Raisins

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at my reflection on the mirror while biting on my lower lip. The sun was gleaming from my window and I knew it was early enough for me to get downstairs and eat breakfast. I hadn't let the boys sleep with me because my room was small and I didn’t have a place for all of them. Xiumin had suggested that they retreat to their cards and spend the day there. Of course, after promising I’d let them out of their cards the minute I was up.

I was up, I had been up for approximately an hour now, and all I did was sit down on my bed, cradling my legs and staring at myself on the mirror. I was confused. What would happen now that I found all of the boys? Now that I have found the whole deck.. what would happen? Could I even go back to school, with how big the powers radiating from me are, and attracting unwanted attention? I had been through a lot by now, and I didn't want more.

I had made a decision, actually, but I was too scared and dubious about it. I would no longer attend school. I needed to tell my mom first, since she was the most excited about it, my dad second, because he most certainly needed to know, and then the boys third. I definitely needed to tell the boys, but I knew they’d tell me not to worry because they were strong enough to protect me. It's not like I doubt them – I really think they’re horrifyingly strong – but I didn't want to constantly be under their radars. This isn't the life I had promised them. They deserved a normal, worry free life. Quitting school was the best option I have for now.

“What do you think?” I asked, lifting my head to glance at the awkwardly standing boy in front of my bed. Kris shifted his eyes around, not wanting to face me. After a few seconds of being awake, I immediately kissed the first card that came into my grasp, and it just happened to be Kris. It had been awkward for the both of us, because I was talkative and he was..not. Also, he was a bit shy, I concluded, with how he avoided my stares sometimes, and how crippled and short his answers were. He was the only one I told about my decision, and I spent forty minutes just explaining and blabbering like an idiot. All he did was.. stand there.

“Why are you asking me that?” finally, with what felt like an eternity, he decided to drop his eyes on me. I admit, I shuddered at the intensity behind his eyes. They were so full of secrets, full of emotions, and I was tingling entirely to unwrap each and every one of them.

I hummed. “Well, you're the only one standing in front of me, and the only one whom I talked to this entire morning. Don't you have anything to say?” he looked like he had tons to say, but it wasn't about that. He looked like he didn't need to say anything at all, despite how.. full he appeared to be. It was amazing. I wish I had this amount of self-awareness.

“What do you want me to say?” he asked yet again, fiddling with his big, calloused fingers. I whined a little, kicking the blankets from my body and crawling closer to him, crossing my legs Indian style.

“For starters, how about you stop answering my questions with questions?” he looked appalled for a second, before he ended up clearing his throat, once again dropping his gaze over everything around the room.

“Sorry,” his sudden apology surprised me. “I just don't understand why you are asking for my opinion. You can do whatever you want.”

“Yeah, but I’m an idiot. I need advice constantly,” I joked, although my face held nothing teasing about it. Kris’s bushy eyebrows furrowed a little, and once my eyes really focused on his face, my heart skipped a beat. He was really gorgeous.

“You're not an idiot. You’ve done great things thus far. I think you need to have more faith about yourself,” he answered with his monotonous voice, and I just understood what Xiumin meant about him being uptight. He was rather, an adorable uptight. He seemed as if he knew where he and the others stood at. His calculative eyes were intelligent and knowing, I think he figured me out in our first meeting, and it made me.. glad. He didn't look like the judgmental type, and he didn't seem ignorant too. He was more neutral, yet sophisticated. He was so ordinary, yet nothing about him was ordinary. It was incredible. He was like a lot of different people together in one body.

“Do you want breakfast? I think we should have some breakfast,” I suddenly announced, standing up from my bed to freshen up and change out of my pajamas. I gave Kris a smile, hoping it was just as kind as I felt towards this guy. I wonder, how many things he had lost, in order to gain all of his attributes today?

-

“Lets go there,” I pointed at a random café and Kris diligently followed my finger with his eyes. Before he could even utter a word, I took his hand in mine and dragged him behind me. For a total giant, he was swift to drag.

The bell dinged at our entrance, and I shot a smile at the waiter behind the counter right across. I walked towards him while still holding Kris, and for a second, I noticed the fleeting stares at him from the different customers around. I looked back at Kris and saw him following without a sound, eyeing my back with no expression on his face. What were they all staring at—ah, he was this handsome, wasn't he? All of the boys seemed to garner such attention. Were they really that handsome? I blinked my eyes and shook the thoughts away.

“What are we going to eat? You can see what you want through this menu,” I handed Kris the long menu in my hand once we sat down on a table in the middle of the café, and I sat there watching him, my chin falling atop my interlocked fingers. I was smiling slightly, my eyes dancing, and I knew I was looking like a psycho, but at this point all I cared about were these boys’ well-being.

Kris’s eyes shifted between the menu and I, looking nervous, and I realized I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter