Chapter 15

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung was making her way out of the airport, looking extremely tired. The back and forth traveling eventually took a toll on her whole body, even making her unable to sleep comfortably on planes.

With the announcement of Jongin's relapsing injury, the past few days were rough. She was physically and emotionally tired.

Jongin unfortunately had to halt the concert's preparations and could not even perform because his injured foot was not completely healed, and he had a relapse.

He was extremely upset. Mad at himself for trying too hard too soon and getting to that point, and for not taking care of his body in the first place. Soojung and him argued a lot these past few days.

The injury was not as serious as the first time, because he could still walk but it was frustrating more than anything. He was just frustrated to not have been able to perform for his fans during the concerts.

Soojung was also easily irritated because of her level of tiredness. She was finally coming back home for good after resuming all of her schedules overseas, and she hated their situation, but she was honestly too strained to do anything about it at the time.

Heojun: Let's get you home. You need to rest.

Krystal's manager told her when they got in the car. He and her other manager, Wongyun, had been traveling with her most of the time for the past months, so they knew how exhausted she was. They witnessed her working relentlessly for the past three months, without complaining even once.

Soojung: Mm.

Her manager looked in the rear mirror to see what she was doing, because she answered so vaguely, and his heart hurt a little bit when he saw that she was already falling asleep. She just barely got in the car.

They dropped her makeup artist and her coordinator at the agency before heading straight to her house. With Jessica being overseas, Heojun did not know who to call to help him take her up to the apartment, so he had to do it himself.

He did not want to wake her up and interrupt her sleep so he moved the luggage upstairs first then came back to get her. He gently laid her down on her bed and covered her with a blanket, before leaving.

-------------------

Jongin

I was on my way out of the company after quickly meeting with the members. I finished recording a few of my parts for our upcoming comeback, but because I was injured I was advised to go rest for the remaining of the day.

As I got to the front desk, I spotted a familiar face. It was Hyunie, Soojung's coordinator. I approached her before politely bowing.

Jongin: Noona, you're already back?

If she was here, it meant that Soojung was also in Korea. I did not know that she was coming back today.

Hyunie: Eo! We landed two hours ago. But Jieun and I were dropped by thirty minutes ago.

Jongin: Ah...

Hyunie: You didn't know? Oh, I'm sorry!

Jongin: No it's okay... She must just have forgotten to mention it because she was busy.

Hyunie: That could really happen. She is so exhausted lately. You must have been worried when you heard that she fell sick, right?

She started saying, looking at her phone.

Hyunie: That must be why she forgot to mention that she was coming back today.

She continued. My eyes grew big, at the realization of what she said.

Jongin: Soojung fell sick again?

Hyunie: Mm. She fell from exhaustion yesterday, and her anemia is playing a toll on her again. I hope she gets some rest.

I did not want to be obvious, but hearing this, I completely panicked. I tried my best not to show it, but I wanted to get as much information as possible, to decide on what to do next.

Jongin: Jessica Noona must be taking care of her, right?

Hyunie: Ani, Jessica is overseas for her own schedules, with their mother. She doesn't even know that Soojung is sick, or else she would be panicking.

Jongin: So, she is alone at home?

I asked, still trying to sound calm. I do not think it worked, at that point.

Hyunie: I don't know. Heojun Oppa drove her home, but he can't stay with her. The three of us have an event with Amber a little later today. Do you want me to call Wongyun Oppa?

I quickly nodded my head, and waited for the call to get connected.

Hyunie: Mm, Oppa... Are you going to Soojung's today?... Ah, okay. Arrasseoyeo... See you tomorrow!

As soon as she hung up the phone she shook her head no at me.

Hyunie: He has to attend a TV show appearance with Luna. 

I immediately bowed at her, saying goodbye before fast walking out of the building. My ankle brace did not allow me to run or move too fast, so I must have looked like I was just walking even though I was trying to rush.

The few fans that were waiting in front of the company shouted my name and I remembered that I had to be careful of the places I went to, lately. I waved them goodbye before getting in the car.

One of our managers was supposed to drive me home, and while sitting there in the car, I was wondering if I should just ask him to drive me to Soojung's or just give up. Thinking about my members, it would be very unfair to do something just according to my own feelings.

I did not want to put my group into a complicated situation. Again.

As I was about to ask the manager about it, my phone rang. It was Sehun calling.

Jongin: Yeobeoseyo?

Sehun: Jongin, where are you?

Jongin: In the car, in front of the company. Jaemin Hyung is about to drive me home. Why?

Sehun: Can you do me a favor, please?

Jongin: What is it?

Sehun: Soojung just called me and she sounded very sick. She asked if I could come and stay with her, because she is afraid she will faint.

My heart stopped for a second when Sehun said that. We all know Soojung so well to understand that if she got to the point where she felt the need to call for help, it meant that she was really feeling sick.

Sehun: I have to record some more, and her managers are apparently all busy with the other members' schedules. I can't find her stylist anywhere, and I know that you don't want to fuel anything at the moment, but she seems to be very ill.

There was a moment of silence at the other end, then a muffling sound as if the phone was being passed around.

Suho: Jongin-ah? It's Suho Hyung. Just go. She really sounded sick, and I think she would like for you to be there. Don't worry about us.

Jongin: Hyung...

Suho: This is the right thing to do.

Jongin: Alright, Hyung. I'll go to her place.

I finally agreed. Suho gave the phone back to Sehun.

Sehun: Let me know how she's feeling, please. I'll keep my phone close. I'll stop by as soon as I can so that you can go back to the dorm and rest.

Jongin: Alright. You don't need to rush and come, I will stay by her side. Don't worry too much.

Sehun: Thank you, Jongin. I'll talk to you later.

I hung up and asked our manager to drive me to Soojung's apartment complex. He was very reticent at first and called Suho for confirmation before finally giving in.

We got there in thirty minutes because I stopped and got her something to eat her medicine with.

Jongin: Thank you Hyung. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter