Chapter 3

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the day of the Golden disc awards Krystal had an audition for a new Korean/Chinese drama called "Graduation season". Two of the casting agents flew all the way to Seoul to be able to audition her, and she felt like it was already such an honor for busy and important people like them to travel all the way over to her.

She really wanted to be chosen for this role. She wanted to make her proofs as an actress and she also wanted to be part of a project that would allow her to travel and meet new people.

Always being categorized as a chic and unapproachable idol affected her more than she will ever admit because some celebrities thought it was difficult to befriend her, so they didn't even try to.

She ended up closing herself up and finding it hard to have a normal conversation with people she meets for the first time. She wanted to expand her horizons and make new friends around her.

Jongin knew how much it meant to her to let people know that she was anything but mean or cold. She isn't the type to care about what people say about her, but she just got tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

Jongin made sure to always protect her from that.

---------------------
Jongin

Suho: Jongin, we're here. Wake up.

I felt someone shaking me for a while and when I finally opened my eyes, I saw that we were at the Golden disc awards' venue. Fans were screaming outside, so I figured that some of my members were already getting out of the car.

Suho, Sehun, Baekhyun and I were in one car while the rest of the members rode another one to the venue.

Sehun: Straighten your clothes.

Sehun said, helping me out. I was still trying to get back to my senses after sleeping for twenty minutes.

Baekhyun: Kwenchana?

He asked me, concern apparent in his voice. I made a bad move earlier at rehearsals and slightly twisted my ankle. I had to stop for a while and go to the doctor. It is just a little sprain, but he advised me not to dance tonight if I wanted to be able to perform in New York in three days. All sorts of rearrangements had to be made for our stage because of me, so I felt sorry towards my members.

Jongin: Eo, let's go.

The boys waited until they were sure I was really ready, then opened the door. More screams erupted from the crowd gathered at the entrance. We got out one by one, joining the rest of the members on the red carpet. Sehun let me press my hand a bit on his arm to help myself walk without putting my body weight on my ankle.

We stopped for the press and answered the usual questions about the show, the awards, our mindsets, and the celebrities we were excited to see perform.

After we were done, we walked inside the building and were immediately met with our two managers waiting for us at the door. They showed us to our waiting room and as soon as I found a couch, I plopped on it, closing my eyes once again.

There was a TV screen from where we could see the red carpet and the many celebrities' arrival. I wasn't really interested in it because the only person I wanted to see at the moment was already at the venue and knowing that I wouldn't be able to meet with her made me upset. I opened my eyes when I heard Sehun speak.

Sehun: I'm going to walk around the venue for a bit.

He said, looking down at his phone.

Suho: Don't go too far. We are having the opening in a few minutes.

Jongin: I'll come with you.

I said, standing up slowly and following him outside. We walked for a while, looking around and occasionally stopping to greet other singers and seniors.

Some staff members were filming singers walking backstage, probably to release a behind the scene footage after the show. My ankle was starting to feel sore from all the walking so I asked him to stop for a bit.

Sehun: I need to make a phone call. What are you going to do?

Jongin: Ah... I was just going to keep you company. I didn't know you needed to make a phone call.

Sehun: Well... I need to call Hayoung.

Jongin: What did you do this time?

Sehun: It's not me this time. She is just having all these second thoughts about us, and I don't know what more to say to reassure her.

Jongin: Ah... What happened?

He sighed before shaking his head slightly.

Sehun: Let's talk about it at the house, okay? Aren't you going to look for Soojung?

Jongin: No, she texted me earlier today and said that we shouldn't meet with so many people around us. Plus my ankle is starting to feel sore, so I guess I won't even be able to look for her for too long.

Sehun: Why are they being so cautious about everything? I mean, who would know that we are dating them by just seeing us talk to them?

It was my turn to sigh this time because I totally shared his frustration of not being able to show any type of affection to the girls because of possible scandals, but at the same time I knew they were just being cautious because they needed to be. No one knows how these news will be taken if they ever were to go out someday.

Jongin: Isn't she supposed to be here tonight? Talk to her sometime during the show, when the both of you are backstage or something.

Sehun: I don't think she will want to talk to me in front of all those people, friends or not.

Jongin: Then you can go to her waiting room, and force her to listen to you. From what I've seen of Hayoung, she is usually a very laid back girl, and it's not her style to freak out so if she acts so insecure, it must mean that something happened. You should try harder to reassure her.

Sehun: Look who's talking. You should try to find Soojung and give her a hug before she makes her debut as an host.

Jongin: She should be the one hugging me for my ankle ache!

Sehun: Same difference.

Jongin: Let's do this. At the first break, we'll go find them and talk to them. Call?

Sehun: Call. Now can I make my phone call?

Jongin: Go ahead.

I said, chuckling. He must have wanted to call her since we got out, but I kept talking, so obviously he felt the need to shut me up. Our sassy member.

Jongin: I'm going back.

I mouthed at him when I heard him say Hayoung's name, then walked back in the direction of our waiting room.

"Kai!"

I looked up and smiled at the sight of the person who just called my name.

Jongin: Yo, Amber!

Amber: How are you, dude?

Jongin: I am good. Hello, noona!

Luna: How have you been, Jongin-ah?

Jongin: Good. When did you get here?

Amber: We just walked in, like two minutes ago. We are looking for our waiting room by ourselves.

Luna: Our dear bear manager was too busy worrying for Soojung, so he ran to see her as soon as we told him we could find it by ourselves.

Jongin: Ah. Is she preparing well for the show?

Amber: Like a pro. I think she is going to do a great job.

Jongin: I think so too.

Luna: You should give her a call to encourage her. I bet she will relax a bit.

Jongin: Do you think so?

Amber: Of course! Call her!

Jongin: Okay, I will. I think your waiting room is right there, next to VIXX's. I'm going to show you.

I said, leading the way. We stopped in front of an open door.

Luna: Ah, I think you're right. These are our stage outfits. Thank you, Jongin!

Amber: Are you hurt somewhere? What's wrong with your leg?

I looked down to where she was fixing then looked back up. I was unconsciously limping while trying to find my balance.

Jongin: Ah, yeah. I twisted my ankle at rehearsals today. But it's nothing bad, don't worry.

Luna: Eottokhae! Do you have troubles walking?

Jongin: Not really. I still manage to walk, slowly but surely.

Luna: Aigo. Take care of yourself, Jongin-ah!

Amber: We don't want our maknae to worry for her turbulent boyfriend!

We all laughed before I told them that I needed to get back to our waiting room.

Amber: We'll see you later!

Jongin: See you.

As soon as I was far enough from them, I took my phone out and went to my contacts repertory. After clicking on her name, I stood under a light and waited for her to pick up the call.

I immediately smiled when her face appeared but stopped right away when I saw the look in her eyes.

Soojung: Hi.

Jongin: What's wrong?

Soojung: The show is starting in twenty minutes. I am so nervous.

Jongin: Don't be. You are going to nail it, Soojung, like everything you do. I know it.

She sighed heavily, then closed her eyes for a while. She usually does that when she is overwhelmed. Her manager walked in and gave her some last minute infos about the opening, then left.

Soojung: Thank you, Jongin.

Jongin: Do not ever doubt your capacities, baby. I was just calling to encourage you. Are you going to be fine now?

She finally smiled before nodding her head.

Soojung: More than fine. Thank you for all the nice words, baby.

Jongin: You're welcome. Fighting!

Soojung: Thank you. Good luck to you too! I'll see you at the opening!

She was about to hang up but stopped for a second and looked up.

Soojung: I love you.

She said, almost in a whisper as if she wanted me and only me to hear. Which was probably the case.

Jongin: I love you too. Good luck, baby.

When I hung up, I found myself smiling like an idiot. Just hearing her voice could make me happy, but seeing her was enough for me to feel better about anything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter