The Past (2/3)

I Need Love [Editing]

It's been five months since I had a real conversation with Jaejoong. Ever since Sooyoung came to his life, things started to change. I walked to school. "Eun Hae!" I heard someone calling me. I turned around to see Jiyeon running towards me. "Happy Birthday!" She came running and tackling me with a hug. "Thank you" I hugged her back. "Hey, let's grab dinner to celebrate it okay" I nodded. We were laughing and talking while walking into class. I stopped mid-way. She looked at where I was staring. "Come on, let's get to class" She pulled me by the arm.

~Jiyeon POV~

It was maths class. I looked at Eun Hae who was sitting beside me. She looked like she's concentrating but I knew her mind was else where. I took out a piece of paper and tore it.

"Are you free tonight?" I wrote it and passed it to Jaejoong who was in front of me.

"I have a date. Why?" He passed back the paper. I rolled my eyes as I read his reply.

"It's July 18th"  I passed it back trying not to get caught. I heard him scoffed.

"So?" He wrote back. I sighed. "So much for being a bestfriend" I muttered under my breath not bothering to reply. I crushed the paper and set it aside. I looked over to Eun Hae and felt sad for her.

~Jaejoong POV~

"July 18th" Why does the date sound so farmiliar and important. I kept thinking about. I didn't pay any attention to Sooyoung. "Jae. Are you listening?" She asked while waving her hands in front of my face.

"Huh?" I looked at her breaking away from my thoughts. "Does July 18th remind you of anything?"  I asked randomly. She looked at me completely confused. She shook her head still confused. "Never mind. We're still up for a date today right?" I asked smiling at her. She nodded enthusiastically. I chuckled at how cute she was being and kissed her cheeks. Her cheeks turned crimson red. "Aww.. look who's blushing" I . She giggled while smacking my arm playfully.

 

We went out  on a date. Hanging out and watching a movie. I took her out for dinner. While we were chatting I heard someone singing a birthday song. "Happy bithday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy bithday to Taemin. Happy birthday to you" I cheered along with the rest. While clapping I suddenly remembered something.

"!" I muttered under my breath. "Sooyoung, I'm sorry. I have to go, it's an emergency." I left some money on the table and kissed her goodbye before she could even asked what happened and rushed out. "Babo, how could you forget something this important" I scolded myself as I ran as fast as I can. Hopefully I wasn't too late to celebrate with her.

~Eun Hae~

"Thanks Jiyeon. It was a great birthday" I thanked her. "Hey what about us. We did something too" Jinki pouted while Changsun and Junhyung nodded in agreement. I giggled "Thanks, you guys" I acknowledge them. "Cheers" Jiyeon held out her glass. "Cheers!" We shouted in unison. While clinking our glasses together.

"It's a wondererful suprise guys. Thank you" I thanked them again and hugged them one by one. "I've got to go though. It's getting late. You guys go on without me" I smiled. "You sure?" Junhyung asked. I nodded. I waved back at them as I make my way. Honestly, I had a blast but I didn't feel like staying there anymore. I walked towards an abandoned playground. Most of my childhood was spent here, with him. I sat on the swing while pushing myself. Feeling the cold wind touching my skin. I breathed out the cold air, watching it dissapear into the thin air.

~Jaejoong POV~

I dialed her number while holding flowers in my other hand. She didn't answer. I dialed someone who I hoped knew where she was "Jiyeon! Is Eun Hae there with you?" I asked speaking rather quickly. "Why?" She sounded annoyed at me. "Look, I know I forgot but I remembered now. Just don't be difficult and tell me where is she" I demanded. I heard her sigh. "She went home" She finally said. I hung up and ran towards her house. I was glad that it wasn't far from where I was. I knocked on the door, almost banging and beating the door down.

"Oh Jae-ah, What are you doing here?" Her mom asked. "Mrs Song, Is Eun Hae in? " I asked hoping she is while searching for her. She shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. I thought she went out with you" I nodded in understanding and bowed. I walked away. "Where is she?" I asked myself. Scratching my head while thinking of a place.

~Eun Hae POV~

I felt my phone vibrated but I didn't care anymore. I wiped away my tears which came out volunteerily. I tried so hard not to think of him but everything just reminded me of him. I didn't care if he doesn't accept my feelings. All I want is my bestfriend back. I decided to pick myself up and walked away. I looked down to the ground. I didn't want anybody to notice me. Then, I accidently bumped into someone. I bowed to apologised but I was caught by surprise when that stranger hugged me.

"Yah, did you know how desperate I was trying to find you?" He asked while my hair. "Jae?" I whispered. He realeased me from the hug. "Yah, pabo. Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday today? You could at least remind me" He chuckled while ruffling my hair. I looked at him. Is this a dream? Did god hear me? Is he answering to me?

"Yah" He broke my train of thoughts. "Hey, are you crying?" He asked while he saw my tears flowing freely. I shook my head. He cupped my face. "Hey" He cooed. He wiped my tears. "I thought you forgot" I whispered. He gave me a gentle smile. "I.. kinda did" He said smiling sheepishly. "Pabo" I managed between sobs. "Pabo" I repeated.

"You left me. You didn't talk to me. Now, you've forgotten my birthday?" I hit his chest. "I'm sorry" He apologised, letting me hit him. I pouted as I didn't have anymore strength to hit him. "Satisfied?" He asked while holding my hands. I shook my head and continued to pout. "Hm.. How about tomorrow, I'll treat you to have some ice-cream? Hm?" He asked. "One condition make it-" "A double-scoop ice-cream with caramel sauce. I know" I couldn't help but to crack a smile. He hugged me tight. "Happy birthday" He whispered into my ears. While pulling something out of his jacket. "Here" He handed me a bouquet of flowers. This is why I love him. He doesn't seize to amaze me and put a smile on my face.

"I know it looks horrible now but, at least I brought you something"