Chapter 20

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                    

 

Jongin was standing at the doorstep, with the now closed door behind him, but Soojung was still blocking the way. They were doing a sort of staring contest, but Jongin's eyes were showing nothing but love, while Soojung's were confused.

Soojung: Jongin, please. I'm not ready to have any talk, right now.

Jongin: What talk? I'm just here to spend the day with you, like we used to do when we were just trainees.

Soojung: I don't-

As Soojung was about to reject his offer again, something barked from Jongin's coat, taking her by surprise. She looked, as Jongin smiled down at his coat.

Soojung: What was that?

Instead of replying, he slowly opened his coat and took out the small toy puddle he was holding inside, all this time. He held it in front of Soojung.

Jongin: Cha! Seonmul!

She could not believe that he kept a dog inside his coat for this long. The dog barked again, breaking Soojung away from her shocked silence.

Soojung: Jongin, what is this? Why did you put that little baby inside your coat? It must have been so scared.

She exclaimed as she carefully took the dog away from Jongin's hands. She turned around and walked over to her living room, while keeping the dog close to her chest.

She sat down on her sofa and put the dog on her lap.

Soojung: You must have been surprised, right?

She started talking to the dog and petting it, forgetting that Jongin was there. He slowly followed her, went to sit down in front of her, then smiled as he looked at her.

She spent the next five minutes playing with the dog, and Jongin could tell that she really liked it. She kept smiling and giggling at every little thing the dog did, and Jongin found the interaction very sweet.

Soojung finally remembered that she was not alone and looked at him. She stopped smiling, and tried hard to not even show something even as close as a smirk. She had her eyes directed at him and seemed to be looking at him, but without really seeing him, which got Jongin nervous.

Jongin: Soojung.

She cocked he head to the side upon hearing her name, then vigorously shook her head no, as if she had just decided something important.

Soojung: I don't want the dog. I can't have it.

Jongin: Huh? What do you mean-

Soojung: I don't want the dog. Take it back with you when you leave.

Jongin: Soojung!

She turned back to look at the dog and played with it. Jongin stayed silent, still shocked about the unexpected turn of events. Another five minutes went by, before she spoke again.

Soojung: Jongin, a gift will not erase anything of what has happened. And even with a gift as cute as this one, it will not change that fact.

Jongin did not know what to say, so he just stayed silent for a while. He looked around the living room, while trying to find something to say, and that is when his eyes fell on a piece of paper that was in front of him, on the coffee table.

The only thing he managed to read was the name of the writer of the note, and it was Minhyuk. Jongin tried looking around the room some more, to try and find to what gift this message was attached to, and saw the bouquets of flower that Soojung had received earlier.

A strong feeling of frustration took a hold of him, and he suddenly felt annoyed with everything. All of a sudden, he forgot why he really went there for.

Soojung: Aren't you going to say something? Are you even listening, Jongin?

Jongin: Soojung, what do you want me to do, then? Do you want me to apologize and say that it is never going to happen again? I would, if only I knew exactly what went wrong.

As soon as he saw her expression, he immediately figured that he had said the wrong thing. But he did not want to take it back, for some reason.

The truth is that he was very impulsive when he was jealous. Very.

Soojung: I was right, all along. You just don't get it.

Jongin: Yes, because it always happens inside your head, and it's nothing but your mind playing itself!

He said, sarcastically.

He drew a deep breathe, and closed his eyes for a second. He figured that they would not be able to speak if he kept attacking her.

Jongin: I'm sorry... I didn't mean to snap at you like that, but you almost asked for it.

When he opened them again, Soojung was standing up from the sofa.

Soojung: You should just leave now, Jongin. I've heard enough already.

She picked the dog from the couch, quickly cuddled up to it, before putting it back into Jongin's arms. She walked over to her front door, and turned back to him.

Soojung: I really think you should leave.

Jongin: Soojung, we didn't even get to talk about anything.

Soojung: I told you that I didn't want to talk, in the first place. You just chose to ignore my words. Like you've been doing for the past weeks.

Jongin: Why do you keep saying those stuff, without telling me exactly what is wrong? I want to make things right, I want you back, Soojung!

Soojung: You don't even know why I was hurt in the first place! You just don't get it, Jongin! Dammit!

The dog barked again, probably surprised at the sudden raise of our voices.

Jongin: Don't get mad. Just talk.

Soojung: I'm not ready to have that talk, yet! Can't you understand that?

Jongin: Why though? Why don't you even want to hear me out?

Soojung: Jongin, you don't even know how we got to this point. And that's mainly why we ended up here.

She let out a breath, before calming down a bit. She passed a hand through her hair, showing her degree of frustration.

Jongin: I know what I did, Soojung... and I am seriously sorry about it.

Soojung: And what was that?

Jongin: I forgot your birthday and I snapped at you fo-

Soojung: It's not even that, Jongin! Oh my God!

Jongin stopped again, and he looked as confused as ever. He pondered on it a bit and came to a conclusion of his own.

Jongin: I'm starting to feel like you don't even want to work this out... you're trying to push me away, so that you can live your life as the single and available Krystal Jung, with her many admirers!

Soojung listened to him in utter shock. She was too baffled by what he was saying.

Jongin: You want to be free from me, to be able to be with Minhyuk, right? You two already have something you and I never had and will probably never have, anyway. Everyone wants you two to be together, so I guess it worked out well for you!

Soojung: Wha- are you even listening to yourself? You know what? I'm not even going to go there.

She opened her door this time, and motioned for him to go out.

Jongin: Nice flowers, by the way.

He said on his way out. Soojung slammed the door shut, before walking back to her living room. She sat down on her sofa, and took a deep breathe.

--------------------
Jongin

After I was kicked out by Soojung, I immediately went back to the dorm. All I wanted to do was hide under a cover and sleep until this nightmare was over.

Thinking about the whole argument with Soojung, I realized that I went way too far. I should have just controlled myself and heard her out.

I had no excuses as to why I acted the way I did. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter