Ruby

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I didn't know where I was, all I know is that fog is everywhere around me. I guided my eyes around me, trying to recall how exactly I got here. The place I found myself in was close to a forest, but an infinite version of it. There was also no trees whatsoever, and it looked like a green, dead clearing. The ground under me was moist, and I was barefooted. I wiggled my toes while eyeing them with disdain, feeling kind of grossed out with the damp texture under my feet. I glanced once more around me, noticing that there was a faint light surrounding me from all corners, but no sun is visible in the horizon.


The mist was too thick for me to make out anything in front of me. The weather was too cold as well, and I noticed I was wearing a kind of summer dress with navy blue flowers. My shoulders were exposed, and every time a gush of air brushed against them, I would shudder. I didn't know what this place was, I remember bidding my warriors goodnight and falling asleep on my bed, and then suddenly I’m here? Where is here anyways? I glanced around me again, this time more frantically, terror starting to invade all my senses. 


“You have forgotten about me,” a sleek voice of a male echoed from around me, from no apparent corner. His voice was soft and soothing; but also deadly shuddering. I took a shaggy breath in, my whole body starting to freeze as another breeze brushed against me. 


“Release me…” the voice echoed around me like a broken record, and I snapped my head in all sides, hoping to catch the owner of the smooth voice. I couldn't even decipher from what corner or what way the voice was coming from. It seemed from nowhere and everywhere at once. The voice sounded buzzing, vibrating through the entire clearing I’m in. I then felt light touches of fingers on my shoulders, ghosting over my skin lightly.


I snapped my head backwards to catch the intruder, my heartbeats racing in my chest, and my legs buckling from under me. There was no one behind me, and I felt the blood in my face drain out in fear. I felt the light touch of cold fingers again, this time coming from behind me, and at the tips of my hipbones. I swerved around abruptly, wanting to catch the boy immediately. There was no one at all, and I was starting to panic.


“Who are you!” I yelled loudly, my shrieking echoing around me in broken statics. “Show yourself!” 


“Release me, release me," the voice echoed in a surprisingly calm voice. The volume started decreasing drastically until I no longer heard it. I took a deep, shaking inhale, trying to keep my sanity in check. I turned around to check my surroundings once more, but there was a sudden blankness in my eyes, and I couldn't see anything besides darkness. I clawed at my eyes, but there was nothing on them that was blocking the light away, I was involuntarily closing my eyes shut by my own, and I didn't have the strength to open them willingly. Then suddenly, before I can open my mouth and let out a shriek, rough hands palmed my chest, and with a single move, they pushed me roughly to the back, making me lunge backwards on my .


Before I can touch the ground, I was jolted awake from my sleep with a loud exclaim. I straightened in my bed hurriedly, my head and back sweating buckets. I breathed heavily, clutching on my heart that was beating so feverishly inside my ribcage. What was that odd dream? Who exactly is that boy? And what does he need? What is even the meaning behind his words. Release me, he had said, release him from what?


His card?


I shook the stupid thoughts out of my head and glanced at my wrist watch. It was already three in the morning, school would start in four hours. I closed my eyes, any sleep within me evaporating in the air. I lifted the blankets away from my body and headed to the mini kitchen in my dorm room. Thankfully, I had stocked the mini fridge with all kind of liquids for my future training with Xiumin, and I gave myself virtual applause. I took a bottle of water and gulped down half of it in one go, the three cards of my warriors catching my attention. I had laid them over the counter before I fell asleep. I need a proper place or handbag I can put them in without any trouble. I sighed, took the three cards and kissed them.


All three of them appeared in front of me in less than two seconds. Thankfully, Minseok had dressed up the night before in one of Baekhyun's sweats and T-shirts. I need to buy them more clothes since they are practically the only pair of clothes they possess. Remembering the stack of money my mom had given me, I vowed I would go today and buy them some necessities.


“Oh? Couldn't sleep?” Xiumin asked me, maneuvering around the kitchen counter to sit beside me on one of the three stools. He reached a hand for my forehead, and I whined at the cold touch of his fingers, though they were a little warmer than before when I first met him. “You don't have a fever though,” 


“Of course hyung,” Sehun scoffed with a roll of his eyes, taking the water bottle in my hand and drinking the remaining liquid in one go. I stared at him with wide eyes, surprised, since this was the first time he drank something human-related right in front of my face. “She is probably thinking of a way to skip school, and what do you know? Staying awake at three AM is a good plan,” I scowled at Sehun’s taunting smirk, and mentally choked him with my hands. 


“I think Hani has reasons for this. Not all people in the world think like you, Sehun,” Xiumin snorted at the younger warrior, taking the currently empty bottle of water and smacking it on Sehun’s forehead, earning a pout from the latter. 


“You are so mean to me, hyung,” Sehun whined at his elder, and I no longer thought this side of Sehun was strange. “Ever since Hani appeared, you're acting like a barbaric ,”


“Why are you up at this hour, Hani?” Baekhyun seemingly ignored the two childish boys arguing in front of him and asked me, expression wavering from nervousness and worry which he tried hard to mask. I smiled gently at him, and waved his concern off.


“Don't worry, just had a bad dream,” Baekhyun seemed relieved, and I couldn't help but smile. This was the same person who tried to kill me a few days ago, and now he's being quite the worrywart. 


“That’s a relief,” Xiumin, who was listening to our conversation rather than annoy Sehun said, a small smile gracing his lips almost automatically. 


“Can I ask a favor from one of you though?” I asked, my cheeks warming up in embarrassment at the thought of the request I’m about to ask. The three boys all looked up at me in the same time, a curious expression on their faces. 


“There are four hours left for school, and I kind of want to go back to sleep,” 


“What are you trying to say?” Sehun smirked in apprehension before I could say what I really wanted to say, and I felt the redness in my cheeks spreading all the way to my neck and ears.


“I.. I kind of want someone there to be with me, my dad always would stay in my room when I have a bad dream. It usually helps with my nightmares knowing I’d wake up to someone beside me,” I explained, the embarrassment fading a little when I could see understanding spreading in their faces (except Sehun who even smirked wider if it was possible, but I decided to ignore him wholeheartedly) 


“I’ll stay,” Xiumin raised his hand a little uncertainly, like a little kid asking his teacher to participate in class. I kind of found it amusing to watch, but I didn't want to show it on my face to make him uncomfortable. 


“Alright,” I grinned in pleasure, and Sehun scoffed very loudly and obnoxiously at my smile that it faded almost right away from my face, replaced by a scowl.


“What!” I growled at him, and he had the audacity to head to me and ruffle my hair annoyingly hard, his fingers tangling through my hair and pulling on it extra hard, making me wince. I reached out for my hair, hoping to pinch off Sehun’s fingers.


“You were waiting for Minseok hyung to agree to this, didn't you? Aww what a ert. What's next? You’ll make him lie beside you?”


“No!” I exclaimed a little too loudly, totally forgetting about his fingers entangled through my hair. Sehun snickered in an ugly, sinister way that made me want to hit him so hard on the groin. 


“Sure~ convince yourself with that,” the snickered once again, and I glowered at him. He obviously didn't care that much about my annoyance, as he sneakily  retreated back to his previous place.

 

“Ignore him. Come, let's get you to sleep,” Xiumin waved his hand in front of Sehun’s face to emphasize how I should ignore his presence completely. Sehun groaned at the action of Xiumin, while I poked my tongue out, making Sehun even more annoyed than before.


“Yah!” the brat exclaimed loudly, but Xiumin and I ignored his presence completely and headed for the bed. I glanced back briefly at Baekhyun, and I saw him glancing down at his wiggling toes (I kind of don't understand how Baekhyun has a habit in moving his toes) and his expression was so blank, so emotionless that made me wonder what exactly is he hiding inside of him that he was so afraid of showing?

 

“C’mon!” Xiumin urged me, tugging on my wrist that he was holding. I pouted at Xiumin, and he only gave a playful tug that made me wonder how did this boy trust me so much and so easily in a span of a few days, while Baekhyun didn't? 


‘Your type is the worst,’ I remembered his words clearly in my head, how he was choking me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter