Chapter 2

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------

Jongin

Jongin: Jeongmal?!

Jaewon: Yes. We're flying back in four hours so do whatever you want during that time but be sure to be back at the hotel in at least two hours.

Chanyeol: Gomawo hyung!

Yesterday, we completed our concert in LA, and we were supposed to fly to New York today but waking up this morning, we were told that we would be going back to Korea for four days to attend the Golden disc awards, and rest a bit. I was more than happy to think that I would be able to see my family and Soojung then.

I felt so bad not being able to celebrate our first valentine's day together as an actual couple, even though she was extremely understanding.

I have to admit that it felt really good spending it with our American EXO-L too. It was a new experience in LA.

I mean, who would have thought that a young boy from South Korea like me would be touring America and gathering thousands of people like that?

We are so truly blessed and we are so grateful.

Jongin: Hyung, you said that Soojung would be presenting the ceremony right?

Jaewon: Eo, it was decided two days ago. She is presenting with Teuk. Did she not tell you already?

Jongin: We haven't been able to properly talk for a few days. Only by text.

Jaewon: Knowing Soojung, she must be feeling burdened by this hosting job.

Jongin: I know.

I wanted to call her, but since I was going to be there by tomorrow, I decided to surprise her instead.

Jaewon: I'll try to find her schedule for tomorrow so that you can surprise her.

Jongin: Thank you, hyung!

Everything was getting into place and I couldn't wait for those four hours to fly away. I decided to write a message to our EXO-L on our app.

I communicated with them like that for an hour then decided to see what my members were doing, so I made my way out of my hotel room.

I directly walked over to Baekhyun and Chen's room knowing that Chanyeol, Suho, Sehun, D.O and Xiumin were out exploring LA.

For already having been here last year with my family and Soojung, I preferred staying in this time around.

Thinking about it now, we weren't even together at that time, but it already felt like it. When I asked her if she wanted to come to LA with my family and I, I expected her to say no, but she did not. That's when I felt like maybe she shared the feelings I had for her for all this time. And she did.

Jongin: Hyungs! What are you doing?

Chen: Trying to go back to sleep.

Jongin: Aren't you going to wait to be on the plane to sleep? It's going to be an 18 hours long flight.

Baekhyun: That's what I've been telling him for the past hour, but he is not listening.

Chen: Well obviously I was, because I'm still awake.

I laughed at my two brothers' antics and jumped next to Chen on his bed.

Chen: Why are you so happy?

Baekhyun: Because he is going to see Jung Soojung tomorrow.

Chen: We will be there at 5 pm only, Jongin. Maybe you won't even be able to see her.

Jongin: Hyung, don't jinx it! I am planning to surprise her!

Baekhyun: It will be impossible. If she is at the company she is sure going to hear about it from a staff member or someone.

Jongin: No, she's been chosen as the GDA's host. I don't think she will get to spend that much time at the company.

Chen: Seems like you've got it all covered. Aigo, our kid is in love. Isn't it beautiful, Baek?

Baekhyun: Mm?... Eo!

I looked at Baekhyun and felt sorry for him. I regretted coming in so excited about seeing my girlfriend, knowing that he just got out of a relationship. He must be feeling down sometimes, thinking about it.

Jongin: I am going to go back to my room and finish packing. I'll see you later, hyungs!

I made my way outside but instead of going back to my room, I took the elevator down to the lobby, then walked to our hotel's private garden. It felt nice sitting under the sun and enjoying the scenery. The flowers and plants were beautifully cut, and it reminded me of Krystal and her love for flowers.

I really couldn't wait to see her.

-----------------------------
Soojung

I was driving back home after a long day at the Golden Disc Awards' venue. Hyunmoo, Leeteuk and I had to make sure that everything was perfectly planned for tomorrow's ceremony, and we also watched some rehearsals while we were there.

The thought of being one of the hosts was already frightening to me, so I didn't want to think about it too much. With Jessica and Jongin being away, I felt more nervous for some reason. I needed someone to reassure me and tell me that it will be fine, but I know that they are both busy.

I still have my incredible members, always there supporting me, and I also talk with Jessica every day. I just wished she could be here with me. And him too.

My phone rang, interrupting my train of thoughts. I put it on speaker after answering it.

Soojung: Oppa! How are you?

Jaewon: Soojung-ah! I'm good! How about you? What are you doing?

Soojung: I'm okay! Driving right now. How is LA?

Jaewon: Hot! Ha-ha. I heard the good news! Congratulations on being chosen as one of the MCs for the Golden Disc Awards!

Soojung: Thank you, oppa! I'm so nervous though.

Jaewon: Don't be! You'll nail it, like everything you do!

Soojung: Thank you, oppa! How are the boys liking LA?

Jaewon: They are not liking it, they are loving it. Except for one grumpy guy who doesn't go out of his room at all.

Soojung: How come?

Jaewon: How do you know who I am referring to? Ha-ha. I don't know, he just stays in and do nothing. Where are you driving to?

Soojung: I am driving home. That doesn't sound like him... Do you want me to speak to him?

Jaewon: He is already asleep... I just wanted to know how you were feeling. I'll let you get home safely.

Soojung: Thank you, oppa. I'll see you soon.

Jaewon: Yeah, have a good evening Sooj!

I was feeling uneasy after that phone call. What was happening to Jongin? Why was he sulking like that? Is it related to work? To his family? To us?

I had a bunch of questions popping in my head, and not positive ones. I got to my apartment complex after thirty minutes and slowly made my way up to my condo, still thinking about him. What could be happening to him?

I typed the code and walked in the apartment, ready to go to my room and jump on my bed. I was exhausted.

As I walked in the kitchen to get a glass of water, something felt off. I looked around the apartment and felt anxious. Just as I was about to turn around to walk back to the door, I heard noise coming from my room.

I tip toed to my boldly door and opened in after counting to three.

Jongin: Surprise!

Soojung: Aah!

I jumped back and tripped, causing me to fall flat on the floor. Jongin rushed to me and kneeled down to give me a hand.

Jongin: Kwenchana?!

Soojung: Yah! Why are you scaring me like that?!

Jongin: I didn't mean to. Mian!

I recomposed myself before standing up. That's when I realized that Jongin was here, in Seoul, in my house, my room.

Soojung: What are you doing here?!

Jongin: I wanted to surprise you. I guess I really did.

I looked at him, still not sure if I was seeing things, or if he was really here.

Soojung: Are you really here?

I asked more so to myself. I realized I wasn't dreaming when he did his signature killer smile, melting my heart in an instant. I jumped on him and hugged him as tight as I could and as if he had been waiting for it, he immediately held me back too.

Soojung: Thank you for being here!

Jongin: I've missed you too.

We stayed in that position for as long as we could, none of us speaking. He gently caressed the small of my back while I rested my head on his shoulder.

Jongin: Come on, let's sit down.

I reluctantly un loosened my hold, but as I was completely letting go, he held my hand and lead me to the couch. We sat down and hugged one more time, our hands still clasped together.

Soojung: What are you doing here?

Jongin: I couldn't wait to see you. How have you been?

Soojung: Good. How is the tour going?

Jongin: So far so good. Our LA concert was so much fun. All of our concerts were crazy fun.

Soojung: What are you even doing here? The tour isn't over yet. I had Jaewon Oppa on the phone like thirty minutes ago and he to-

Jongin: Babe, it was all planned. I had to know where you were first to be able to make a good surprise.

Soojung: Well... It worked.

He chuckled a bit before ruffling my hair.

Jongin: I missed you.

Soojung: You've already said that.

Jongin: I will never get tired of saying it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter