hand. I started to smile a little. This kitten isn't so bad after all, she was a cute little fur ball and I had the urge on smothering her all over my face. I shook the thoughts away when I noticed how she was limping on three legs, the furthest leg to the right was bent in an awkward angle, and she wasn't able to place it on the ground. I cooed in sadness at the poor thing, and was about to pick it up when she snarled at me, making me flinch and fall down on my .

 

She then started rubbing herself on my legs, and I let out a weirded out sigh. Didn't she just snarl at me? Does she not want me to carry her? I shrugged the thought away, she is only a cat after all, she couldn't verbally tell me that she didn't want to be carried away, so I decided to forgive her I'm an awesome person.

 

Then right before my eyes, the cat stopped rubbing herself on me and started to meow loudly at the side, like she is calling out for someone. I furrowed my eyebrows. What is this cat trying to do? I looked at the direction she was looking at, and there was a dark hallway between two houses that gave me the creeps. I looked down at the cat, and she started to rub herself against me again with a meowing sound before walking toward the hallway with her small limping legs. Now hold on, is this cat trying to tell me to follow her? I scoffed, there is no way I’m letting a small stray cat convince me to stroll inside that scary place. Nu-ah, no way in hell.

 

The cat stopped in front of the hallway and turned to look back at me, as if waiting for me to come closer to her. I gulped the lump that formed in my throat. Do I really have to go there? Snap out of this Hani! She is just a cat, she doesn't know right from wrong but I do; and I can't leave that si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter