Chapter 23

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The two of them stayed silent while looking at each other, but Soojung had that sweet smile, that Jongin liked so much, on her face.

Jongin: Why are you smiling like that?

Soojung: Because you're cute when you're nervous.

Jongin was taken aback by Soojung's straightforwardness and could not hide the small smile that appeared at the corner of his mouth.

Jongin: I'm not that nervous.

He barely managed to reply after a short silent.

Soojung: Really? So why are you clinging so hard onto the doorknob?

She asked as she pointed at his tightly closed hand, before smirking.

Jongin: Ah... I didn't realize that I was still holding it.

Soojung: Were you planning to run away from the conversation again?

She added, more seriously this time. She could not stop herself from thinking about their argument of the previous week. It left a bitter taste in and she did not want to experience that feeling of rejection ever again.

Jongin: Yeah... Sorry about that, by the way.

Soojung's furrowed her brows and scrutinized Jongin's face as if she was looking for something.

Jongin: What?

Soojung: No arguing? You're not going to argue that you didn't run away, or anything like that?

Jongin released his hold of the doorknob and breathed out. At first glance she looked like she was just teasing him, but Jongin could tell that she was just putting on an act for the sake of not generating another argument.

Jongin: I actually want us to fix this, Soojung.

It was her turn to sigh and close her eyes for a second.

Soojung: I'm sorry... that's what I want too. That's why I came here today.

Jongin: Let's go to the living room.

She nodded her head and waited for him to lead the way. They both sat at opposite ends of the sofa.

They fell into yet another silence, none of them knowing where to begin.

 

-------------------

Soojung

As we sat there in a complete silence, I managed to quickly collect my thoughts and think clearly enough. I realized that I had to start engaging a conversation if I wanted this to go anywhere.

Soojung: I'm sorry, Jongin... I am sorry for all the things that I did and said during our break, that could have hurt you. I admit that I was being selfish in the way that I reacted to our issues, asking for some space, but also wanting you to show me that you wanted to be with me.

He looked at me without saying a word, but I could tell that I had his full attention. His mouth naturally turned into a small pout, just like every time he feels touched or a little bit guilty about something.

Soojung: I can't exactly pinpoint what lead us to having such a savage break, but to have been in such bad terms with you, like never before, made me realize how much I don't want us to turn like that... I am sorry for failing you and for hurting you even though we had promised to protect one another's hearts. I should have done better.

By the time I said the last sentence, Jongin was already kneeling down next to where I was sitting and holding my hand.

Jongin: Soojung, I am the one who failed you and hurt you. I don't want to hear you sounding so heartbroken over something that I created. I did not live up to the expectations that I had promised I would fulfill for our relationship, and I am sorry for that.

Soojung: Sit down, I don't want you to kneel down like that for too long. You could hurt yourself again.

I helped him up and patted the spot next to me. We stayed silent again for a long minute, before I spoke up.

Soojung: Do you think we will be able to fix our relationship with just one talk?

Jongin: I am sure it will take more than just this talk to go back to what we were, but that's not what I am looking for.

Soojung: What do you mean?

Jongin: I want us to aim for an even better relationship. I don't want us to go back to that space where we were both repressing our feelings.

Soojung: You're right... I like that.

I slightly smiled. It was oddly very awkward for me and I did not know what to do with my body. It did not help that he kept looking at me with insisting eyes.

He took my hand and brought it to his mouth before closing his eyes. I grabbed that opportunity to arrange my position. I didn't know why I felt so self conscious.

Jongin: I've missed this scent.

Soojung: Oh, so you missed me a bit, at least. I'm happy to hear that.

His eyes shot open and he looked at me with the most confused, yet adorable, expression.

Jongin: Soojung, you don't know how much I missed you! Those three weeks felt like three months to me!

Soojung: I have missed you for much more longer, Jongin! I know that we're here to fix our relationship, but I feel like I need to take some stuff off of my chest if I really want to move on... Those two weeks before we broke up were so hard for me. I tried not to be selfish and I really wanted to be able to bear with everything but- but, I just couldn't!

I started trembling because the bitter memories of my feelings from back then were coming back. I needed to let everything out.

Soojung: You were having such a hard time and I wanted to be there for you but you didn't let me. Then you stopped caring for me so I felt like I was being pushed away some more... I hated that period so much, because I needed answers and reassurance, but you were not able to give me any of that. I never want to experience this again.

His expression went from a confused one, to a sad one. I could feel the guilt growing in him, so I stopped for a while.

Soojung: I feel better now, don't worry. I have had time to think everything over, and to realize that you were just living a very stressful time. It wasn't really your fault, you just couldn't control your emotions.

Jongin: You're always trying to find me excuses, even when I hurt you... Soojung... I am so sorry. Hearing you speak like that just broke my heart, and I can't believe I was the cause of so much pain. A hundred sorry's will not even be enough... I am so sorry!

I let out a significant sigh, before holding his hand this time.

Soojung: Maybe you could make amends with a hundred kisses instead.

His eyes met mine, seeking for a sort of last confirmation before he slowly leaned forward and held my head in his hands. After he made sure that I was comfortable with the position, he gently pushed his lips against mine, as we both closed our eyes and enjoyed our first kiss in a long while.

It started very slowly and I could tell that Jongin was being mindful of me, but I wanted more. I missed him so much.

I gently put one of my hands on his right thigh, making him freeze at my contact, for a millisecond. He quickly got a hold of the situation and from there the kiss was passionate and loving.

We had to break away to catch our breathes at some point. We looked at each other again before bursting into fits of laughter. We were not too awkward anymore.

Soojung: We should probably go eat diner before it gets cold.

Jongin:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter