Mustard

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's POV


I watched Hani with awe in my expression as she bickered with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, her face annoyed and she looked ready to smack the two idiots in their heads. Although they were both harboring evil faces, I could easily catch the twinkle of mischief in their eyes. They obviously loved annoying her, even though they looked different than that. I was sure Hani wasn't holding a grudge against them either, even when she didn't know just how much they enjoyed tormenting her.

The boys and I were walking away from the café, following behind Hani aimlessly. No one really bothered asking her where to go, and this was the first time in centuries that we – I, have felt safe. It was an incredible feeling, I’m not sure I’d be able to get used to it. Through her memories, I have always known that she was nice, and made the boys feel like they could do whatever they wanted wholeheartedly. But I had never thought I would see this amount of positive feelings for her from all of them, even Jongin, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had warmed up to her, and that was very hard thing to do due to their horrible pasts. Kris and Tao, whom had just been called a few hours ago, looked comfortable enough, especially Tao. He walked beside her silently, but he didn't miss the bicker that was happening between the two toddlers and Hani, and I noticed how he was fighting his amused smile.

“Where are we going?” I leaned to whoever was beside me, asking him in a whisper. It appeared to be Jongin, as he guided his slightly widened eyes towards me. He obviously didn't think I’d suddenly talk to him when he was animatedly conversing with Yixing.

“Err, I don't actually know. Hey, Hani,” he called for her, and the girl stopped scowling at Kyungsoo to turn back to him, her expression softening immediately when she realized who was talking to her. I found my heart flutter, and that look wasn't even for me. “Where are we going?” Kai continued to speak, oblivious of the irritated jerks of my heart.

“Oh,” It seemed as if realization just dawned to her that she doesn't know where she wanted to go, but then her face brightened immediately, making Sehun, whom was tilting his head to have a clear vision of her face, brighten as well. He was drinking his third bubble tea, mind you. “Oh, um, where do you want to go?”

“The zoo!” Kyungsoo uncharacteristically yelled, raising one of his arms up like an obedient child. Hani shot him an amused look, and he immediately cleared his throat, looking away with dark cheeks.

“H-Hani..,” Chanyeol tugged on her shirt, and I admit it was cute, but then again, Chanyeol was an adorable giant. “Can-can we go to-to-to that s-scary place?”

“Scary place?” Hani mumbled, a frown on her face. Apparently, she didn't look as she recognized what the giant was talking about, and shifted her eyes around us in confusion. I as well, turned to check for the boys’s expression, and I noticed that most of them looked clueless. Until finally, Kris cleared his throat.

“I think he means the haunted house,” he told us, and when he looked for Chanyeol in confirmation, the boy’s entire face lit up like Christmas candles, before he started nodding his head vigorously.

Before Hani could comment on that (in a positive way, it seems) Tao was tugging on her shirt as well, his eyes falling down to the ground once she gave all of her attention to him. He was a head taller than her, and he was also buffer, it was a little sad how he was terrified of her reaction just because of a stupid, superior bond that intwined them together. The scene, although harmless, bothered me to no end, and I twisted my head away, fiddling with the hoodie’s sleeves.

“Do we have to? Aren't there some ghosts?” Tao asked her with a small voice, and I peeked to see her reaction at his question. Just as I expected, she was a little surprised, hanging open in a gap. But, she quickly forced her expression away, instead, smiling at Tao like a soft mommy looking at her fearful child.

“I’m actually scared of ghosts too,” her statement wasn't a surprise to Tao only, as the boys turned to her with wide eyes. I admit, that was a little unexpected. “So you and I can ride another attraction. We’ll dump Chanyeol there and I promise you he’ll come out with wet pants.”

“Hey, I-I-I will not p-pee myself!” Chanyeol exclaimed with his rough voice, and Hani shook with suppressed laughter at the annoyance on his face and let out a quick tingle of giggles. Looking back at Tao, he was smiling.

We started walking again once we noticed we stopped moving, the conversations around the boys growing more excited (especially from Chanyeol’s part, as he was thrilled about the concept of visiting the haunted house he heard about from his previous Wielder, while Jongdae humored him with listening) I found myself falling in steps with Hani, in the middle of the group, and I looked down at her. I was an inch taller than her, and her chin grazed my shoulder. It brought an explosion of shudders down my body in a good way.

Then, I felt her slip her hand inside mine perhaps in a subconscious way, because she was just talking to Jongin about what he wanted to ride, but when I looked at her face for confirmation, she was looking at me.

“I remembered something,” she told me in a soft, whispering voice, thinking the boys won't be able to hear (which she was wrong about. I could feel their entire bodies perking up at her words, but thankfully, they didn't comment nor glance at our way. They didn't want to alarm her) I simply raised my eyebrows at her. She continued. “In my dreams, you told me you were.. different, in a bad way. You said you were worse than a warrior.. what does that mean?”

I stiffened, not because it was a foreign subject to me, but when I had told her that I had been very overwhelmed, and I ended up blurting that out. I didn't think she’d remember. But.. even now, I didn't feel like I could seal it and hide it away from her. She deserved everything in this world, and that includes the truth.

“I was the only one of the deck to attain a sixth star that I had earned myself. It had been scary - it still is, because being able to earn something I shouldn't, makes me wonder about everything else that I’ll do in the future.”

“You shouldn't…?” she repeated, confused, and I squeezed her hand around mine.

“The witch had implanted a very strong spell over us, as you could tell. That spell is permanent, and you most certainly can't tamper with it. The concept that I actually could earn something I wasn't.. created with, means the spell isn't as perfect as we thought it would. That is a terrifying truth, because we are not even safe in our own bodies, our own cards, and.. none of us asked for it,” my tone drastically changed at the end, and I ended up whispering. Although I knew the boys felt the same, I hadn't really told them what was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter