Red

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up the next day, I was very tired; and there was an ache in my back. Blame it on the food making mess Baekhyun and I went through yesterday. Just some heads up, never let Baekhyun enter a kitchen because he doesn't know how to do anything. It was slightly funny – okay, it was very funny – watching the boy trying to hold a knife and chop on vegetables. Of course I didn't exactly need the help, since I’ve been doing my own food for countless of times; but I wanted Baekhyun to feel as comfortable as ever, as normal as one can be, and which way is better than chopping vegetables? 

 

I know he was doing it because I told him, because he feels obligated to do it. I didn't want him to feel like he is obligated to do anything I ask of him, I wanted him to have choices of his own, in spite of what my family thinks. I rolled in my bed, right onto my stomach, eyes veering to the yellowish card of Baekhyun's lying upon my nightstand. Last night I asked him if he wanted to sleep on the couch, or my bed – I can't believe I was ready to give my bed to him – but he only gave me a horror filled look and told me warriors don't sleep like humans, and when their masters fall asleep, they retreat to their cards. I wondered what exactly they do in their card, how exactly do they hibernate. I wanted to ask those questions to Baekhyun, because I’m a very curious person with an unquenched thirst for knowledge. But I couldn't ask him that, as he immediately retreated into his card.

 

I reached for the card on my nightstand and examined it. It held five stars under Baekhyun’s golden name, and I vowed I would ask Baekhyun about it when I awaken him. I glanced at the time on my wall watch, and it was nine in the morning. Last night I went to sleep really early, since I didn't sleep enough the previous night. I didn't even wait for my parents to come back home, as I slumped into bed by ten o’clock. I kissed Baekhyun’s card to awaken him just like how my mom instructed, and he materialized in front of me in mere seconds. 


I rose from my bed and smiled at him, eyeing him from up and down. His garment of the bunny T-shirt and jeans seemed like he just put them on, even after yesterday’s dirty dinner. His hair was ruffled slightly, and his eyes seemed more lively then before. I just noticed the boy has pink hair, pink with blonde locks and I just love that color on him. 


“Good morning!” I chirped like the dork that I am, forgetting completely about the stars I needed to ask him about and jumped out of my bed to face him directly. He stared down at me with his usual blank eyes – though I swear they were slightly softer- and greeted me back with his hoarse, husky voice.


“Good morning, my lady.” I cooed at the use of the word, and cheekily nudged him with my elbow. “C’mon, you can call me Hani,” the usual preposterous look that spreads in his eyes whenever I say something stupid appeared yet again, but that soon disappeared when I scolded him like a kid.


“No no, don't even argue about it. Would you like it if I kept calling you with a name you don't like? I bet you wouldn't,” I started my small lecture while folding my blanket and arranging my bed properly. “I don't even understand why you call me this. Haven't I told you to consider me as your friend? Now I know I lack a brain, but I know friends don't call themselves with such formal words.” I completed, patting my ruffled pillow slightly before I twirl around to face him, a smug grin on my face. 


“Would you like it?” His eyes dimmed slightly at my question, and he lowered his head to the ground, not facing me at all. “I’m sorry I disappointed you, my lad.—“

“Ah. Ah! Call me Hani, Moon Hani or just Han, and please don't say that okay? I never said you were a disappointment, alright?” I took a step closer to him, reaching my hand up to pat his head. He flinched yet again, and he raised his head up with his eyes focused on my hand in the air, eyes filled with caution. I softened at the sheer fear in his eyes, like he was afraid that I was going to use my fist on him. I felt bad he thought like this about me, but I knew not to be hard on him. He has trust issues, I have trust issues, everyone has someone that they don't trust, so I wouldn't make it hard on him. I’m going to fight for that trust, I’m going to earn it.

 

I retreated to my drawer at the corner of the room, and pulled out a hair brush with a mad giggle. I walked back to Baekhyun, waving the brush slightly in his face to see. He took a noticeable step back, and I sighed while lowering the brush down. “I’m not going to hurt you, I wanted to brush your hair. Is that alright with you?” 


Baekhyun's eyes widened slightly, but he immediately composed himself and returned emotionless. I took a step closer to him, and brushed my own hair by the brush to demonstrate my words in action. “Like this.. gently and softly. I won't hurt you.” I stopped in front of him, and slowly raised my empty hand to his hair. He flinched again, but he didn't pull back or stare at my hand. He stared at me straight in the eye, and I found my heart skip a beat at the intensity of it. His eyes may seem blank, but with the close distance between us – he was taller than me by approximately fifteen centimeter. I reached his chest – so he had to slightly lower his head to glance at me. The dark emotions that swirled inside his orbs, the sadness and longing in them made me weak in the legs, and I found my hand unconsciously patting his hair in a circular movement. I gulped, and slowly reached the comb to his head and started brushing it for him.


He didn't move, he didn't even stir. But his eyes were glazed, gazing at my soul. I sent him a smile, to ease the tension and his shoulders to relax. He sighed through his nose, and ever so softly – almost discreetly – leaned his head on my hand, making my heart swell with happiness and joy. 


“You're a good person Baekhyun..” I whispered, my hand running along his locks tenderly. “Don't let them get to you..”


                                         ***


“And remember, don't tell them you are a daughter of mine..” My mom instructed loudly, pushing me through the door with a rush like she wanted to get rid of me. I groaned out loud, peaking my head over her shoulder to check on Baekhyun. He was silently standing in the middle of the living room, his eyes widened slightly, and his posture straight. Unlike yesterday in the market, my mom didn't approve of him with me this time, and told me he should stay home to not cause any ruckus. I made sure to tell her he never did any ruckus to me, but she was stubborn – a trait I probably inherited from her – and she refused to let him out of the house.


My mom loves the fact she has a daughter to do things for her doesn't she? I mean I didn't tell her to fight with the salon lady that does her nails and then demand that I go there and sabotage her work just because she took two months worth of money from my mom because and I quote, ‘Was being loud and obnoxious,’ though my mom keeps telling me she wasn't being loud, and that the woman was being an . 


I rolled my eyes at my pleading mom – who was still pushing me out of the house in absolute fury – and waved at Baekhyun with a loud yell.


“I’ll be back Baekhyun-ah! And I’ll bring something for you too!”


“Wait! You named him Baekhyun and didn't tell us! That's such a mundane name!”


I giggled, ignored my mom’s doubled fury and rushed out of the house.
 

                                        ***

I returned home smiling because I had bought coke, some candy and junk food for Baekhyun. If you were wondering about the sabotage act, I didn't do it. Just because my mom loses her brain sometimes doesn't mean I’m like her. It was very stupid of my mom – not to mention childish – to tell me to sabotage the woman’s salon. Even if the woman was crazy and took some money from my mom, I don't think it's worth my mother's huge bank account. Yes, my mom is rich, filthy rich though my dad is not. She has tried countless of times to buy me my dream apartment and have it done, but just like my f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter