Chapter 24

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin: Where are you?

Soojung: At the back, where we usually sit. Ask one of the waiters, if you can't find us.

Jongin: I think I can see you. Is Noona wearing a white top?

Soojung: Eo!

Jongin: Okay. Coming!

Jongin hung up and headed over to where the girls were sitting.

Jongin: Annyeonghaseyeo, Noona.

He gave Jessica a hug.

Jessica: How are you, skinny legs?

This has been Jessica's way of calling Jongin since his debut days. She has a personal nickname for most of Soojung's closest people.

Jongin walked around the table to give Soojung a quick peck on the cheek, before sitting down in front of her.

Jongin: Did you already order?

He asked the sisters.

Soojung: No, we were waiting for you.

Jongin nodded his head, before calling one of the waiters. They all ordered their food and drinks, together.

Jongin: What about Tyler Hyung?

Jessica: He is in New York, at the moment, but Irene Eonnie is on her way.

Jongin: Oh, okay.

Soojung: Merry Christmas, by the way!

Jongin: Oh, yeah! Merry Christmas, Noona! Merry Christmas, baby.

He held Soojung's hand over the table, and sweetly looked at her. Jessica smiled at the two, happy to see them acting so cutely, with one another.

Jongin: Let me take a picture of the two of you.

He took his phone out, and captured the moment. He showed the picture to the sisters.

Jessica: Oh, I like it! Can you send it to me?

Jongin: Alright.

Soojung: How was your day, with your family?

Jongin: It was pretty nice. Rahee loved the presents we got her, by the way!

Soojung: I'm glad! How about your parents?

Jongin: Of course, they loved them. Their Soojung got them for them.

Soojung chuckled and shook her head at her boyfriend.

Soojung: Did you get any presents?

Jongin: No, not this year. I asked them not to get me anything, anyway. Did you buy anything for Noona?

Jessica: She got us matching phone cases. Isn't this the cutest?

She showed her phone case, making Jongin smile at how cute it was. He always smiles looking at Soojung and her sister showing affection to each other.

Soojung: I got you something too, don't worry.

Jongin: Same here. I also got some for your parents and siblings. I left them in my car.

Jessica: Oh, you shouldn't have! As long as you take care of this cute little monkey, we're all fine!

They all laughed together.

Jessica: How do you feel about formally meeting our parents, for the first time?

Soojung: Eonnie, he met them twice already.

Jessica: Yes, one time on Jaehyun's birthday, and super quickly.

Soojung: That time, and also at my birthday dinner, last year.

Jessica: Please, Sooj', they didn't even get to talk, that time. You had a bunch of friends over, and I'm sure Appa didn't even know which one was your boyfriend, back then.

Soojung: Eonnie!

Jessica laughed, glad to see that her little joke was working. She was just trying to baby sister, and see how she would react.

Jessica: I'm just joking, baby! I don't want to put any pressure on him, either.

Jongin: Don't worry about me, baby. I will manage.

Jongin told Soojung, before smiling to reassure her.

Irene: Hello, hello!

Jessica: Eonnie!

The two friends were so excited to see each other after so long that they started jumping up and down, in the middle of the restaurant. Thankfully, there were not a lot of people. Most of them laughed and looked at the two women with happy smiles.

Maybe it was the spirit of Christmas working its magic.

Irene: Soojung!

Soojung: Eonnie!

The two hugged two, before Irene turned to Jongin and greeted him. They had already met once before, at the girls' apartment.

Jessica: How was your day?

Irene: Nice! I was with my sister and parents, all day. My brother couldn't fly back in, for Christmas, unfortunately.

Jessica: Is he going to be here on New Year's eve?

Irene: Hopefully! Did you guys order, already?

Soojung: Yes, but Eonnie ordered for you too.

Irene: Thank you!

 

------------------------

Jongin

When we finished eating, we all headed to the Jung's residence. Soojung rode with me, while her sister and Irene took the other car.

Soojung: Are you nervous?

Jongin: Not really. I have already met them, so I know they're going to be nice.

Soojung: Good! I don't want you to take this too formally.

Jongin: I just have a question. How come they've met Taemin multiple times, already?

Soojung: They've met all the SHINee's members, more than once. Remember that SHINee and f(x) used to work together, all the time, back in the day. When my parents came to see the girls and I perform, they'd naturally meet with the boys too.

Jongin: Ah...

Soojung: Why that question, though?

Jongin: Just wondering. He told me how nice they are, probably in an attempt to reassure me, but it just made me more curious about how he knew all of what he knew.

Soojung: Why didn't you ask him directly, then?

Jongin: I don't really know. I guess I just feel like you're the only one allowed to see me being a cute little jealous boyfriend.

I told her, before smirking. I said that on purpose, because I love seeing her, looking dumbfounded, every time I am this straightforward.

Soojung: Who said you were cute?

Jongin: What?!

I was trying to sound hurt, but hearing the sound of her cute giggle made me grin, naturally.

Soojung: You're such a yeochin pabo, Kim Jongin.

Jongin: No, I'm a Soojung pabo.

Soojung: Jongin, stop it!

We both laughed together. It had been a month since Soojung and I reconciled, and everything was going smoothly since. We grew the habit of communicating about our feelings, and not only the good ones, to work towards a more honest relationship.

We learn every day.

Jongin: I am happy to see you, Soojung.

I put one of my hands on top of hers and let it rest there, on her thigh. I felt her looking at me, and I could tell that she was grinning. I wasn't looking back at her, because I was trying to focus on the road.

Soojung: I am happy to see you too. Thank you for coming tonight.

I smiled again.

When we got there, she helped me take the bags of presents up to her parents' home.

Soojung: Why did you buy so many things, Jongin? It must have cost you a lot!

Jongin: It's fine. I have to thank your family for raising a beautiful young woman like you.

Soojung: Jongin!

I love teasing her. I know how bashful she gets when I talk like this, and her reaction never disappoints. We met Irene and her sister, at the door. Jessica typed the password and walked in first.

Soojung: Ready?

Jongin: Yes. Don't worry!

We walked in after Irene. The first person I saw was Jaehyun as he pulled his sisters into a tight and loving embrace. Because he is taller than them, he was towering them, making the whole scene look even more cute, than it already was.

I started wondering if this was how I looked, with my sisters. It must be.

Jaehyun: Irene noona!

Irene: Eo! How have you been, Jaehyun-ah?

Jaehyun: Good! Come on in! The parents are in the living room.

Jessica: Nice sweater you got on, Jae!

Jessica joked.

Jaehyun: Noona! Mom made me wear it!

I took a better look at Jaehyun and realized that he was wearing the typical Christmas sweater, with the Christmas trees and the reindeers sewed on it. We all walked to the living room where their parents were setting the table for tea. As soon as they heard us coming in, they looked up and smiled.

Mrs. Jung: Hello, kids!

Soojung: Mommy!

The girls rushed to their parents, to greet them. Irene followed suit, and quickly took her marks in the Jung's home.

Mr. Jung: Mr. Kim! Finally we meet you, one on one!

Jongin: Ah, Hello sir! Hello, Mrs. Jung. I'm sorry for coming so late, to greet you.

Mrs. Jung: It's totally fine! It's nice to see you again!

I shook her dad's hand and got a pat on the back from her mother. I was a nervous wreck. I could not even look at them in the eyes, and all I did was to stupidly smile.

Mr. Jung: Come sit down! How was dinner?

Jes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter