Amber

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I stared at the giant tree in the middle of my childhood park, my mind wandering elsewhere. It was early in the morning, and I tightened my jacket around my upper body to keep the cold away. I glanced up at the sky, seeing birds flying around, chirping happily and taking my anxiety with them. I blew out a big sigh, and closed my eyes tightly. I let loose all of my worries, my anxiety, and simply listened to the sound of the birds singing loudly. It felt like they didn't have any concern at all, just aimlessly running around and making people relaxed.


I started to recall the conversation I had with my parents last night, and I wondered if it would be alright now, since I’ll be leaving to go back to school later on this evening, to wander around. My mom was nervous all day, and she almost didn't allow me to head out today, thinking that something might turn wrong if I only stepped outside. I promised her that I wouldn't take the boys out, and hid them away in my room (under my bed).


“They could be a warrior, you know. They could be sent for you,” my mom spoke, trying hard to mask the worry in her eyes. She was fiddling with her fingers, it was almost too easy to know she was thinking of the unthinkable. I had just returned home with my warriors, and I immediately rushed to my parents and told them about the figure watching me from above. (My father had a mini heart attack at first, because I was dressed ‘skimpily’ as he said).


“Or they could just be anyone who wants to take advantage of a little girl with a short dress,” my father concluded with a smug look on his face, though I could see the annoyance dripping from his entire body. Of course I had to roll my eyes at him, because he was being awfully ridiculous. I had four boys beside me (sure they looked pretty, and too lanky to be able to fight) but I’m sure kidnappers wouldn’t attack a girl with that many boys.


“Why are they even here, Hani? This is a family matter,” my dad sighed while massaging his forehead, waving at my warriors who were scattered around me. I couldn't help but frown, and take Sehun’s hand, who was sitting closest to me. “They are family now, father,” my father sighed again, but didn't say anything anymore. I sent my warriors all a smile, and they didn't even look at me, I guess because my parents are here with me, but I could see their shoulders sagging in relief, which seemed to magically travel within me as well.


“Anyway, Hani, you need to practice your aura manipulation. At least then you would be able to turn it on and off and people won't be suspicious. I’m sure lots of students – and teachers – have felt the aura the Exo cards were emitting. Since there are only four cards, the Aura wasn't immensely strong, but I’m sure they thought it was coming from you.”


“Why wouldn't they know it was the warriors though? I thought everyone knew about the Exo deck. My teacher did.”

“From what you have told me, honey, the teacher is an Aura Adaptation teacher. He can sense auras more than other people, students and teachers alike. He can sense the slightest difference, even if it's minimal. Other people, though knowing the existence of the Exo cards, tend to overlook them all the time, because they never think anyone would actually attain them, let along a seventeen year old girl,” my mother explained this time, her hands reaching for my father's and taking it in her hold before caressing them gently, absentmindedly, her mind wandering elsewhere. I glanced at my warriors one more time, and I found Joonmyeon taking sneak peeks at me which I immediately noticed, and he only smiled at me when he noticed he had gotten caught.

 

“Well, I don't know how to manipulate my aura, not to mention I’m excused from everything in school that is bound to expose my rank.”


“Even so, you still need to learn. Even if the students didn't know, they would question it, and they will do anything to know what you are hiding. It's better for you to be prepared, and Hani, when you gain another card, you have to reveal your rank, your real rank.”


“Why?”


“Because then the power would magnify, and fourth ranks cannot have the aura they would be feeling then. Fifth ranks have unlimited aura power, they change depending on the person. I don't think they would notice you're a little bit stronger.”


I sighed heavily, my eyes still closed, and tried to ignore the burning feeling of uneasiness growing within me. Of course, my parents didn't know about the warrior – or Wielder, considering the boys couldn't tell – who they were, but they think that whoever sent them, was after my cards. My mother thinks that not all Wielders are oblivious, she thinks that at least one had figured out about my possession, and that they would come for me. I don't know why they would, because as Joonmyeon said, no one had ever been able to collect two cards under the same master. Are they that greedy? That they would want to inquire cards they cannot attain, just because someone else has them?


I shook my head. There must be another reason why the teacher gave up Joonmyeon’s card without a fight, and there must be a reason someone had followed me yesterday. I don't know why, and I’m sure my parents and warriors do not know why as well, but I’m sure there is a bigger reason than us, something big, something that would get the Exo cards as unreachable as they are, something so big, that I have people running behind me for them. I needed to find out, but how? I let out a groan, why am I so clueless? “It struck me like lightning that the way you were like was maybe because it was all meant to be. You were meant to be the girl you are today, and maybe if you had known how this society works, you wouldn't have grown to be like this, so pure and secured from tainting. It may seem cheesy to you, but I think there is a purpose, a higher power that made you like this, to be our last salvation.” Joonmyeon’s words struck me like lightning, and I found myself gulping. What if he was right? What if this was meant to be, and that we are all in the midst of a game that I’m supposed to finish? I shook my head, these dangerous thoughts will not consume me.


The chirping of birds stopped, and the air around me picked up its speed. I frowned in annoyance, because sudden atmosphere swings are definitely not my thing at all. “Where are you, Hani?” I snapped my eyes open at the sudden voice in my head, my heartbeat increasing. This wasn't normal, the voice was the same as the voice in my haunting dreams.


My eyes zoomed to a boy, who was suddenly in front of me when I opened my eyes. My heart skipped a beat, because he was standing two meters in front of me, and he was staring at me like he is staring at a freshly baked cake he is ready to eat. His hair was dark, ruffled and moved by the appearing wind, (the weather has mood swings as well) and he was probably as tall as Sehun. His eyes, sending ice daggers through my soul, piercing my heart. I held my breath, and when I released it, the boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter