Chapter 16

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                              

All of SM artists were gathered in Japan again for the new SM encore tour. The atmosphere was very joyful, and it felt like everyone's spirit was lifted after the vacation in Hawaii. For those who did not attend the getaway like Jongin and Soojung, the mood was still on point because they used those days to spend some quality time with their families.

Soojung had visited Jongin's family home almost everyday after spending some time with her parents, to help his mother take care of him. His ankle was almost completely healed, but he was still taking it easy.

Soojung had decided that at the next SM tour she would participate to the opening, and that day finally arrived. She was excited because she knew that the fans were going to be happy about it.

Since her sister left the company, she did not appear at a single opening and ending. She made that decision in the past to show that she was backing up her sister until the end, but now she felt like giving their fans a long awaited gift.

-'- Soojung -'-

I was in the van on the way back to the hotel after our dry rehearsal. We were finally going to be performing with all the members on a stage after a long time, so the overall mood of the team was very bright.

Victoria: I can't wait to be tonight and to perform for our MeUs after so long.

Luna: Me too! It's going to be the best!

Amber: After that vacation I feel completely relaxed, so I can only think of positive things. I can't wait to perform tonight.

Soojung: Did you film stuff for ranting monkey?

Amber: Of course! We both filmed for our respective shows.

Luna: It was really fun!

Victoria: Meanwhile I was working on my English. At least I'll be prepared for your next ranting monkey episode, when you'll interview me.

Amber: Interview!? Excuse us, superstar Song Qian!

Victoria chuckled at her own joke, making us all smile.

Luna: Well, we already know how Miss Jung spent her days off so we won't bother to ask.

Soojung: What do you mean?

Amber: You and Mister Kim must have spent some quality time together!

Soojung: It's not like you think! He was staying at his parents' all the while, and I just stopped by sometimes to help his mother out.

Victoria: Ooh! Already fulfilling the daughter in law duties, I see! Way to go, Jung Soojung!

Soojung: Eonnie! What are you saying now?

I giggled to dissipate the awkwardness of her statement.

Victoria: What? You've been dating for a long time, and you've been flying around each other like obsessed bees for the past ten years. What else does your relationship mean?

Wongyun: You girls want me to lose my job, right?

Our manager was with us in the car, and we all bursted into fits of laughter as soon as he said that. We thought that he was sleeping because he was silent for ten minutes. His remark was so out of the blue but so on point.

After we finished laughing, I replied to Victoria's question.

Soojung: Eonnie, it is way too soon to be speaking about marriage. We're just comfortably dating for now!

Victoria: I know that, Princess!

Luna: Aren't you even envisaging marriage on the long run?

Soojung: Why are we talking about marriage? What is this suddenly?

I was extremely confused as to how we went from talking about Hawaii to Jongin and I's hypothetical marriage. Talk about a quick escalation!

Amber: Girls, dont you think it's too soon to be mentioning something like this? They're barely 22 years old and they have so much time ahead of them. Let's not pressure her.

Soojung: Thank you!

Victoria: We're not asking her to get married right away! We're just questioning her about wether she feels like it is something she will eventually want to do with Jongin. It's not like she goes out that often to be able to meet someone else, right?

Luna: I think that what Eonnie is trying to say is that because they're public figures who already had a scandal break out about them, they should treat this relationship as if it is going to be their last. Because people won't be this indulgent if in the future if they get into different relationships. It to say it like that, but that's how our society treats celebrities' dating news.

I paused for a second, thinking of the whole situation. I'm sure that my members did not mean to make me nervous, bit it happened still.

Victoria: I guess I'm just saying this because that's what I would be thinking of, if I was in a relationship. But that also may be because of my age.

Victoria joked, but I was now in a serious reflexion.

I have never considered my relationship as the last one I would have, because I was just comfortably dating the guy I love. I never thought of it that way, but there is some truth in their words.

Because we are public figures that barely managed to get through a dating scandal, if our story does not work out it will be complicated for us to face the public in the future with our potential future relationships. Without realizing it, I had a bunch of scenarios flowing through my head and I lost focus of what my members were saying.

Amber: Soojung?

Soojung: Mm?

Victoria: Are you okay?

I closed my eyes for a split second before replying.

Soojung: I'm fine!

Amber: You've made her doubt! Look at her!

Luna: Really? Soojung, we didn't mean to put pressure on you! Of course we know that you're not getting married any time soon!

Soojung: It's okay! What you said was right, to be honest.

Victoria: I feel bad now. I was just joking at first!

Soojung: Eonnie, it's okay! Really! It just made me realize that I wanted to cherish this relationship as much as I can. We don't know what might happen, but because everyone knows about us now, we should live our love proudly. There's nothing wrong with that, right?

Amber: Of course!

Luna: You guys are perfect for each other. It's so refreshing to see you together. You both are so mature for your age, that I totally believe in the strength of your relationship!

Victoria: I agree. You guys are mature and you know that you have to put triple the effort into your relationship because of your jobs. It's really inspiring to see the two of you love so innocently.

My head shot up as soon as I heard her say the word innocently. I know that Jongin and I's love is pure, but I know what she really means by that word, and it's no longer the case.

My cheeks turned a bright pink, because I felt shy about what I was reminded of. I immediately turned around and stretched my body, trying to bring the attention of my members on something else. Thank God it worked.

Luna: Oh! I want a massage!

Amber: Me too! Oppa, do they have a spa at the hotel?

Wongyun: I think so. Do you want to get a massage?

Luna: Nae! I want a massage!

Wongyun: If they don't have it, I'll look for a nice place for you. Are you doing it too, Soojung?

Soojung: No, I'm just going to rest in my room.

Victoria: Me too. I need to sleep.

A few minutes after our conversation, we arrived at the hotel. All of us went our separate ways, and I made mine up to my room.

As I walked over to my door, I saw Taemin approaching.

Soojung: Oppa!

He looked up from his phone and smiled when he saw me.

Taemin: Soojung-ah. Where are you going?

Soojung: I'm going back to my room. Did you do your balance?

Taemin: No, I'm going to join the members in the lobby. We're leaving in a few minutes.

Soojung: Ah! Fighting.

He chuckled at my awkward word of encouragement.

Taemin: Jongin got back about thirty minutes ago. You should go see him.

Soojung: He is already back?

Taemin: Mm. Go have fun with your boyfriend, then text me about all the juicy stuff.

He joked, smiling evilly. I giggled and playfully hit his shoulder.

Taemin: I have to go, but I'll see you later.

Soojung: Okay! See you, Oppa!

I exclaimed as he walked past me, towards the lift. I started walking again, but instead of stopping at my door, I continued towards Jongin's.

I don't know if it was the company that decided to install us on the same floor, but I was glad they did. I could wander the corridor around and go see him without looking suspicious.

Once I reached the door, I knocked on it and waited for someone to come open it.

Sehun: Princess Jung. Welcome, welcome.

Soojung: Hello.

I smiled at my best friend and walked into the room. Jongin was comfortably laying on his bed, eyes fixed on the TV.

Sehun: I brought you your girlfriend, Mr. Kim.

Jongin finally looked away from the screen and sat right up when he saw me. He smiled and sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter