Death At The Funeral

I Need Love [Editing]

~Jinki POV~

After five month of battling hard, she finally left us. I sat there staring at our picture we took and the letter she left behind before she took her last breath. I wasn't strong enough to open the envelope. I was still weak after she left. I heard the door creaked open and I saw the gang walking in. Eun Hae gave a small smile. I could tell she has been crying so hard. Her eyes were puffy red. She came to me and hugged me. I tried to be brave for Jiyeon, I didn't want to let her see me cry. I wanted to show her that I was fine, that I'm strong. I held everything in.

"It's time to go" Junhyung said as he pat my back. I gave him a small nod.

All of us stood there. Listening to the priest. I hung my head low. I heard sniffing here and there. As the goodbye speech by her parents were over, it was our turn. As close friends, we decided to speak together. One by one they said great things about her. Finally it was my turn. I stared at the audience. My eyes scanned through. From our old and new friends, her relatives, her parents then, to her deathbed. I cleared my throat.

"Hi, everyone. I'm sure that Jiyeon has left us all a deep impression of her before she left all of us. She was a great friend, sister and daughter. I've known her since god knows when and I've loved her ever since. I know it hurts to see her go but she will always remain in our hearts. Jiyeon, s-she..." I wanted to contnue but my eyes travelled back to her deathbed that I couldn't continue on. "I'm sorry, excuse me" I excused myself and walked away. I calmed myself down before I went to the buryal ceremony.

~Jaejoong POV~

I stood at the back while watching. Wearing sunglasses to cover up my eyes. I remembered Jiyeon so well. She was the person who came to comfort me. It's either her or Eun Hae. I can't believe I wasn't by her side when she was sick. I cursed myself for not being a great friend to her and others. All I could do was to watch from afar instead of being there with them. Sharing the pain. I scanned through the crowds and my eyes were focused on Eun Hae. She was crying her heart out. I watched her turned and bury herself into somebody's chest. I looked closely to find him hugging her. I admit that I was jealous but I knew that I deserved it. She deserve someone like Doojoon. Not a bastard who left her there and called her names. 

~Jinki POV~

I stood there staring at her tombstone. I felt a pat at my back. "She's in a better place now. She loved you so much, you know that right?" Her dad said. I nodded. Her mom came to me and hugged me tight. "You'll be fine right?" She asked me. I nodded silently. As people started to walk away, I sat there near her tombstone.

"We're going" The gang said as they left me alone. Eun Hae walked towards me and crouched down, "It's okay to cry you know" She whispered as she hugged me and kissed the top of my head. I gave her a small smile and stared ahead.

It has been a while since everyone cleared out. I suddenly remembered her letter that she gave me before she left and decided to read it. I dug in my suit pocket and took out the folded envelope. I took out the letter and studied it. It has some smudged ink in it and I knew she had been crying while writing this.

~The Letter~

Dear Chicken Maniac,

I just want to say thank you for everything, I'm just scared that I won't have time to say it to you but I really am thankful for having you by my side everyday. Do you know how cute you looked when you sleep? You might be wondering when I'm writing this letter. Right now, you're sleeping on the chair right next to me. Holding my hand. How I wish we could stay like this forever.

Sometimes I would pray at night to God. Asking Him to give me more time with you. Enough to say goodbye properly. I can't help but to think that I've wasted our years together by not saying the things we always wanted to say to each other. Like, I love you, I miss you, I need you. I know we've always say those words but it was just not enough.

Thank you for making me happy. No matter the high and lows we have, you never failed to make me happy again. Sometimes I would laugh to myself thinking about the day you decided to confess to me. We were both so ignorant about our feelings. I remembered when we shared our first kiss. You almost fainted. It was weird as I was the one who initiated the kiss instead of you. I remembered after sharing it, you were totally motionless and too surprised by the kiss that you lost you ability to talk. Remember when I was so upset that you chose chicken over me? I didn't talk to you for days. Then, you apologised to me by taking me to a chicken restaurant. You can never forget about your love of chicken huh?

I know I didn't reply to you just now when you said you want a family with me. I just couldn't take it. I cried silently to myself. I wanted all of that too. I imagined us together. In a beach house having kids running around. One of them calling us. "Appa! Omma!" I always imagined that. Being a mom and having our kids calling me 'Omma'

I had a dream of us getting married. I walked down the aisle and you were there waiting for me being all handsome in your black tux. Giving me you million dollar smile. Then after that you would call me "Mrs. Lee". I'll always wait for that day to happened. I felt so bad for not being able to be the one who you would get married to, have kids with and spent your life with. I'm so sorry.

Jinki-ah, you look so skinny. Have you not been eating well? Is it because of me? If it is then I apologise for it. When I'm gone, please take care of yourself. You don't have me in your way anymore so please eat and sleep well. Find yourself a good girl alright? Love her and cherish her like you cherished me. Move on and carry on with your life, don't let me be the one who is in your way. I'm not telling you to forget me but I want to keep me in your heart but also have space for a new love. Just know that I love you so much. I'm sure you'll make a good father and husband one day. Annyeong Jinki-ah

Saranghae

Jiyeon