Chapter 12

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung had been standing in front of that door for about two minutes already, still not believing what was happening.

Taemin: Yah, go in already!

Taemin exclaimed, getting impatient at his two friends who were just standing still and looking at each other as if they were seeing the other for the first time.

Jongin: Come on.

Jongin finally said as he grabbed Soojung's hand and pulled her inside the room. He looked at Taemin again and happily smiled at his friend.

Jongin: Thank you, Taemin. I will make it up to you.

Taemin smiled back at his two friends and motioned for Jongin to close the door, before turning around and leaving the hallway.

---------------------
Jongin

As soon as I closed the door, I turned around to look at Soojung. She was still standing where I left her, and she was staring at me.

I didn't quite catch the meaning of the expression on her face at first. I didn't know if she was upset, relieved, shocked, or all of the above.

Jongin: Soojung?

I said, starting to walk towards her.

Soojung: Nappeun neomu...

She finally said, making me stop in my track. She looked at me and pouted, probably unconsciously.

Soojung: Why were you being like that?

She asked me, sounding upset and hurt.

Jongin: I wanted to surprise you. I just wanted you to not expect this.

I said, showing her the room. She slightly looked around before turning back to me almost immediately.

Soojung: You didn't have to be like that for this to work.

She said, clearly not over the way I acted towards her this whole week. I really had to apologize for hurting her feelings and making her feel so nervous.

Jongin: I'm sorry, Soojung. I didn't mean for you to feel this bad.

I said as I walked closer to her. She was looking down at the floor and not directly at me, so I gently grabbed her chin and lifted her face up.

I started panicking a little bit when I saw the look in her eyes. She was clearly about to cry, and I didn't know what to do.

Jongin: Soojung. Wae?

I asked as I engulfed her into a tight hug.

Soojung: I was really scared. I didn't want to think about what was going to happen to us and I had so many things going on at the same time. I don't think I would have been able to handle it if something was really wrong.

Her voice cracked a little bit at the end, and I could feel the honest fear I caused her, in the words she just told me.

Jongin: Soojung, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault! I didn't mean to make you cry.

I said as I looked at her and wiped away the tears that were slowly falling on her cheeks, with my thumbs.

Soojung: Don't worry, I'm just really relieved that it is all over now. I'm happy to know that I didn't really have anything to worry about.

Jongin: Alright. Don't cry anymore, then.

She nodded her head before wiping the last tears away, herself. She then looked around the room for real this time before speaking.

Soojung: What is all of this for, anyway?

I smiled before looking at the room. I was proud of how I managed to decorate it according to Soojung's taste.

I changed the normally colorful sheets of the hotel's bed and dressed the table with tones of white and cream items, making it all look like a room one would find in foreign countries' hotels.

I put a little teddy bear in the middle of the bed, next to the little box containing the gift I got her. I guess I was too busy admiring my own work and forgot to answer her question because she repeated herself.

Jongin: Ah. Follow me.

I took her hand again instead and walked to the side of the room where the table was, so that she could see it better.

Jongin: Tada!

I said, opening and directing my arms towards the table. I wanted her to see every single detail of it. Because each of them was important tonight.

The corners of went up, forming a sweet smile and showing her eye-smile in the process. This meant that she really liked what she was looking at.

Soojung: Jongin. This is absolutely beautiful.

She walked closer to the table to examine it.

Soojung: 'Happy one year anniversary, KaiStal.'

She read on the card that I placed on the table before turning to me with a questioning look.

Soojung: One year?

She asked as she started counting it with her fingers.

Soojung: It's next week, baby.

Jongin: I know. But we won't be together next week so I wanted to celebrate it during this trip.

I said as I walked to where she was standing. I took her left hand in mine and brought it to my mouth.

Jongin: And plus if I consider all the time I have been in love with you, we would be celebrating our two years together.

I kissed the back of her hand and kept it in mine afterwards.

Soojung: Going on the third.

She added while smiling at me.

I chuckled a bit and nodded my head at her. She looked at the table again and that was when she saw the flowers I bought her.

Soojung: Jongin!

She exclaimed, covering with her hands, expressing her surprise.

Soojung: Pink flowers? I have never seen those.

She added as she sat at the table to admire the flowers.

Soojung: Wow.

She took one of them and smelled it.

Soojung: It smells so good. What is the meaning behind these flowers?

She asked without looking at me. Her question made me smile because it confirmed how much I knew my girlfriend.

I sat in front of her and looked at the flowers before answering.

Jongin: Pink flowers mean innocence, playfulness, and sensitivity. For some, pink flowers are the most romantic color because they are not as intense as deep reds and therefore express a deeper spectrum of love's possibilities. Just like our relationship.

She smiled again before shaking her head at me.

Soojung: This is beautiful, Jongin. I love them.

Jongin: I thought you would not like the color.

Soojung: I don't.

She replied before chuckling. I wasn't taken aback because I expected that much honesty coming from her. That's my girl, after all.

Soojung: But I love the meaning behind it. And I love you.

She looked up at me and reached for my hand.

Soojung: Okay, there must be something more because this is a way too 'Soojung like' scenario. The Kim Jongin I know is way more cheesier than this.

Jongin: There's nothing more... for now.

Soojung: I knew it!

She exclaimed before giggling.

Before I could say anything more, someone knocked at the door, interrupting our conservation.

Soojung: Who is it?

Soojung asked me, getting up from her seat.

Soojung: Should I hide somewhere?

She whispered as I stood up to go open the door.

Jongin: Bathroom.

I whispered back before walking to the door. I opened it and it was our dinner.

I let the employee come in and put the food on the table before giving him some tip money on his way out. I called Soojung to come out of the bathroom while I sat at the table.

Jongin: Soojung?

I called her again, not sure if she heard me because she didn't come out of the bathroom. She still didn't respond or come out so I stoop up from my seat and walked towards the bathroom, to go check on her.

I knocked at the door and waited for her to reply but nothing happened so I walked in.

Jongin: Soojung?

I found her standing in front of the mirror, focused on what was written on it. I fell into a panic mode as soon as I remembered what I wrote on it.

Jongin: Soojung!

She jumped up upon hearing me call her name so loud and looked at me.

Soojung: What?

She asked me, sounding alarmed.

Jongin: Come here.

I pulled her away from the mirror and lead her back to the room. I made her sit back at the table before doing the same thing.

We stayed silent for a minute before I finally mustered the courage to speak.

Jongin: It's not-

Soojung: Ah, I'm so hungry! Dinner is going to get cold if we don't eat it right away!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter